Fri, Sep 20, 8:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Looking for packing material - like wood shavings - in a crate.

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2011 at 9:39 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:21 AM

Hi,

I know this is a long shot, but anyone know where I can find (or easily create) wood shavings that I can then place within a crate?

BionicRooster ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2011 at 9:47 AM
Forum Moderator

If you already have a crate, I'd say a Poser one sided square with texture and bump map should work.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2011 at 9:50 AM

Yes, I have the crate. I just need to fill it with wood shavings and I need the wood shavings to be 'sprinkled around' - placed around - an object in the crate.

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2011 at 9:54 AM

And also fall out between the slats of the crate, so I don't think a one-sided texture map would work.

BionicRooster ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2011 at 10:17 AM
Forum Moderator

Well you just said packing material, you left out your 'main' details.   :oP

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2011 at 7:52 PM

The protrusion between slats is the hard part.

Except for the protrusion, existing Afro-type hair does the job well.  I just tried the "Trendy Hair" by Kaiz...  with the right color it could pass for excelsior.

You might be able to use the Hair Room to grow fibers on the interior surfaces of the packing case.

Or take a cloth plane, drape it so it protrudes between the slats on one side, then grow hair on the cloth plane and make the plane itself transparent? 

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2011 at 7:54 PM

Good idea, ockham. I'll have to give that a try. Thank you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.