Fri, Oct 4, 2:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 problems with deleting figures

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 4:02 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:24 PM

Hey all,

Poser Pro 2010 8.03.11414

Windows 7 64 bit

In the last 2 days, Poser had suddenly started crashing when I delete a figure. It doesn't seem to matter what figure it is. I've tried using the delete key, and also going through the menus. I get the "Are you sure you want to delete the current figure?" dialog, and when I press "Yes" it just hangs. I've tried leaving it hanging for up to 20 minutes, but it never comes back.

Haven't made any system changes, but I do seem to remember there was an Adobe Air update waiting for me on Thursday morning (prior to that I've been away from home for a week.)

Anyone have any ideas?

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

wimvdb ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 7:27 AM

I installed the AIR updates on 2 machines runnning PP2010 and Windows 7 64 - No problems for me.

But I have had the same problem last year (with Windows Vista 64) on one machine with PP2010: A Delete Figure would hang Poser and also a Render would never fiinish. In my case the problem was caused by a conflict with Outlook Connector (an add-in for Outlook).

When Poser was hanging I could close Outlook (and the add-in) and Poser would continue. Usually the problem would vanish after a reboot and reappear after a few days or sometimes weeks. After I de-installed the Outlook Connector the problem never re-appeared.

I have seen a report mentioning another application which would sometimes interfere with Poser. So one simple thing to try when Poser is hanging is to close other applications you have running to see if any of them is interfering with Poser.

There may be another cause, but this is a simple thing to try

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 9:16 AM

Thanks - I'm not running Outlook but I do run a fair few other apps concurrently with Poser. I'll try closing them down and see what happens.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

patorak3d ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 11:11 AM

Is there a list of programs that could affect Poser's performance?

wimvdb ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 12:12 PM · edited Sat, 26 March 2011 at 12:15 PM

The problem I had with Vista and Poser in this case was not so much a performance issue as a situation where one program (outlook connector) blocked Poser.

This seems to happen under certain conditions only, since no-one else seemed to have this problem with the outlook connector and it also did not happen consistently. The two programs have no connection at all so it might be a bug in the OS. One other case where it happened with (if I recall correctly) was with firefox or one of its plugins. But many people use firefox and the problem does not happen to them.

If you want to find out what it is and you are technically up to the task: On the microsoft site there is a program called Process Explorer. With it you can look in all the process information of any program. If you load the program and Poser is stalled, you can find out which DLL's are communicating with external DLL's and what their status is. In my case a Poser process was waiting for a dll from the Outlook Connector. When I closed Outlook, the process was released and Poser continued.

So while it might not be Outlook which is causing the problem, it might give you a clue what other program (if any) is blocking Poser.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 2:10 PM

Wow! Hey KarenJ! Long time no see around here! Hope you're doing well!

DMFW ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2011 at 12:58 AM

I know this is an old thread but in case anyone finds it in a search, the same thing happens in Poser 8 with Sr 3 on a Vista 64 bit machine for me (and I've seen it reported on another thread at DAZ for someone with Poser 8 and Sr 2 and Vista 64 bit). In my case I don't have outlook running.

I've got the latest patch for Poser 8 (8.0.3.11793) and I keep my OS up to date as well. Unfortunately I haven't used Poser for a while so I've taken lots of upgrades to things (e.g. Java, Flash etc...) that all might be the triggering the problem. It's a frustrating issue. Will post here again if I find a solution that works for me (can't help but feel that whatever else Poser might be clashing with, at bottom this is Poser's fault)

Zev0 ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2011 at 4:23 AM

Lol sometimes after an update my poser decides to be slow again. I can never figure out poserPro2010 and win7 64 Combination. But when it decides to work, it works very well.

My Renderosity Store

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2011 at 4:46 AM

I'm on a mac and lately with a dynamic scene I too have problems deleting figures with advanced figure manager getting an immediate crash.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

MyCat ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2011 at 7:04 AM

I have it on Windows 7 64 bit and am not experinecing figure delete problems. I am running a later build though: 8.0.3.11916. Perhaps you might check for an update?

ironsoul ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 5:09 AM

I have a similar problem, when a poser dialogue appears (e.g. delete figure prompt) poser hangs. Read somewhere this is a problem with flash. I tried updating flash but with no effect. Uninstalling flash gives you a super fast poser and no hanging problem but no library so no use. Only solution I have is to not to run other apps that are using flash. For example if I'm listening to an internet radio station via Chrome and poser hangs I can fix the problem by terminating chrome. Not tested other browsers, maybe they are ok.

