Thu, Sep 19, 8:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: poser 8 upgrade but can't use it as it wont accept my the serial no any help ple

rowlando ( ) posted Thu, 12 May 2011 at 5:51 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 4:36 AM

i thought I would ask here as its often faster and some has gone through the same problem.

I have upgraded from poser7 to 8 and when trying to open poser8 it requests the serial and asks you to imput the old serial if upgrading as I am.

but I can only input this serial into the new serial section so the result is my serial is not accepted.

if I could just be able to type or paste it into the right section it would maybe work

Any suggestions as I am terrified of trying to get help from smithmicro

cheers Rowlando

Seek what you can never loose

mykyndryd ( ) posted Thu, 12 May 2011 at 6:43 AM

I sidegraded / upgraded from Poser 8 Debut to Poser 8 and got issued a new serial number.

When I ran Poser 8, it had spaces for the new and old numbers but the old number space wouldn't let me type anything, so I entered the new number in the new number field and it seemed to work and didn't bother with the previous number.

Good luck. Smith Micro normally turn tech quesried around within the hour (for me anyway) during their working hours. Be sure to have all the info required to raise the tech ticket like the serial numbers, order number etc.

Regards. Mike.

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 12 May 2011 at 9:07 AM

Quote - i thought I would ask here as its often faster and some has gone through the same problem.

I have upgraded from poser7 to 8 and when trying to open poser8 it requests the serial and asks you to imput the old serial if upgrading as I am.

but I can only input this serial into the new serial section so the result is my serial is not accepted.

if I could just be able to type or paste it into the right section it would maybe work

Any suggestions as I am terrified of trying to get help from smithmicro

cheers Rowlando

If you purchased the Upgrade online from Smith Micro, you do not need to enter the old code (that is why it is disabled) You entered it when purchasing.

Do not be afraid to ask for help from Smith Micro Support.. we do not bite (at least not hard!) You can always create your incident with the subject "Attn: John"  and I should get the incident.

ratscloset
aka John

rowlando ( ) posted Thu, 12 May 2011 at 8:24 PM

hello all

Thanks so much for your advice I did contact  smith micro and did a new serial today. What a great fast response I take back my timidty thanks Rowlando

Seek what you can never loose

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.