Sun, Oct 6, 12:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Peter Lik, "From the Edge"

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2011 at 6:17 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 11:56 PM

http://www.weather.com/tv/tvshows/peter-lik

http://www.peterlik.com/

I finally got a chance to watch a couple of shows last night..He's a little over the top..kind of like the "Steve Irwin of Photography"... LOL... but, it's interesting to watch the lengths he goes to get shots.. Over and over he talks about how important light and composition are..Watch it with some non-photographer friends..they will enjoy it, and perhaps understand our world/passion..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

blinkings ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2011 at 7:04 PM

Yeah I agree he is the Steve Irwin of photography! CRIKEY!

Meowgli ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 6:06 AM

yeah fair play to the guy for being just about the best marketer going these days, definitely not shy of tooting his own horn that's for sure! some awesome images but I'd say his 'hyper bushman' image has a lot to do with his success, I could give you a list of current photographers whose work I think pushes the boundaries more and who don't make nearly as much, I guess it's just that they don't shout about it as much! from what I've heard this segment on the weather channel hasn't been that well received, but I doubt by this point he even gives a damn what with his 13 galleries and several millions in the bank!

definitely an interesting caricature to show to non-photog friends though, pretty much an exagerrated look at what drives us to find that next great shot!

Adam Edwards Photography

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.