Sat, Sep 21, 3:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Gallery display problem

mazzam ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2011 at 6:04 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:38 PM

The advertising  banner hangs down in front of images that are displayed full size. This is a recent development. It happens with both Firefox and Safari. This is extremely annoying and it makes me want to do nasty things to the advertisers, not patronize them. From the little I know about CSS, it would seem that the layer priority for the banner has been set higher than the image.

I see from other threads that a similar problem affects the forum pages. The same 'feature' might be responsible for both problems.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2011 at 7:29 PM

It is the same problem. Have you read the threads for the fix?  You likely have a custom CSS script in the CSS Style box in your gallery options.  You need to go to your gallery and click on "My gallery options" and delete the CSS Scripting in the CSS Style box.  Then save your changes.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

mazzam ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2011 at 7:08 AM

Nice idea but wrong. My custom CSS style box is empty. Back to  the format gurus, please.

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2011 at 12:08 PM

Can't help much without seeing a screen shot of the problem.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2011 at 2:34 PM

Mazzam, try going into your gallery options, and checking "Display images resized to fit my browser window regardless of artist preference" and see if that fixes it.

~Jani

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2011 at 2:52 PM

CSS is not the problem! I don't have any CSS scripts. This problem only happened recently. I have always had my options set to open all in large size. Renderosity caused the problem so they should fix it! I am so upset that I don't even go to the gallery anymore.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2011 at 3:27 PM

They 'are' working on it PilotHigh..but this is a work around until its fixed. Might not work for everyone, but it has worked for some.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2011 at 4:30 PM

Just throwing this out.

What about going to the gallery options and pasting the following into your CSS Style box and saving the options? It might fix it.   If it doesn't, you can always just delete the text again and resave the changes.

table { width: 100%; }
.content_cell { background-image: none; min-width: 98% !important; }
#topnavbar td table { width: 120; }
#topnavbar td { background-position: center center; }

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2011 at 4:36 PM

Quote - Just throwing this out.

What about going to the gallery options and pasting the following into your CSS Style box and saving the options? It might fix it.   If it doesn't, you can always just delete the text again and resave the changes.

Thanks Acadia, I did try the script. It works for some pics but not all. I'm OK for the time being until it gets fixed.

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2011 at 6:11 PM · edited Sun, 19 June 2011 at 6:13 PM

Quote - CSS is not the problem! I don't have any CSS scripts.

If your user CSS is empty, that confirms that it's the default layout that's the problem.  

Quote - This problem only happened recently.

Same with the forums, some layout change that was made broke things.  

Quote - I have always had my options set to open all in large size. Renderosity caused the problem so they should fix it!

The recent layout changes include fixing the size of HTML elements in such a way as to make the layout broken by design with that option set, due to the table and cell sizing specified in the HTML.  

Quote - ... until it gets fixed.

I definitely wouldn't hold your breath 😉

lookoo ( ) posted Mon, 20 June 2011 at 5:36 AM

Quote - Just throwing this out.

I have tried that, too. Hasn't made the pesky side baners disappear thogh  from the picture displays. I have Firefox and the problem popped up without me having changed anything.

Very annoying. I would expect a professional commercial portal to fix this glitch.

mazzam ( ) posted Mon, 20 June 2011 at 9:59 AM

file_470049.jpg

CSS fix doesn't solve the problem. I am attaching a screen snap (resized)

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 20 June 2011 at 10:49 AM

It's the gallery options that you need to change. Go to MY GALLERY OPTIONS and make sure the box is checked to Display images resized to fit my browser window regardless of artist preference and then save those changes. That will fix the gallery image display problem

Thanks

Stacey

lookoo ( ) posted Mon, 20 June 2011 at 12:02 PM · edited Mon, 20 June 2011 at 12:02 PM

file_470051.jpg

Stacey,

thanks for the tip. Unfortunately that doesn't actually deliver what it promises, at least not with firefox.

It deliveres not an image that fits the screen but just a version that is much smaller. So, you don't have those sidebar elements running across the image any more but only because the image is now too small for this to happen. If you want to view it in full size you still have to click on it, then another window pops up which you have to maximize. For me that's the same as before, the difference is only that I don't see the full size version with icons running across it before I click and enlarge a new window.

I always view full size when browsing galleries. I want to enjoy an image in its full resolution without much ado and appreciate the work of someone else (and my own , chuckle) in all it's detail. Presently I can't do that any more.

