Mon, Oct 7, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Old Bryce Related e-mail :)

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2011 at 8:27 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 7:35 AM

Was going through my e-mail archives and I found these.

Welcome to the Bryce 4 Beta Team

Here is all the info you need to log in

Web site: http://parasite.metacreations.com

there you should be able to go to the Bryce Area in which you can:

• download the latest beta build (bryce 4.0.0.4)
  • download BryceTalk 1.0.  This will let you chat with other testers and

will be part of Bryce 4.(access to use brycetalk needs to be done by
another department so it might take a few days....just check it
everyday)

• access the External Bug Database in which you can enter bugs and view
    other bugs entered
  • access the beta newsgroup ( here you can post messages and converse
    with other testers)

Builds on the site have passwords to uncompress them........

check it out and let me know if you have any problems or questions

Thank You

Software Quality Assurance
MetaCreations Corp.
===========================================================

[Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999]==========================================

<>
Hello

If you downloaded build 4.0.0.12 on the PC, brycetalk.exe and bryce4.exe
have a virus :(

Please run a virus check program on your machine to clean your machine.
If you don't own an anti-virus, you can download one from
http://download.mcafee.com/

I apologize for this,

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:32:27 -0800

Subject: GM shipped

<>

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that we shipped the GM of Bryce 4 on Monday the
22nd.  Customers who purchased it should be receiving it next week.
CompUSA is getting their shipment on Monday.

I want to thank you all for your contribution to this beta.  It's truly
been an entertaining, hectic at times, frustrating at times, but overall
great cycle.  Please continue to look at the last build we placed up on
the site and continue to enter bugs.  The next beta build will probably
be showing within 20 days from now.

Everyone who contributed to this beta process will be getting an NFR
copy of Bryce 4 in the next few weeks.  Everyone else will either have
to contact the Product Manager or Public Relations to get an NFR copy.
I will be emailing you next week if you're entitled to a copy from
quality assurance  :)

Again, thank you very much

Hello Rafi

Welcome to the Bryce 4 Beta Team

Here is all the info you need to log in

Web site: http://parasite.metacreations.com

username: rkharman

password: 45scarb

there you should be able to go to the Bryce Area in which you can:

• download the latest beta build (bryce 4.0.0.4)

• download BryceTalk 1.0.  This will let you chat with other testers and

will be part of Bryce 4.(access to use brycetalk needs to be done by

another department so it might take a few days....just check it

everyday)

• access the External Bug Database in which you can enter bugs and view

other bugs entered

• access the beta newsgroup ( here you can post messages and converse

with other testers)

Builds on the site have passwords to uncompress them........

The password is: stelladoro8

check it out and let me know if you have any problems or questions

Thank You

tom271 ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2011 at 11:29 PM

Wow!   I did not know Bryce 4.0.0.4 is out....  :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hubert ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 4:24 AM

Cool! :)

Those were great times in days of yore!! :)

I have never been Bryce betatester, though would have participated if invited then.

Am nowadays still working with my good old reliable Bryce 4 from Metacreations (4.0.1.29 from Sep. 1999)!! That due to various reasons. Whereas I have the newer versions 5 to 7 installed, but only for occasional feature-testing and checking for possible Freestuff-compatibility issues. ;)

Always be Nice to Bryce. :)
Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 6:41 AM

Hubert??? Have you sorta stayed stuck in the pst?? You still work with bryce 4?' Woody doesn´t grump?

Analog? A virus????????

airflamesred ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 8:03 AM

Those were the days.

I still use B4 occasionally - its fast

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 9:33 AM · edited Tue, 07 June 2011 at 9:40 AM

That's the period where I stopped using Bryce due to lack of response to my requests for help from meta-asholes...they almost ruined Bryce for me and I didn't get back till DAZ took over...thanks very much DAZ btw.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

dyret ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 10:19 AM

What? someone actually saying something NICE about DAZ? wow and wow again! :lol:

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 10:46 AM

They have done a wonderful job bringing Bryce 7 up to speed...KUDOs to them for that 4 sure.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 7:07 PM

I did a review of Bryce 3D for an online magazine and through there, I got invited to help out. Now this was all before Daz, they were still MetaCreations. If You notice, I left out any e-mail addresses or names, in the event someone didnt like me posting this. I figure some of you might find the info interesting.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2011 at 7:08 PM

Quote - Analog? A virus????????** **

Yup one of the builds had accidentally been infected. :)

Navim ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2011 at 4:31 PM

Back with a computer at last. Last one died years ago and I have not been financially able to replace it. Tried to install my old Bryce 3D cd. New computer wouldn't have anything to do with it. Did find my infinite plane mats though.

