Sun, Oct 6, 7:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: It's My Mom's Birthday Today

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 12:17 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 6:44 AM

My Mom died in 1976 when I was 15 years old. Today is her birthday and it would mark her 85th year.

On days like today I miss her so much.

So seeing that she is not here for me to celebrate her special day with, since she died, I have always marked her birthday by going out and having a maple walnut ice cream cone. Maple walnut was her most favourite flavour.

So that is my plan for this afternoon: To go and have an ice cream cone in honour of my Mom

It isn't much, but it makes me feel close to her.

Happy Birthday Mom! I miss you!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 1:10 PM · edited Thu, 30 June 2011 at 1:12 PM

Happy Birthday to your mom, and my best wishes to you. I have always believed that celebrating the lives of our loved ones is the best way to live, even (or perhaps especially) when we're sad that they're gone. I got to be with my mom a bit longer, but I do miss her. 

Oh, hey, I was 15 in '76,  too. That's cool. 😄

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 1:16 PM

Awww Happy Bday to your mom.

MrsLubner ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 9:05 PM

A fond birthday wish to YOU and I hope you can enjoy the memories.  I lost my dad in 1987 and my mom in 1988. The only thing they both liked was Scotch but I never could stomach it.  But I do know that for me, my memories on their birthdays are the best memories I have.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 10:52 PM

Happy Birthday to her.. and best wishes to you.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 2:57 AM

Thanks everyone!   I had a great day!

My friend was about 1 hour later picking me up than we had planned due to childcare issues. But we went to a market square and had ice cream. It was very sweet. While we were waiting for our cones, I mentioned to my friend that it was my Mom's birthday and ever since she died, this has been my way of remembering her special day.

We got our cones and sat down and "clinked" our cones in a toast to my Mom. A guy that was standing behind us waiting to be served must have listened in on our conversation, because he came over to our table and held up his ice cream cup and said "To your Mom!" What a sweet thing to do.

Quote - A fond birthday wish to YOU and I hope you can enjoy the memories.  I lost my dad in 1987 and my mom in 1988. The only thing they both liked was Scotch but I never could stomach it.  But I do know that for me, my memories on their birthdays are the best memories I have.

Surely each had other favourite things besides Scotch?  What about a favourite movie, favourite food, favourite candy, favourite restaurant, favourite park, favourite book, favourite song, favourite dessert? 

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 8:43 AM

Individually, they had favorites but collectively, they liked things that don't exist any more in modern society. Memories are often best enjoyed as a memory I've found.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 1:35 PM

Quote - Individually, they had favorites but collectively, they liked things that don't exist any more in modern society. Memories are often best enjoyed as a memory I've found.

Why do you have to have a collective favourite? Were their birthdays on the same day?

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 5:32 PM

Yup, 5 years apart. :-)

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 9:35 PM

Then do your Mom's favourite movie along with your Dad's favourite dinner :)

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2011 at 5:03 AM

Mother's favorite movie was Night of the Iguana and Daddy's favorite meal was fried egg sandwiches.  That would make for a very interesting evening. :-)

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Lzy724 ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2011 at 9:31 AM

What a wonderful thing to do for her memory Acadia!  After all I have just been through, I found myself thinking, what would I do if mom hadnt survived this heart attack and stroke.  I would like to think it would be something like this. Happy "belated" bday to your mom and a hug for you. ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.