Wed, Sep 18, 4:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Photography Forum Challenge - June 2011 - "BLUE"

Meisiekind ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2011 at 8:44 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 9:05 AM

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

costapanos ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2011 at 8:59 AM

file_469476.jpg

Great challenge Carin!

In Xanadu did Kublai Khan a pleasuredome erect

Meisiekind ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2011 at 10:07 AM

Awww Costa! What a terrific kick-off for this months challenge! I love it. I bet you took this image at that parade thingy you and PJ went to! Marvelous indeed.

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2011 at 10:17 AM

I think this one might be from Carnival...right, Costa?

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

costapanos ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2011 at 10:20 AM

Actually, took this image yesterday at one of the vendors stands at the Civic Center.  I was thinking about PJ though. Next parade thingy Im going to get here to wear one of these and Bellydance her to photography...:) 

Meisiekind ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2011 at 10:40 AM

Oh that would make a delightful image Costa! You go PJ!!!

Elliott Erwitt

Myel ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2011 at 10:58 AM

file_469482.jpg

According to Meisiekind, the last picture I uploaded in my gallery is suitable for the challenge of this month, so ...

Meisiekind ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2011 at 11:10 AM

Oh yes!!! I love it... Excellent shot for the challenge and a great job you have done capturing this!

Thank you for uploading this beauty!

Elliott Erwitt

Myel ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2011 at 11:21 AM

file_469484.jpg

Oups, I upload the wrong file, but it is still in blue... My last upload was this one:

Meisiekind ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2011 at 11:43 AM

They are both spectacular! Between you and Costa you have set the bar quite high for the rest of us!! :-)

Elliott Erwitt

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2011 at 12:48 PM

The second drop shot is my favorite. What a contrast in texure!

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

kgb224 ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2011 at 12:58 AM

Outstanding work by everyone.

Thank you Carin for the new challenge.

God Bless.

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2011 at 4:01 AM

file_469496.jpg

My first image. :-)

Elliott Erwitt

kgb224 ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2011 at 4:10 AM · edited Sat, 04 June 2011 at 4:11 AM

Just love those blue colored sea water Carin.

Superb photography.

kgb224 ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2011 at 4:19 AM · edited Sat, 04 June 2011 at 4:21 AM

file_469499.jpg

My 1st upload.

Blue flowers captureed in Jan Cilliers Park.

kgb224 ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2011 at 4:27 AM

file_469500.JPG

My 2nd for this challenge.

A police Helicopter descending towards the Police College Helicopter pad.

kgb224 ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2011 at 4:36 AM

file_469501.jpg

My 3d.

The Moon against a Blue sky captured from the Premises where the offices is situated where my wife is working.

Trust your day will be bright  blue and beautiful and that this 3 captures is  perfectly blue for this challenge and to everyones liking. God Bless.

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2011 at 5:15 AM

Marvelous uploads Christo.

Love the Plumbago with their sticky blue flowers.

The Police Helicopter is a great touch.

The sky with the huge 'day' moon is spectacular!

Elliott Erwitt

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2011 at 12:05 AM

Blue!  Okay ... I can probably do that.  I'll start looking around for blue things!  :D

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

kgb224 ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2011 at 12:08 AM

Quote - Blue!  Okay ... I can probably do that.  I'll start looking around for blue things!  :D

You will find Blue's somewhere. Good luck with the search.

God Bless.

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2011 at 6:21 AM

You go on your mighty search Tara! Looking forward to your BLUE uploads!

Elliott Erwitt

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2011 at 1:49 PM

file_469544.jpg

WOW Already alot of excellent stuff here, Here is my first:

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2011 at 1:51 PM

Oh Helle - I love this. The postwork is also top notch!

Can't wait for more!

Elliott Erwitt

costapanos ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2011 at 2:32 PM

file_469545.jpg

Took this last night going to dinner..She was begging to be photographed in her blue mink stole...

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2011 at 3:14 PM

Oh yeah.... Snazzy indeed! Well seen Costa and thanks for sharing this Madam with us!

