Fri, Sep 20, 12:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Chat, need input

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 3:39 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

Hi All,

Okay here is the deal....the programmer is in the middle of a really big project that has to be completed before he can even think about working on the chat.  Resolving all the chat issues is going to take some time once he gets in there and tries to figure it all out.

SO, the question is, would you all rather we just take down the link and have no access to chat at all until it's issues are completely resolved OR would you rather leave it and use as is until then?

It does work just can be very buggy. I went over the transcripts to see and it appears there has been plenty of activity and discussions going on in there over the last week or so.  It can be used, you will just have to keep in mind that we are aware of the bugginess and will get it resolved as soon as we possibly can.

Let me know in this forum thread what your preference is as far as leaving it or taking it down until it's all working as it should.

Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Stacey

BionicRooster ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 3:43 PM
Forum Moderator

Leave it up running as it is for now. It may take a few tries, but once you get in, it usually runs pretty well for a little while at least.

I'd rather be able to chat in it, slightly buggy, then not at all.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 3:44 PM

Thanks BR.. That is what Oshio said as well:)  Great minds and all that lol

Oshio ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 4:00 PM

sometimes it does take a while to get in, usually worth it tho..umm   yeah no innuendo there then.

http://www.songcastmusic.com/profiles/Oshio

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 4:11 PM

We have about 5 or 6 people chatting pretty smoothly with not very much buginessd at all.. YAY

Daymond42 ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 4:15 PM

I'd say keep it as is for now.

But I do like my idea of an IRC-based chat.. c.c

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 4:28 PM

Thanks Day.. When the time comes for the programmer to sit down with this, I will give him all suggestions, issues, etc so it is possible:)

CarolSassy ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 4:53 PM

I check in every once in a while, but I keep moofing. lol q-:  It's okay.  I didn't have much to say anyway! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! (:

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 8:55 PM

LOL Carol:)  

Biscuits ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 6:53 AM · edited Tue, 03 May 2011 at 6:53 AM

And people who try, keep in mind sometimes it takes 13 logins to actually get in.

So people don't stop at the first attempt to login or 2 or 3 or...:P

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 8:18 PM

was able to log in after 5 tries - it said "You are posting messages too fast!"

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 9:36 PM

p.s. would suggest putting it on the back burner, in case they can repair it as an overhead activity.  it doesn't add value to the site IMVHO, and it may do more harm than good.  most members here avoid using it even when it works AFAIK.  I agree about setting up an IRC room, but they can do that without any official imprimatur, and they can be in charge of it.  I used some of those toon channels in the 90s when they were popular, and they can be fun with the right people.

CarolSassy ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 10:02 PM

I used to host in the MSN Comichat rooms.  I also have an Australian friend that has a chatroom in one of those servers now.  Those were awesome chatrooms. (:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

Winterclaw ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 4:27 PM

Even when I do get in, the flashing names to the side is annoying.

IMO use an IRC service if you can.  If not I'll try to tolerate the flashing and the you're typing too fast messages.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Lzy724 ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2011 at 8:59 AM

I havent been able to get in there for the past few weeks with my mom still in the hospital, but it wasnt working too too bad when I was.  If looking for another chat is an option, and easier than all the bugginess then I say go with something new.  But leave it as is till the decision is made, cuz I do like to pop in once in awhile. :)

CarolSassy ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2011 at 9:10 AM

I think it's a good idea to leave it until something better is done.  At least we know there are some people in there, and if we are lucky we can STICK around long enough. lol  That's STICK without moofing. hee hee!

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

Lzy724 ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2011 at 10:03 AM

Chat is broken again, I am getting a big old white empty screen. :(

uncle808us ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 12:45 PM

Leave it as it is until the fix.

MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6

Daymond42 ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2011 at 4:48 PM

Out of curiosity... should a normal user be able to view all the transcript activity stuff since approximately April 11th? That seems to be what is displaying when I click it, and as one can imagine, it's one hell of a huge transcript.

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2011 at 7:44 PM

it was working approx. 7 min. ago.

in case anybody asks.  didn't check the transcript.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2011 at 12:53 PM

A quick update that we are going to get started looking into the chat issues this week:)

uncle808us ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2011 at 12:58 PM

Cool Thanks

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2011 at 1:19 PM

:)  I will keep you all updated as we work through the issues.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2011 at 1:21 PM

FYI they will be taking the chat down in a few minutes to upgrade some stuff.  Just wanted to let you all know if you try to go there and it doesn't come up at all. It will be back just give us a few:):)

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2011 at 3:42 PM

Okay we have a few more little tweaks to work through on the chat for now but it should be working much much better than previously. Please either post here or sitemail me if you see some of the old craziness occur.

uncle808us ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2011 at 3:48 PM

Thanks

Biscuits ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2011 at 4:00 PM · edited Tue, 31 May 2011 at 4:00 PM

Looking good! Thank you!

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2011 at 6:17 PM

Thank y'all.  We still got a few minor things to resolve tomorrow but it is working MUCH better now.  I really appreciate everyones patience.

Now, if any of you have any ideas about how to get more members in the chat on a regular basis, please email me (stacey@renderosity.com ) I'm open to any and all suggestions to see what we can do to get members having fun and learning from each other.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2011 at 10:54 PM · edited Tue, 31 May 2011 at 10:58 PM

o.k., I tried it now and it works somewhat.  that's the main idea on how to get 'em in there - make it work and they will come.  right now it stops accepting keyboard input after typing a period, then it doesn't accept keyboard input again until re-clking "send" after msg appears in chat window.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.