Wed, Sep 18, 11:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Making Poser Pro work like Poser 7

Cyberwoman ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 12:46 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 8:35 AM

So I just downloaded a shiny new copy of Poser Pro 2010, and I'm excited to start working with the new lighting and rendering options it offers. However, I have a bunch of old projects made in Poser 7 that I need to work with, and I don't have time to tweak all my lights and materials. How do I make Poser Pro render as much like Poser 7 as possible, so I can work with my old projects while I'm learning the new settings?

~*I've made it my mission to build Cyberworld, one polygon at a time*~

Watch it happen at my technology blog, Building Cyberworld.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 1:28 PM

Make sure the Gamma Control setting is turned off under rendering since Poser 7 didn't have GC.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 3:02 PM · edited Sun, 24 April 2011 at 3:04 PM

in addition, uncheck IDL.

p.s. one regrets to report that rowland atkinson was invited to the wedding, whilst certain european royal cousins were not :crying:

lkendall ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 4:13 PM

I have some projects I have nursed along from P5 to P6 to P7 to PP to P8 to PP2010. One day Poser will be able to render what I can see in my mind.

....Well, maybe it already can, and I don't know how to do it yet. I will keep trying, and learning from the fine folks in this forum.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 4:21 PM

Quote - p.s. one regrets to report that rowland atkinson was invited to the wedding, whilst certain european royal cousins were not :crying:

He's much more entertaining to have at a wedding then all those boring European cousins :-) !!!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 4:34 PM

Quote - > Quote - p.s. one regrets to report that rowland atkinson was invited to the wedding, whilst certain european royal cousins were not :crying:

He's much more entertaining to have at a wedding then all those boring European cousins :-) !!!

And he has more cunning plans! :tt2:

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 4:38 PM · edited Sun, 24 April 2011 at 4:38 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - p.s. one regrets to report that rowland atkinson was invited to the wedding, whilst certain european royal cousins were not :crying:

And he has more cunning plans! :tt2:

Do they include painting himself purple and dancing naked on a harpsichord singin... no wait, that's "subtle plans"... :biggrin:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 6:26 PM

And to answer the OP question, change GC under your render settings to 1.  Then you should be able to render as P7.

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 8:06 PM

If you already started your projects under Poser 7, you won't need to change anything. Scenes created with Poser 7 or earlier will open in Poser 8 with the new rendering features (gamma correction, indirect light) disabled and should render to the same image as in Poser 7.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 9:34 PM

The app in question is PP2010; P8 does not have Gc built into it's render engine.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 10:35 PM

yeah, but she'll wanna at least turn on GC to get those nice renders.  but wait for P9 to try out the GI renders.

Cyberwoman ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 12:27 AM

Sorry to be incognito--I'd forgotten that I even made this thread :blushing:

Thank you all very much! I'm currently loving Poser Pro right now... can't wait to start playing with its new features!

~*I've made it my mission to build Cyberworld, one polygon at a time*~

Watch it happen at my technology blog, Building Cyberworld.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 7:56 AM

Poserpro has some nice features;

problem is indeed that lights, materials, interaction between obj's and the stuff around them, makes you "rethink' lights, and scenes.

once mastered, an old scene can get "NEW" life.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.