Tried to install Bantam3D Grass program which I paid for on the new machine. Says the serial number is invalid and Bantam is nowhere to be found.

DL'd Bryce 7 PLE freebie from Dazzo and it is a bit buggy and not the horse type. Still have to sign in twice over there. It was like that over 3 years ago and they still haven't fixed it. Big pain in the bumm that is.

Have lost most of the content purchased over the years. At least renderosity still has my account records and they are active so I can re-load my stuff. Can't say that for some of the other sites that are still around, R**A......... Fortunately all of my Commune purchases were on DVD.

Some things never change.

clay ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 1:25 PM

We're pushing the idea of getting the Bryce Talk chat client reimplemented, that would super cool!

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Navim ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 3:09 PM

Bryce talk would be great. So much appears to have been lost in the last 3 or 4 years. Seems like when Peter Sharpe's site closed that signalled armageddon for Bryce. I am certainly not seeing anymore of the extraodinary talent that was displayed when Commune still ran competitions. Not that I was great shakes by any means.

clay ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 3:13 PM

Brycetalk was dropped because Metacreations was "at the time" was paying like 10,000 dollars a month to a company to house it on their server. Nowadays a laptop could run it LOL!!!

Navim ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 3:23 PM

With the amount of money Meta was bringing in that was probably not much. Once Kai got the shaft it signalled major disruption in the karma in Carpinteria. Guess we all knew it but didn't want to accept the change. Free enterprise is fine in moderation but when the only purpose for it is more income then culture usually ends up the loser.

Is that Clay as in Hagebusch?

See Bill Ellsworth is on Twitter. No art, just some daily phiosophy.

clay ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 3:24 PM

Yuppers it sure is me:-)

Navim ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 3:41 PM

Good to know some of the old timers are still around. Think I am currently using a couple of your old terrain mats from 3DC. Been going through old files, upgrading to vers 7 and adding some things that I did not have the processing power to do when they were originated back in vers 4 and 5. So once I get moving and thin my over 100 gigs of chaos out perhaps I will be able to post some stuff. Perhaps some "new" art will generate some enthusiastic new brycers????

In the meantime I have my other interests, gold cup racers and classic runabouts with a couple of modeling groups for them on yahoo groups. Can't sit behind a monitor all day. Got ducks to chase!

Cheers

clay ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 3:47 PM

HAHA, I know the feeling. I'm still beta testing Bryce, have since v.4 now I'm on Daz's steering committee with a lot of us old timers but we managed to get Bryce pro 7.1 out and are starting a new cycle of mainly bug fixes so hopefully soon it'll be the best release yet.

Navim ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 4:36 PM

Good to know. Why is it when I dally on the edit field at the top that I am suddenly presented with a twin window slightly smaller that the one I am working in that is smack dab in the middle of the page? Move your cursor up there and hold it for more than a micro second and whammy! The frame leaves enough of the edit field exposed that I can generally click on and get back to the main window but it is a bit disconcerting.

Running an HP pavilion p6703w with updated drivers, 5 gigs of ram on a quad and mega gigs of storage with win 7.

Now if I can just get any version of DS or Poser 7 to find all of my content I will no doubt experience an epiphany of sorts.

On another note, one of the Daz marketing directors emailed me the other day and wanted to know why I had quit purchasing the product. Hmmmmm, how about downsized after 24 years, income cut in half, add a couple of angioplasties and a double bypass. He was quite nice about it though, LOL!

Cheers

clay ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 4:50 PM

In Bryce? and what version of Bryce if so.

clay ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 4:53 PM

Ahh I see what you're saying, yes this is a know issue, it does it with the attributes window too, hopefully that will be in the next round of fixes, its very annoying.

clay ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 5:26 PM

BTW you can hit me on yahoo msgr: claygraphics2001

Navim ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 5:53 PM

Quote - BTW you can hit me on yahoo msgr: claygraphics2001

Thats cool. I see you already knew about the double window stuff. That is the only big problem I've run into on the vers 7PLE. Though I am not in the pro ranks for sure. Have never done an animation for example. Just did not need it. Got the S. Kitchens bible if I need to ref something. Currently have 6 images up on elfwood under Mivan. May go somewhere else since they seem to be about as buggy as you can get; and I am a cash supporter! You can email me at Mivangallery@gmail.com. Don't have a msgr. Lets see if I can get something posted up here within the next 24 hours or so.

Gotta run now. Roast beef is calling!

Cheers

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.