:-)

Elliott Erwitt

kgb224 ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2011 at 12:06 AM

Stunning uploads Costa and Helanker.

wolfie ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2011 at 1:35 PM

file_469580.jpg

Took this over Mother's Day weekend at Boerner Botanical Gardens, Milwaukee, WI

Model : NIKON D7000
ExposureTime : 1/125Sec
FNumber : F18.0
ExposureProgram : Program Normal
ISOSpeedRatings : 250
Lens : Nikor 18.0-105.0 mm f/3.5-5.6

costapanos ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2011 at 1:42 PM

I really like what I see so far on everybodies "Blue" Challenge.  Excellent captures.

wolfie ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2011 at 1:55 PM · edited Mon, 06 June 2011 at 1:57 PM

file_469581.jpg

My 7yr old granddaughter snapped this with her Nikon D70 one evening when we stopped in for some custard after one of the 12yr old's baseball games.  She liked the blue sign in front of the storm looming in the distance.  While she was busy shooting this, we all were looking the other direction at the beautiful oranges of the sunset.  Sometimes it pays to look in the opposite direction as everyone else eh?

Model : NIKON D70
ExposureTime : 1/60Sec
FNumber : F4.5
ISOSpeedRatings : 400
ShutterSpeedValue : 1/60Sec
ApertureValue : F4.5
MaxApertureValue : F4.4
SubjectDistance : 2.37(m)
MeteringMode : Division
Flash : Fired(Auto/return light detected)
FocalLength : 70.00(mm)
Lens : 18.0-70.0 mm f/3.5-4.5

wolfie ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2011 at 2:37 PM

file_469584.jpg

And my last one.  This one both touches on the color blue but also the emotion.  This is Serena (age7) in for appendix surgery (2nd hospital stay).  She had simply had enough with the icky tasting medicine and was feeling down about having to take more.

She had just spent a week after the first hospital stay taking 2 different antibiotics (liquid) that were absolutely awful tasting.  Yes, I tried it so I would know what she was experiencing. 

Just before this photo, I had to give her a cup full of stuff in the hospital to "mellow her out" as the nurse called it.  It was a prequil for the surgery to relieve anxiaty of the IV and O2 mask.  This medicine tasted just as bad as what she spent a week chugging down 7 (3x and 4x two medicines) times a day.  She was not happy.

wolfie ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2011 at 3:46 PM

file_469586.jpg

I thought I would post this (NOT part of the contest).  The surgeon that did Serena's surgery always leavs a calling card after surgery.  Each one he does, he cuts a heart from the gauze.  He hand cuts it in the OR so every one is unique.  This one is over her belly button where one of the 3 incisions were made to remove her appendix.

Again, not part of the contest, it kinda goes with the prior photo.

kgb224 ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 1:35 AM

Outstanding work everyone. Wolfie glad your daughter is fine.

God Bless.

helanker ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 2:26 AM

Wolfie, that poor little girl. I do hope she will be well soon. Lovely shot though and a very pretty girl.

wolfie ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 9:51 AM

Hey folks!  Thanks for the thoughts.  She is my granddaughter btw :)  Yea, I am an active grandparent, very involved in their lives.

Anyway, she is all better now!  Her hospital stays were in Feb and early March and was back to school late March.

It started out with her having a tummy ache (not pain just upset tummy), a bit of congestion and a fever.  The symtoms made us think she had a bit of flu as one of her sisters had just gotten over one a week before Serena's.  She got better by a Friday and was back up and around, no fever just a little tired, typical for a flu.

So, I let her compete in a local rock climbing competition  on Saturday along with 2 of her sisters (all 3 placed in the top 30 of >200 of all ages).  It was clear she wasn't well yet,  She usually was a much better climber than she was on that Saturday and usually easily beats her older (she was 6 at this time) 10yr old sister and gives her 12yr old sister a hell if a run for her money.  She placed well below them, I thought it was still fatigue from being down with a flu.

This is her on Saturday (btw, she beat the guy in blue):

On Sunday, her temp returned and had climbed to 104.  A that point it was clear something was wrong.  We hauled her to Children's Hospital.  They did an ultrasound on her tummy and they admitted her immediately.  She had a badly infected perforated appendix.  She never complained of any tummy pain, even in the hospital she said it didn't hurt.

