Tue, Oct 1, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: adMan, a free male figure for Poser W.I.P.

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 7:16 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 2:06 PM

Hi, I open this thread to show the progress of this male figure for Poser I am working.

The figure has been modeled in Wings3d.

I am focused on making the  morphs now, for the Head and the body.

Opinions are welcome.

The texture you can see in the renders is the "white man with hair " texture, in the head you can see the "two-day beard" texture.

A render from front:

and other from back:

More updates soon.

Alejandro.

adh3d website

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 7:23 PM

Wow that looks amazing!  HIs feet and tendons look very real (and nothing like another figures feet I might add hehe)

I wonder if his thorax is a bit short in the Y direction compared to his pelvis. I think if you lengthened it though you would have to lengthen his lower limbs too just a bit.

Gosh you are clever!!!!!!  

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 7:29 PM

Hi estherau, yes could be, perhaps  the pose contributes to it,  anyway, I have in mind to make some morphs to change the sape of the chest, abdomen ...

adh3d website

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 7:34 PM

I am sure before you built him you went and looked at references for human proportions.

Don't forget though that us lot have spent years just staring at daz figures.  So maybe proportion him a little towards that scale so he looks right to us.

the pose may be contributing.

Love esther

dlfurman ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 8:03 PM

Looks good!

Great in fact!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 8:35 PM

I like the definition of his quad (thigh muscles).  Something about the tendinous intersections of his rectus abdominus muscles doesn't look quite right to me (sort of beetle like) - maybe they're a bit too straight or something.

Love esther

icprncss2 ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 9:34 PM

I'd be interested in an arms down, standing pose to see how the arms/axilla look.  I have you horse and would buy this model just on the strength of that model.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 1:15 AM

Will he have his own toast?

shuy ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 4:32 AM

Looks interesting. Could you show him in T-pose. It is hard to see legs and arms lenght with this renders. Arms looks too short, but it can be caused by lack of perspective in render.

I do not know if you bend his knees or this is "zero" pose. It can be good solution, as well as arms bend down (like 3d little one).

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 6:09 AM · edited Sat, 25 June 2011 at 6:12 AM

Hi, icprncss2, I have to say, I don't say in the first post, this figure will be a free figure.

This is the figure in the zero pose and without any body morphs:

And this the figure just with the arms down pose:

adh3d website

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 7:42 AM

Women would fight for a man like that.. :-)
Great job.

Four constructive remarks:

1. Check your references, it can be that the eyes are a bit too close to each other
  2. The bulge on the shoulders needs to be reduced a little.
  3. The muscles on the abdomen look a bit too artificial.
  4. The muscle crease just above the knee seems to be overdone a bit.

Hey, VERY good job on the rigging so far..

V E R Y nice work.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

TheOwl ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 9:59 AM

Wow. Can you show us the mesh?

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 10:24 AM · edited Sat, 25 June 2011 at 10:35 AM

Vilters, about the eyes it is not a problem because there will be morphs to locate the eyes, and the other things, I take note.

The figure has 35789 polys.

TheOwl, here you have a wings3d capture of the mesh.

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 10:32 AM

Some renders of the FBM I have till now:

The "fat" one:

the "sedentary" one:

The "thin" one :

The "muscular" one:

adh3d website

Believable3D ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 11:15 AM

The eyes aren't a problem anyway - people differ, and that's well within the range of normality.

I'd be more concerned about areas that are difficult to alter with morphing. For example, the rib cage-abdomen transition seems overly defined in pretty much all the morphs as well as the original figure.

Overall, though, this looks like amazing work. Very good stuff.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

shuy ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 6:10 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Eyes positions, arms/legs lenght etc are not a problem.

Look here and find average proportions. Average people do not exist in real world, but we use it as a sample or description.

I think that average Poser figures are usefull, because it easier to create morphs. ADman is muscular then your "thin" morph looks weird, especialy his shoulders and neck, but I think it can be improved or ignored. ADman needn't to be all purpose figure. Fat and sedentary looks natural, smooth muscles are great.

TheOwl ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 10:12 PM

Great! I hope they also will come with expressions and most importantly, phoenems and a dmc file to use in DAZ Mimic.

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2011 at 1:27 AM · edited Sun, 26 June 2011 at 1:28 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

So no answer to my question so I'll assume you don't plan on having genetalia. Also, is it just me or does the crack in his posterior stop too high up his backside? (In Otherwords the crack of his ass stops too soon!!)

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2011 at 1:55 AM

The figure looks great.

