Fri, Oct 4, 3:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: Hey, whats Happening ?

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2011 at 1:25 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:41 PM

Finally got a chance to use my computer - my so called roommate has been playing pogo games on it. Haven't been doing anything artistic for a while, lost my job been fighting to keep my apartment, being used to death by someone who couldn't care less about me and the bills are piling up.

Sorry state, but this place always cheered me up and I'm trying to remain positive and "I still live!".  

My cat is doing well but she's been grounded for a couple days as when I let her out she ran off.

AnnieD ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2011 at 2:24 PM

file_467698.jpg

Put the cat to work while grounded

Happy to see that you "still live"

Sorry things aren't exactly going your way right now..hang in there, as they say...of course "they" probably don't know what they're talking about. :biggrin:

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2011 at 3:48 PM

LOL!! Thanks, AnnieD ! I showed Katrina and she liked the idea ! ! You see there's this little dog named Murphy who passes by every once and a while . . .

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2011 at 11:06 PM

ooh..bikermouse.. you gonna make her take potshots at murphy?? oooh..that's bad.. :-p p

get back into bryce....we mad hattters still around.. and it is a world you can disappear into. life is mean..but hey.. we've got this going for us.. so why not? 

hugs..and get back here!!

RobertJ ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2011 at 4:53 AM

Quote - Finally got a chance to use my computer - my so called roommate has been playing pogo games on it. Haven't been doing anything artistic for a while, lost my job been fighting to keep my apartment, being used to death by someone who couldn't care less about me and the bills are piling up.

Shakes hand, me being without a job for a while now, lucky i don't have to fight to keep the appartment or that the bills pile-up.

Still it s*cks.

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2011 at 8:04 AM
Forum Moderator

Nice to see you about again, BM.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2011 at 8:57 AM

I as well had a useless roommate/tenant in my joint but they're gone now and I can barely cover expenses so I sympathize...looks like I'll have to start playing in bars again....hard to do for a non practicing alcoholic but I'm not tempted by booze, just disgusted by the antics of the customers so I may well be a beer seller again...sigh...good luck finding gainful employment BM.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2011 at 2:08 AM
Forum Moderator

Good luck with everyones job situation and roomates suck.  I have never had a good room mate experience.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2011 at 10:22 AM

Murphy's safe.

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2011 at 11:13 AM
Forum Moderator

I agree with AnnieD.  Put the cat to work while grounded.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2011 at 11:36 AM

"Times is gittin hard boys

Money's gettin scarce.

If times don't get much bettah

Gonna have to leave this place..."

from the 193o's...some things never change much.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2011 at 12:16 AM

"Take my true love by the hand
Lead her through the town
Say goodbye to everyone
Goodbye Charlie Brown "

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2011 at 3:38 AM

um..er..bikermouse..you there???

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2011 at 9:16 AM · edited Tue, 19 April 2011 at 9:23 AM

I'm here . My last post quotes the old Lee Hayes song's second verse (the alternative version) with one liberty I replaced Sally with Charlie.    

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2011 at 10:22 AM

and I was I think quoting Woodie Guthrie.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2011 at 9:58 PM

ah phew.. those lines.."Say goodbye to everyone" sorta got me worried.....

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2011 at 12:56 PM

There are two versions one is simply about moving to California where he hopes it'll be better and the other is a bit more morbid.  Mouse not morbid.

Woody Gutherie: Yeah that was my first thought too but I looked it up because I wasn't sure. http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/t/timesaregettinghardboys.shtml Well perhaps the website has it wrong. The internet is full of bad documentation.   

Ever since I attributed "... I'd walk ten miles barefoot on a frosty morning just to stand ..." to Susan Polis Schultz rather than to Richard Bradigan I tend to look stuff like that up but even so I don't always get it right.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2011 at 2:29 PM

Well I was assuming BM...as I learned it from the Cisco Houston Songbook which I lost shortly after learning most of the tunes in 1968, and he was mates with Woodie, I just assumed wrong I guess...trad sounds more correct but I wonder about Lee Hays being the original author no matter what the net says..LOL...but that's just cynical old me speaking.. ...he was more a recorder of other folks tunes than a composer if memory serves.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2011 at 2:32 PM · edited Wed, 20 April 2011 at 2:34 PM

As a side note it is owned by Folkways Music Publishers Inc. which point even pointier to it being an anon song as that's what they published in large part.. ...

and from a youtube

This song (chorus only) was in Carl Sandburg's book "American Songbag" (1927)
Lee Hays (of the Weavers) wrote the verses.

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 2:27 AM

Yeah, from other sites it looks like Lee Hayes just arranged the song and it was what's called a "traditional".  The author (of the lyrics?) appears to be unknown.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.