Mon, Sep 30, 11:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: Can't Find Files

jjoyner ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2011 at 1:43 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 9:40 PM

file_469543.jpg

Hello,     I bought the Posable Laptop model several weeks ago and like it.  It comes with a short AVI Pose file that runs an animation on the laptop screen when rendered.  What I want to explore now is using a different movie file to display on the laptop screen.  The problem is that I cannot locate any of the acrionix files on my entire hard drive; I turned on Show hidden files and folders before searching.

When I rest the mouse cursor atop the ScreenMovie icon in the Poser library, a popup displays the location as C:Program Files (x86)Smith MicroPoser 8DownloadsRuntimelibrariesPoseacrionxScreenMovie.pz2; see attached scren capture).  Unfortunately, I cannot navigate beyond C:Program Files (x86)Smith MicroPoser 8Downloads because I have no runtime folder that begins with a capital R.  I have a runtime folder that begins with a lower-case R which contains a libraries folder that begins with a lower-case L, which contains a pose folder that begins with a lower-case P and it is empty.  I have encountered this problem before with other models; the figure, pose, prop, etc. appears in the library but the path (with the exact same text case for the folder names) only exist up to a point on my hard drive.  Since I cannot navigate to where the ScreenMovie movie file exists, I cannot substitute another file for it.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and know how to solve it?  Thanks.

Joe

icandy265 ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2011 at 4:15 PM

I used to get that problem all the time when I installed the product in the "Downloads" folder, I don't do that anymore. It stopped doing that when I started intalling the stuff in the original Runtime folder: efrontierPoser 7 Runtime....

(mine is Poser 7 and is in the efrontier folder so that may be why my isn't acting up, but I figure since that's happened before and installing the files in the other Runtime folder solved the problem for me, it may solve it for you... try installing the laptop in the other directory (Poser allows you to use both Directories at once)...

Hope it helps...

jjoyner ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2011 at 4:43 PM

file_469549.jpg

Hello.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it but, unfortunately, it did not solve the problem.  Now I have the figure installed in two directories (Runtime and Downloads) and I cannot navigate to either set of files.

JoEtzold ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2011 at 6:56 PM

Since Vista M$ is doing strange and mostly customer uncomfortable things in system directories ... shall help for security ...  But hidding files, prohibiting writing to files and such more is mostly a problem to application and normal user is blocked out. Ok, you can change a lot of system settings to avoid this but you need in deepth knowledge M$'s curious minds ...

Therefor my best advice to avoid such trouble: Don't use Program Files directories if not essential needed (normally no program is such extrem). Instead create a own directory parallel to Program Files, e.g. MySoftware or such and install all your program into that. M$ is not aware of users creating their own locations and therefor they will leave those directories alone ... no nasty silly thinghs happening and you should find all your stuff ... :-)

jjoyner ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2011 at 12:21 AM

Hello.  Thanks for the feedback and advice about creating an install directory separate from Program Files.  Unfortunately, I have hundreds of installs already to either Program Files (x86) or to Downloads.  Some files are hidden (and do not appear even when Show hidden files and folders is turned on) and some are not.

JoEtzold ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2011 at 10:48 PM

Yes, thats typical a problem with the administrative rights kin Windows. Stuff installed under Admin can't be seen by user or such problems. You should look in internet fora for the settings to be changed to overcome that. May be also here in the one or other thread such is named, mainly for vista and windows 7.

I can't helpwith those cause stayed on XP and have full admin rights cause I don't allow any software to have more rights than me ... :laugh:

jjoyner ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 7:49 AM

I will look for a soution in the near future.  How easy it will be to find or to implement will be another story.  Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.