I like how he has more real proportions and not the daz and poser ideal type.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2011 at 2:38 AM

that looks awesome!!!!

adh3d ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2011 at 5:53 AM

Sorry Steve, I didn't notice your question, yes he is going to have genitals, I am going to make them like a conform figure or like a part of the figure, I am not sure yet.

About the ass, it will have morphs to change its shape.

The owl, yes, he will have expressions and phoenens.

adh3d website

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2011 at 5:18 PM

:) bookmarking.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2011 at 6:28 PM

My only comment so far is that I think his head is slightly too big. But maybe that's just me.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2011 at 6:37 PM

aparece muy bueno EMO.  steve, the word "toast" may not translate well in that sense.

edgeverse ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2011 at 8:54 PM

Cool looking figure.

3D Digital Comics & Art/My homepage
http://www.edgeversemedia.com

tonymouse ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2011 at 9:18 PM

book mark I want to keep up with this!!!!

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2011 at 3:51 AM

Looks great!  And with the proper rigging, scaling the head shouldn't be an issue :)

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2011 at 5:40 AM

Yes, if you use propagating scale for the head then the size shouldn`t be a problem.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2011 at 5:47 AM

Looking Good.

Bookmarked

DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2011 at 7:26 AM

the heads for the daz figures are a bit on the small size compared to their bodies and we are used to looking at them, so that is one of the reasons his proportions look wrong ie because we stare at daz figures all day every day.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2011 at 7:58 AM

The head size actually looks ok to me, but it is easy enough to make it resizable.

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2011 at 8:23 AM · edited Mon, 27 June 2011 at 8:25 AM

Hi, don't worry about head size, there is a morph dial that make it bigger or smaller.

Here you have a render using that dial to make bigger or smaller.

adh3d website

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2011 at 9:39 AM

I don't think the head is too large, it is more normal than the "Ken" doll look of M3 and M4. :)

My only comment on his shape is that the abdomen seems short but if he is a short man or average height, it would be.

Tall men have a longer torso, or abdomen. Look at the wrestlers for comparison.

I like this male figure because he isn't like the Mil males.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2011 at 12:59 PM

How well does he bend in extreme poses?

shuy ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2011 at 1:18 PM

Big head is nice. It is easier to make head smaller (with magnet or scale) then make it bigger.

I had most dubts refering muscles. It does not looks natural. I'm sure - checked in mirror ;) Smooth morphs are usually most difficult for me. Fortunately I see that it is already resolved.

SteveJax ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2011 at 4:18 PM

I'm taking the wait and see approach.

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2011 at 5:22 AM · edited Tue, 28 June 2011 at 5:26 AM

Hi, I'll put different poses when I make them so you can see how the figure bends, I am making some adjustments yet.

Here some WIP arms poses.

arms back:

arms up:

fist to front

adh3d website

Klebnor ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2011 at 6:52 AM

Very nice ... interesting character.

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2011 at 2:42 PM · edited Tue, 28 June 2011 at 2:50 PM

thanks.

More arms poses...

arms to front:

idly? (I think it is said that way)

Arms behind head

adh3d website

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2011 at 7:01 PM

I'm liking the arm poses.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2011 at 8:54 AM

Having studied anatomy and physiology, I kind of shake my head at many 3D figures. I also realize that Poser/Daz are low end software, and you have to live within their limitations. This is one of the better figures I have seen. Not perfect, but I wouldn't complain too much. Thank you for your effort. Very much appreciated.

Paloth ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2011 at 1:39 PM

The shoulders are holding up pretty well in the bends. For Poser that's almost magical. Good job.

I think this guy would make a good 'early man' character. Thumbs up.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2011 at 3:38 PM · edited Wed, 29 June 2011 at 3:39 PM

Very grateful for the comments.

"I think this guy would make a good 'early man' character."

Yes, that's a good point, I'll try to make a Cro-magnon morph.

A new pose render, a kind of odd jump

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 11:00 AM

Hi, more poses I am working:

Some Gymnastics poses:

Some kneeling position poses :

adh3d website

joequick ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 2:11 PM

Does he use the Apollo style zero pose?

@Daz3d
@ShareCG

Tessalynne ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 2:12 PM · edited Thu, 30 June 2011 at 2:15 PM

Watching this with interest, very nice.  Has his mapping been finalized and any chance to get a peek at it?

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 4:04 PM

Hi, the zero pose is this one:

About the maps, I am still making the last tweaks, but here it is the head and body  templates, of course reduced in scale for posting in the forum(there are other templates for eyes, mouth, lashes,teeth, tongue ....)

the body template:

The head template:

adh3d website

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.