It's not the end of the world but it is cumbersome and not really fun while browsing... I am sure it's the same for tens of thousands of other firefox users who simply can't be bothered to get on your nerves with this and quietly grumble while clicking along...

Thanks

Sven

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 20 June 2011 at 1:20 PM

The following CSS should hide the righthand menu strip on gallery pages :-

.outside_table { width: 100% !important; }<br></br>.outer_content_cell { width: 100% !important; }<br></br>.content_table { width: 100% !important; }<br></br>.outside_nav2_cell { min-width: 0 !important; max-width: 0 !important; overflow: hidden; }<br></br>.content_cell { background-image: none; width: 100% !important; }

I think that's the best that's possible at the moment.
Still a little untidy looking, but at least the image isn't partialy hidden, and the whole width of the browser window is used.

lookoo ( ) posted Mon, 20 June 2011 at 3:31 PM

Quote - The following CSS should hide the righthand menu strip on gallery pages :- .outside_table { width: 100% !important; }
.outer_content_cell { width: 100% !important; }
.content_table { width: 100% !important; }
.outside_nav2_cell { min-width: 0 !important; max-width: 0 !important; overflow: hidden; }
.content_cell { background-image: none; width: 100% !important; }

I think that's the best that's possible at the moment.
Still a little untidy looking, but at least the image isn't partialy hidden, and the whole width of the browser window is used.

I don't care if it looks slightly untidy,

IT WORKS!

That's all that matters to me now, thank you very, very much!

shouting out to everyone

"Use the one above and you can see your images full size again!"

Thanks again!

Sven

rebelmommy ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 11:31 AM

I too would like to have my gallery show the way it used to.  I never had a problem with my CSS before so I know that is not a problem.  This is something renderosity messed up.  Could you please look into fixing it?  It is highly annoying!

Renderosity's "problem Child"
Support Hydrocephalus research.. because a Shunt is NOT a cure!

lookoo ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 11:35 AM

rebelmommy, nruddock posted the solution above, gives you back the instant full size view if you click full size view as well in gallery options.

rebelmommy ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 12:39 PM

Yes I saw and am glad that a work around exsists, but still I should not have to fix something I didn't break..LOL

rebelmommy ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 12:41 PM

When I put that fix in it shoves everything over to the right of my screen.. ewwww.. I'll deal with the menu bar running through the center of images :D

PilotHigh ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 3:21 PM

Hey they removed the gallery options at least in Firefox for me!! You can't open pictures in large format any more. Does anyone still have their options?

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 4:07 PM

No we took the options out since really the zoom is the same thing.. We have some exciting changes coming so just bear with us as we work toward them:)

PilotHigh ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 4:15 PM

I'm sorry StaceyG it's not the same thing. That's 2 extra clicks for each gallery picture. And most of the time I go thru 40 or 50 pictures in the galleries - that's an awful lot of extra clicks!

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 5:44 PM

facepalm

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 6:38 PM

As I said above, we have some exciting plans in the works so please bear with us as we work toward those

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 7:37 PM

Quote - As I said above, we have some exciting plans in the works so please bear with us as we work toward those

For some reason this statement instills a certain amount of apprehension. I'm pretty sure though, that there'll be some entertainment to be had from when whatever it is emerges into the light of day.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 8:52 PM

:)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 9:45 PM

maybe they're gonna switch it to flash galleries so nobody can steal our pix as easily?

mazzam ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 8:38 AM

As long as it is platform independent standards compliant and is tested so it works with Unix and Mac versions of Firefox exactly as it works with IE, it should be fine.

Keith ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2011 at 10:37 AM

And as long as people doing this realize that some of us actually have large monitors. The whole reason I viewed images full size by default is because otherwise half of my monitor is doing absolutely nothing.

rebelmommy ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2011 at 10:42 AM

Quote - And as long as people doing this realize that some of us actually have large monitors. The whole reason I viewed images full size by default is because otherwise half of my monitor is doing absolutely nothing.

I agree with this completly.  That is the exact reason I view full sie as well!

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2011 at 12:05 PM

Quote - And as long as people doing this realize that some of us actually have large monitors. The whole reason I viewed images full size by default is because otherwise half of my monitor is doing absolutely nothing.

And also because pop-up windows are really annoying, unnecessary, and untidy now all but really old browsers can do tabs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.