Mon, Oct 7, 9:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Setting up new PC today.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 9:31 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 9:24 AM

I posted a few weeks ago that I purchased a PC for myself and the wife.  I finally have the chance to set it up.

Now I have a few a couple of questions.

Question 1: Should I bother installing Bryce 5.5? Or should I install the latest.

Question 2: anyone know if 64-Bit of BryceLightning will work with 32-Bit Bryce lightning?

Because if I put 64-bit on my new machine.  My older machines which I can use for Render Farm will be 32-Bit.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 12:27 PM
Forum Moderator

In reply to your first question, I have 5.5, 6.3 & 7.1 on my pc. While there are good things about 6&7, 5.5 is better at handling big files.

As for the rest, I have no idea. Too techy for me.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 1:19 PM

Thanks for the response Bryster.  That confirms what I was thinking.

I like 5.5 for some reason its my favourite version of Bryce.

In regards to the Bryce Lightning thing, I'm going to go ahead with the 64-Bit install of Windows 7 on the main machine.

I have upgraded my previous Pentium III systems to Pentium 4 systems for the render farm.

Since I'm weak when it comes to Bryce and my strength is more with getting machines running and such.  I'd like to revisit the idea of donating CPU Time for those who need to have a big render done.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 2:06 PM

I've been using Win 64 XP and have not trouble with B5, 6.3, and BuggyBryce7.  I feel sure lightning would be compatible but doesn't take advantage of 64bit.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 3:54 PM

I thought there was a 64Bit version of Bryce, I guess because the file downloads have the word 32bit in them implies there is a 64bit version.

I'll have to find my Bryce 5.5 archive, it install since it has been removed from the cnet download site.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 4:19 PM

5.5 should be at DAZ, shouldn't it...I think that's where I got it after my burglary.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 6:17 PM

Ok I found my Bryce 5.5 its 128MB the one on Daz Site is 24MB.

Also I'm very confused about the Content for Bryce 7.

I have Bryce Content

7.0.0.13 Installer 478mb

7.0.0.21 Installer 686mb

Pro Content 7.0.0.13 17MB

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 8:16 PM

Word of caution about those *!!!%$#@ content installer. Make a back up of the older versions content somewhere (WAY WAY WAY away) from the newer version. Install the newer version  in a safe folder away from the older content. Afterwards, make  new folders, name it or them Brycex.xx (x.xx is the version number of the older content) and copy the older version content in there. Keep the back up of the back up of the older content safe.

Can you tell what kind of experience I had had with this :cursing: *!!!%$#@ content installer???

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 9:51 PM

If I remember correctly all the content is in that pro content file.

ditto what ThunderS. said.  I always copy my content to another folder away from Bryce.  Then I install the new stuff.  Next I compare the two and build up the old content folder with any new stuff that has been added.  Finallly I copy/paste the old (but updated) folder back into Bryce.  That way I don't lose anything in the transition.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2011 at 5:13 PM

The Pro Content is only 17mb but the Regular Bryce 7 content is 686MB.  Am I missing something here?

@ThunderStone:  I made sure to install each Bryce and content in its own folder.  So I named the install folders  Bryce 5.5 / Bryce 6.3 / Bryce 7Pro

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2011 at 6:23 PM

No you're not missing anything... They use the already existing Bryce content and give you new content and the fab Brinnen stuff. Wooo hooo :woot:

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.