Wed, Sep 18, 1:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Darn it, messed up my fonts again.

RealDeal ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2011 at 6:08 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 4:24 AM

Sigh.

I installed some new fonts on my XP machine, and, for the 3rd time since Poser 4 came out, the fonts in my Poser installation (Poser 6, now) are messed up.

All I can remember about the problem is that one of the fonts I installed has replaced one of the windows "default" fonts; the fix I can't find anywhere, and apparently isn't in the forum archives anymore.

Anyone remember?

Kalypso ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2011 at 2:41 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Happened to me recently too but I was lucky, I rebooted and everything was restored.  Did you try that?  Maybe go back to a restore point? Or reinstall the default XP fonts, if you do a google search for them I'm sure they're available somewhere.

RealDeal ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2011 at 11:23 PM

I tried all that, I'm not sure if the system restore would have worked or not, because my earliest system restore was the day AFTER I installed the fonts. I managed to fix it by deleting all the fonts that looked anything like poser was showing, but I remember there being a real simple fix for this, darn it.

I THINK it had something to do with editing the file "asifont.map": from what I remember, poser looks for a font that is closest in style to a font that USED to be installed on all Windows & MAC systems back in Poser 1.0 days, but hasn't been there since. Or something like that.

Or was it something that was in the registry?

regardless, thanks for the help kalypso

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2011 at 7:29 AM
Site Admin

When I had a similar problem I was directed to here http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2818411 it didn't help me but it might help you.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2011 at 12:55 PM

I never install fonts into my font folder. I always keep them in a separate folder and when I want access to them, I simply open the font and minimize it to my tool bar and any program that I open will now have access to that font, so long as it stays open and minimized in my tool bar.

To view a font, I use a font viewer program called "Printer's Apprentice"

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RealDeal ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2011 at 1:29 AM

Quote - I never install fonts into my font folder. I always keep them in a separate folder and when I want access to them, I simply open the font and minimize it to my tool bar and any program that I open will now have access to that font, so long as it stays open and minimized in my tool bar.

holy... I've been a computer professional in various disparate fields since 1987, and I have never, ever, ever heard of this. Wow.

SteveJax ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2011 at 1:50 AM

Me either! See! Even old dawgs can learn new tricks.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2011 at 9:56 AM · edited Wed, 20 April 2011 at 9:57 AM

Quote - > Quote - I never install fonts into my font folder. I always keep them in a separate folder and when I want access to them, I simply open the font and minimize it to my tool bar and any program that I open will now have access to that font, so long as it stays open and minimized in my tool bar.

holy... I've been a computer professional in various disparate fields since 1987, and I have never, ever, ever heard of this. Wow.

I used to do a lot with Paint Shop Pro when I first got a computer. And it was a little trick that I learned from various PSP groups.  I've done it with several different programs (PSP, PS, PhotoImpact, various web building programs etc).

I admit that I've never tried it with Poser.  However, I can't see why it wouldn't work if it works with other programs that use fonts.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.