MyCat - where did you get 8.0.3.11916 from ?

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 6:16 AM

"a super fast poser" sounds really good.  I have the semideu library manager which I could use.

do you mean the scrolling for the parameters dial is quicker or going from render to preview mode is quicker (that window change always gives me a spinning beachball).

I am on a mac though. How do i disable flash to see if this works?

Love esther

ironsoul ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 7:16 AM

Hi Esther

Sorry didn't intend that point to be too serious (P8 has always been very slugish on my PC so any improvement looks good).  With Flash removed it seemed quicker to load/display/move V4 but I did't do much more testing (no point without the library).

I get strange lags going from render to preview mode too - might test.

Don't know how to disable flash other than uninstall it.

Cheers

Mark

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 7:25 AM

well who knows, maybe you have made some breakthrough discovery.

Have you tried the semidieu advanced library manager from rdna?  YOu can load and conform multiple items all in one click and magnetize them to V4 as well if you want.

Love esther

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 7:46 AM · edited Tue, 10 May 2011 at 7:50 AM

Ironsoul - MyCat's build number, 11916, is the latest Poser Pro 2010 build. That number is not applicable to Poser 8.

KarenJ - You should update first to 11916. It might solve the problems.

In both Windows and Mac, I run Poser Pro 2010 with the external (AIR) library. I actually prefer this version since I don't want my library docked, nor do I want a floating but always-on-top palette. If Flash is a problem of some sort, this version may avoid it. I don't know that Flash actually is the culprit.

I have had Outlook make Poser Pro unable to come back from a render, even though I'm not running any Flash of any kind.

Note to everybody: Poser 8 and Poser Pro 2010, while related, have enough differences that it is not always helpful to bring up every problem ever seen in response to every other problem ever posted. Further, the 32-bit and 64-bit are sufficiently different as well as to warrant caution when drawing too many conclusions. Not every headache is a brain tumor.

People say P8 still crashes all the time. I believe it. I used to use P8 until PP2010 came out and it croaked often enough to notice. I run PP2010/64 constantly, for days on end, and it never, ever crashes on me. 

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

ironsoul ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 7:55 AM

Hmm, on the PC, the render->preview pause were the same with and without flash. However, there is a hanging point just after the render completes (i.e. on the PC Poser freezes until the other flash app is terminated). Maybe on the Mac this translates to a time out.

No I haven't tried Semidieu, sounds very useful, I'm always loading the same sets.

Thanks

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 8:14 AM

"I run PP2010/64 constantly, for days on end, and it never, ever crashes on me. 

I never used to either until a couple of weeks ago.  When I try to open some big scenes with a few characters wearing dynamic clothes.

I have noticed lately that when I load one of these scenes into poser pro 2010 on a mac (which is only 32 bit still) I have to load it twice.  the first time always crashes on trying to open it.  Must have something corrupted I suppose.

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 8:40 AM

oh even a scene that isn't dynamic anymore because I removed all the frames apart from 1 and put on new clothes on the figures.  but the having to open poser twice still is happening - probably something wrong with one of the figures maybe.

Love esther

ironsoul ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 10:49 AM

Clarification on the flash issue.

It's specific to Google Chrome only. IE does not cause a problem. Google support site already has references to it and from customer comments it appears applicable to both Poser 8 and 2010. I wouldn't be surprised if this already appears in a poser forum somewhere in RR. 

Hang appears to be related to using video and audio files, unfortunately didn't find a fix.

Sorry for the misinformation, I must have forgotten to close down chrome during the testing. If this doesn't help good luck with resolving your issue.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 7:00 PM

I don't know what googlechrome is.  I use google for searching.

Love esther

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 7:10 PM

Quote - I don't know what googlechrome is.

It's Google's web browser.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 7:51 PM

Oh okay.  well I use safari so that isn't the cause of my problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.