Sun, Sep 22, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: how to make a nice signature?

p3t2 ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 11:46 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:23 PM

hi folks,

I have been thinking about making my own signature on the images I create.

what do I need, like anything, to achieve that?

any tips?

thank you very much.

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 11:56 PM · edited Thu, 23 June 2011 at 11:58 PM

You could make a small graphic image.

You could pick a font, create your signature and use that consistently.

You could do both as above.

You could get a marker, create a signature ( I mean actually sign your signature), scan it, save it as a graphic and then apply to your image. The marker is bigger than ball-point pens and allows for color changes and effects.

I have a graphic that I made and apply to images when I post images of characters I made up. I also have a font selected and just change the year (2010, 2011, 2012 for next year) all it says is (C) Derek L. Furman 20xx. With the graphic (as with the font), you can scale it, change the opacity, etc.

It all depends on how you want your signature to look.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Nyghtfall ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 12:04 AM

I load the render in Photoshop Elements and use its text editor.  My user name looks really cool with the Caligraph font in bold italics.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 3:12 AM

Here are the signature dimensions for the forum:

For the image galleries, the maximum sizes are 4096x4096 / 512 KB   [524288bytes]

For the writers gallery, the maximum sizes are 450x450 / 512 KB

Thumbnails: 200x200 / 15 KB   [15360bytes]

The maximum avatar size is mentioned in the Edit My Profile page: 100x130 / 25 KB

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 4:01 AM

(Sheesh - twelve years later and still no avatar.)   Acadia, is your animated kitty avatar just a .gif?

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 4:06 AM

Yes.  A simple .gif. That's the extent of my animation ability!  LOL

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 4:19 AM · edited Fri, 24 June 2011 at 4:20 AM

And an elegant example.  Thank-you.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 8:56 AM

I have a marble stamp a friend had made for me when he was in Korea last year.  I keep meaning to scan a print from it and use that for my sig.  May even alternate with a scan of my real sig, just to ring the changes a little.

Other than that, my products, freestuff and pics use Square 721 Bold Extended aka Microgramma Bold Extended aka Eurostyle, which is a kind of sig/logo, since it's been associated with me since I joined the site.  Hey, I started using that font before it became fashionable.

In any case, IMO a signature is only an identification mark.  An image should stand or fall on its own merits, regardless of frame, border or signature.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

p3t2 ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 11:25 AM

I have a stamp with some really nice images and symbles.

I think I can scan it but what program I need to apply to my image?

some tips?

thx!

ypvs ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 11:31 AM

file_470168.jpg

My sig is white on a black background so I can use it as a layer in PaintShop Pro, move it, screen it and then use 70% transparency. Can be enlarged and use a lower %transparency to watermark an image. An alternative is black on white then multiply the layer and set the transparency.

Photo of Cambridgeshire Fens at 9.30pm last night

Poser 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,  16Gb RAM, 250Gb + 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

p3t2 ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 11:55 AM

Any free program can do this effect?

thx

icprncss2 ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 9:56 PM

GIMP is a free image editor that supports layers and will be able to do this without a problem.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 1:08 AM

file_470190.jpg

I want to know where artists learn to make really beautiful had written signatures. Mine looks like crap!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 8:48 AM

Nobody has thought to point out that you can render the image with your signature built in? Make a prop.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 10:22 AM · edited Sat, 25 June 2011 at 10:24 AM

Quote - I want to know where artists learn to make really beautiful had written signatures. Mine looks like crap!

Practice, practice, practice.

My handwriting is - even though I say so myself - very nice to look and easy to read.  I did it by working hard on my lettering, day in, day out.  I didn't like my basic style so I changed it to something I thought was pleasing to look at.  As coincidence would have it, my caps style is very similar to comic book lettering, which is useful if I ever have to hand letter stuff.

My cursive style is anything but cursive; I hate the big pot hooks they teach at school.  Consequently, there are very few loops in my letters.  I'll have to get my scanner rigged up and post some samples.

Your basic sig ain't too bad, apart from the drooping towards the end.  That makes it look really untidy.  Get rid of that and smarten up some of the letter shapes and you'll have a cracking sig.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.