Thu, Sep 19, 10:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: Aiko 4 problems

lukedesade ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 9:05 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

Hello, guys. I just got Aiko 4 and installed her and this happened when I tried to open her up in Poser 8:

The morphs are only working on V4's head, but the eyes and the body are the same. I even injected the A4 morphs from the Poses library to no avail. They won't load, and she still looks like this. I'm running Poser 8 on Windows 7.

Any help on this?

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 9:57 PM

First question, where is P8 installed on your W7 OS?

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 10:03 PM · edited Tue, 05 July 2011 at 10:05 PM

You initialized V4 when you installed her? And is your Poser installation in Program Files or elsewhere? Is UAC turned on? What SR is installed? Did you install the Daz folks to your main Poser runtime?

Laurie

lukedesade ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 10:21 PM

Yes, I initialized V4.2 when I installed her. I clearly remember I did. I also initialized A4. My Poser 8 installation is in Program Files. I have no clue what UAC is. And yes, DAZ folks in main Poser Runtime.

amandagirl15701 ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 10:29 PM

I had this same problem after I installed Carrara and forund that it installed a second Victoria 4 cr2 to my system. What happens is the newer V4 cr2 gets updated and points to the injection files. There can only be one instance of a Victoria 4.cr2 on a system more than that mess up the morphs.

lukedesade ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 10:35 PM

Yeah, but I have not installed Carrara. I don't even know what Carrara is for :(

amandagirl15701 ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 10:40 PM

Ok... First thing is to get Poser out of that program folder. Win 7 doesn't like things that mess with the Program files, incuding the owner. Reinstall Poser to your C:/ drive so it installed to C:/Poser8.

lukedesade ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 10:48 PM

OK, will do and I'll see what happens.

amandagirl15701 ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 10:53 PM

UAC is overly protective and Poser needs access to its files and overwrite them. I had problems with Poser 7 and things acting all wonky until I followed Laurie's advice to get Poser out of Program files and have actually found features that were inacessible before finally working.

Also I had most of my "Content" installed to MyDocuments/PoserContent rather in the main Runtime. I believe Poser 8 already puts the content files in MyDocuments... Right?

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 11:14 PM

That is a default setting, but you have other installation options. 

lukedesade ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 11:22 PM

YES! Victory! I installed Poser in C:/Poser 8 and now Aiko works perfectly! Thanks everyone for the help. You guys are awesome.

amandagirl15701 ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 11:31 PM

I thought so but didn't know about the other options.. Kinda learned my lesson and started putting my content in MyDocuments after I got P7. My older Vista machine had Poser 4 on it and I had to go hunting for all the files I had saved in the program.

amandagirl15701 ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 11:33 PM

I'm happy you got things working:biggrin:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.