Mon, Sep 23, 3:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: BRYCE/POSER

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 5:40 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 3:20 AM

Hi,

Is there some kind of compatibility between BRYCE and POSER?

Can you import POSER characters into BRYCE or BRYCE backgrounds into POSER?

Thanks,

JJ

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 7:48 PM

You can import almost anything from Poser into Bryce if you export the models in object file form... ( or comparable form)  Sometimes there might be texture associated problems.. sometimes mesh... some can be fixed easily some not...

a figure, once exported it can not be re-introduced into Poser for re-posing.. It's a one way deal...

Now, Daz Studio has a bridge to Bryce and exporting to Bryce is a one click deal..

Daz Studio is free.. and it can handle Poser Runtime files... So,,,  You can take things from Poser using Studio and take them into Bryce...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 8:31 PM

Thanks, it's very hard to find any info on BRYCE.

I've tried DAZ but I'm hooked to POSER: it is just weak on landscapes (natural terrain, montains, lakes...) and I need that for a long term project.

I have tried TERRAGEN but found it a pain to use, and what I've seen in the BRYCE gallery looks fantastic and looks just like what I need.

Do you think it fits the bill and is worth trying it?

dan whiteside ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2011 at 7:25 AM · edited Fri, 22 April 2011 at 7:25 AM

Attached Link: B7 ple

You can try the free B7 PLE version here:

http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/bryce7/download?_m=d

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2011 at 8:23 AM · edited Fri, 22 April 2011 at 8:24 AM
Forum Moderator

Tom is correct but he left out the fact that if after going from DAZ/Studio to Bryce you want to change the pose, you can go straight back to DAZ/Studio and make changes.

Ok so I'm biased, but Bryce is incredibly easy to use and is great for light users or fanatics like myself. There are also a great many presets and freebies for it right here in Rendo.

As for it being hard to find out about Bryce, you just landed in the best place possible. We'll try to answer any and all of your questions.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2011 at 9:16 AM

I echo TheBryster tho I personally find TG2 easier to use for some reason...both have render tims that leave me computerless tho...Fire away with queries tho as we have the very best of the best Brycers here.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2011 at 11:10 PM

I use Bryce to make backgrounds for Poser scenes. Works out pretty well for that.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SteveJax ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2011 at 7:53 PM

Taking Poser content into Bryce is the ONLY thing I use DAZ Studio for.

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 4:27 AM

the really BAD thing about the bride now is that you can only import 30 frames of animation. totaly useless

cmcc ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2011 at 9:41 PM

i'd like to respond to pakled's response. a lot of times i will transport to poser to bryce via daz but it is really more for an exercise. u can use bryce as a backdrop for poser and use poser ground as a shadow catcher and get great work. most of the high paid professional 3d and mixed media digital painters use so much layering it's ridiculous but newbies insist on being pure and get everything done with one render in one app. also with poser u can backdrop animations and lay your poser animations on top of your bryce animations. if u really would like your final render to be in bryce you can get several complex images into bryce by exporting tiff and png images in poser and then make 2d picture objects and put them wherever you want into your bryce scenes; and they easily pass as 3d. if ur careful u can even get away with using these 2d picture objects in ur bryce animations without notice.

Computer Art by Charles McChesney

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.