This is her one day later on Sunday

They took her to surgery and put in a drain tube and she spent 5 days in the hospital.  Then they sent her home with antibiotics to take for 2 weeks.  Seven times a day she had to choke down God awful tasting medicine.  We mixed it with yogurt, milk, fruit juice and I even mixed it with jelly and put it on peanunt butter sandwiches.  Nothing hid it.

Then she had to go in and actually have the surgery to remove the appendix after the infection was under control.  That is when I took the photo I posted in the contest.  She was back in the hospital for the 2nd time and knew she was going in for surgery, and possibly more icky medicine.

So, thats the history behind the photo and the emotion she was expressing.

She is much better now.  Completely healed up.  I (and her) was worried that her belly button was going to go from an "innie" to an "outie" and be hard and poofy because of the surgery (an incision was made inside it) but its back to its cute self and doesn't bother her any more.

This is her this past mother's day.  As you can see, all better:

helanker ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 10:44 AM

file_469606.jpg

Wolfie! I am glad she is well again.

Happened to me too, Went to hospital with infected appendix and was sent home after 4 days and after 6 years with hurting stomage I suddently got really sick. The symptoms were not very clear,  but at last they found out it was the appendizx again. Then they took it away.

Here is my second blue :)

Helle

tofi ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 6:48 PM

file_469619.jpg

Sort of like my mood at the moment:(

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

kgb224 ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2011 at 2:10 AM

Outstanding work everyone.

Tofi may this be a bright blue day.

God Bless.

dochtersions ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2011 at 4:55 AM

Amazing, this 'BLUE' challange.

Allready with stunning-beautiful results to admire in it.
Just GREAT ones.

Love it!

Greetings,
Mies.

micturn ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2011 at 2:14 AM

Great work all, I must get hunting.

helanker ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2011 at 8:34 AM · edited Fri, 10 June 2011 at 8:35 AM

file_469704.jpg

Dana this is lovely. Hope you are feeling much beter today.

Her is  my last post. The sad left overs from the Roe deers predation on my Geranium blooms. But the Pot is as blue as can be, Right? Dont look at the frisbee. :)

Helle

BobKemper ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2011 at 2:01 PM

file_469712.jpg

I had the camera with me while a few of us went for an after lunch walk today. This caught my eye as a good post for the forum this month.

emmecielle ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2011 at 3:57 PM

file_469714.jpg

I know... is not Christmas! But I found this blue rose that is part of a Christmas composition...  I think it fits for the challenge! :-)

Congratulations to all for the beautiful pictures posted!

costapanos ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2011 at 9:23 PM

file_469720.jpg

Great work everyone. some really stunning work here. Carin a big "Thank You" for this months challenge. Everywhere I turn there is  blue! 

As seen at Sak's 5th Ave.

kgb224 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 8:07 AM

Congratulations everyone with such blue gems.

God Bless.

emmecielle ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 4:15 PM

My second image... A dive where the water is bluer! ;-)

Have a great weekend! :-)

emmecielle ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 4:17 PM

Quote -  

My second image... A dive where the water is bluer! ;-)

Have a great weekend! :-)

Why do not you see my photo?

emmecielle ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 4:19 PM

file_469759.jpg

I try to insert the picture again ...

BikerGraphicArtist ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 1:31 AM

file_469781.jpg

Some great Blue Photos already in here!

I thought of what I had that was particularly blue, and a recent air show came to mind. The Blue Angels screaming through the blue sky. Doesn't get much more blue than that.

In this picture they were just forming up and flying in formation to go to the end of the airport to start their show. About 500 ft overhead.

Enjoy!

BikerGraphicArtist ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 1:35 AM

file_469782.jpg

Another Blue Angels picture.

This time the plane was on a "tail on fire" screaming run down the flightline at <50ft off the ground. 

A great show as always.

Again, Enjoy!

BobKemper ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 9:44 AM

file_469788.jpg

Once upon a time the building behind this was a barracks for US soldiers on Husterhöh Kaserne in Pirmasens, Germany. Most of the Kaserne was returned to the German government years ago.

This was added sometime later.

-Jordi- ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 12:45 PM

All great entries here!

Here's mine:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.