Fri, Sep 20, 10:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Does Poser Debut have a setup room like poser 5-7 ?

NightmareHero ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2011 at 8:26 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:36 AM

Hello, I have recently bought Poser 8, and the only thing that I was dissatisfied with regarding the product was that the setup room was not intuitive/layman in terms of being easily understood by a child. With Poser 7 and below, I could insert a pre-existing skeleton into an obj figure, even one that I have made myself, and just re-arrange the joint setup accordingly, now I have no idea how to input a skeleton nor do I see an option for inputing the cr2 rigging information of a pre-exisiting figure in Poser 8. As It stands I have Poser 7 installed on my new computer to circumvent this drawback. My question is does the simplified version of Poser, called Poser Debut sold for $50.00, come with a setup room that is similar in apperance to Poser 7-5 in functionality, and most importantly of all, does it allow for the importation of a character rigging from the character room into the setup room? do any of you have screenshots of this program that you would be willing to share with me or have you used this program at all?

Thanks.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2011 at 9:43 AM · edited Fri, 17 June 2011 at 9:44 AM

I thought while in setup, figure loading changes to skeleton loading. You just load some other figure from the library, and its skeleton is retrieved.

I just tried it with Andy in Pose room, switched to Setup room, then loaded Creech - did not get Creech, but did get his skeleton.

Also verified this is in the manual. Did you ever read the manual? No offense meant by the question, just trying to understand why this was not clear.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2011 at 9:48 AM

The Poser 8 set up room functions pretty much the same way as all previous versions. A double click on a figure library thumbnail will apply that rigging to the model.

If you could please tell us what particular difficulty you are having we can go from there.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2011 at 10:08 AM

Quote - Hello, I have recently bought Poser 8, and the only thing that I was dissatisfied with regarding the product was that the setup room was not intuitive/layman in terms of being easily understood by a child. With Poser 7 and below, I could insert a pre-existing skeleton into an obj figure, even one that I have made myself, and just re-arrange the joint setup accordingly, now I have no idea how to input a skeleton nor do I see an option for inputing the cr2 rigging information of a pre-exisiting figure in Poser 8. As It stands I have Poser 7 installed on my new computer to circumvent this drawback. My question is does the simplified version of Poser, called Poser Debut sold for $50.00, come with a setup room that is similar in apperance to Poser 7-5 in functionality, and most importantly of all, does it allow for the importation of a character rigging from the character room into the setup room? do any of you have screenshots of this program that you would be willing to share with me or have you used this program at all?

Thanks.

No, it doesn't.  This link shows the differences between Poser Debut, Poser 8 & Poser2010:

http://poser.smithmicro.com/poser-debut/#Compare

If you want rigging, you need Poser 8 or Poser 2010.  I would recommend Poser 2010.  I couldn't live without background rendering.

NightmareHero ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2011 at 12:05 PM · edited Fri, 17 June 2011 at 12:08 PM

I don't see an option anywhere to display the figure library. I've tried looking but I don't see it. Usually in Poser 7-5 there was a tab on the right most side to open up a slider window to display the figure room and all the characters therein, but I don't see any tab nor where to input the figure skeleton by clicking on a thumbnail of the figure

NightmareHero ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2011 at 12:12 PM

Never mind, but default I had to open up the libraries window from the windows menu to get the figures to show up, never mind, Sorry for the hastle, I love the program because that was my only real complaint. Thanks anyway.

willyb53 ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2011 at 10:24 AM

Ctrl-Shift-B is your friend for the library display in P7 and P8 at least.  I float the library and once i have everything loaded remove it for screen space.

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

icprncss2 ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2011 at 7:09 PM

Poser Debut does not have the set up room, material room, hair or face room or cloth room or Python scripting.

You have the Pose room and a surfaces palette.  The surfaces palette does have a couple of python scripts such as volumetrics.  Other than that the Python module or whatever you want to call it is locked.  You cannot add an third party plugins or scripts.

Debut will accept lights created up through P8 with no problem but there have been issues with Pro 2010 lighting.

It can use the P8 rigging.

The render settings are what you find in the automated tab of Firefly renderer. 

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2011 at 9:29 PM

Quote - Poser Debut does not have the set up room, material room, hair or face room or cloth room or Python scripting.

You have the Pose room and a surfaces palette.  The surfaces palette does have a couple of python scripts such as volumetrics.  Other than that the Python module or whatever you want to call it is locked.  You cannot add an third party plugins or scripts.

Debut will accept lights created up through P8 with no problem but there have been issues with Pro 2010 lighting.

It can use the P8 rigging.

The render settings are what you find in the automated tab of Firefly renderer. 

Hmmm... I think I'd rather just buy Poser 7 on ebay or Amazon.com.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.