Wed, Oct 2, 1:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: 2d capabilities

Artchitect ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 6:43 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 1:33 AM

file_470707.gif

hello, i just got Poser 8 software and am new to animation. i was wondering ifi am able to import and animate any 2d object or 2d figure on Poser 8. the picture above is an example of what i mean. how can i make it so those two figures can move in any way i wish? or if i just wanted a 2d image to float around on the screen, how do i do that on poser 8?

if that isnt possible, then how would i convert a 2d image into a 3d object or prop for Poser 8?

and if THAT isnt possible, then what are alternative programs can i use along with Poser 8 that can animate 2d things with 3d things? and i still want to have some way of using Poser though.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 6:59 PM

Attached Link: http://anime.smithmicro.com/

Sounds like you want AnimeStudio.

Artchitect ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 7:45 PM

so...i take that as a no then???

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 8:33 PM

The process will involve different software to accomplish the type of project you are outlining.  Poser will not process 2D animation, strictly a 3D application. 

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 8:44 PM

If you looked at what Poser uses, the cr2, hr2, etc files all refer to some OBJ file. This is a virtual 3d file, which Poser can, given the right setup, "animate".

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 9:42 PM

You can load a prop primitive square and load any image you want onto that if you want to have flat pics drifting about . Not what Posr does best though.

You would be better off with some sort of anime package or use a paint program and make animated gifs.

Artchitect ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 9:50 PM · edited Sat, 09 July 2011 at 9:58 PM

oh...so, is there a way i can somehow combine anime studio animations with poser animations. and if not, other than anime studio, what are other good 2d animation programs that i could use but still somehow merge poser animations with??? and if there is a way, how do i import those animations.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 10:59 PM

LOL.

Artchitect - May 31, 2011 - "how do i import any kind of picture into poser(not as a background) and just animate it as if it were 3d???"

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3802220&ebot_calc_page#message_3802220

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Artchitect ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 11:11 PM · edited Sat, 09 July 2011 at 11:12 PM

ssorry im very confused. its just that the idea came to me about 2d and 3d somehow combining. im not a real "artchitect." but i hope to be one... so would you say anime studio is efficient?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 11:20 PM

I never used it. But what you asked about doing is done with Anime Studio, efficient or not, and is not at all done with Poser.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Artchitect ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 11:56 PM

hmm. makes sense.

Artchitect ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 12:37 AM

wow. the animations in the anime studio site are pretty cool. and i noticed that someone seemed to kind of use both poser AND anime studio. so that's pretty cool

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 12:40 AM

As others have said this in not what Poser is meant for, and you would probably be better of with different software. That said, there is no reason I can see to stop you making paper doll type figures, and animating them in Poser. The figures could be constructed from rectangles, and use transparency maps for the outlines.

Making even a "paper doll" type figure would be a quite advanced project for a beginner, but not beyond the bounds of possibility.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 7:48 AM

I love anime studio pro

MY TEST

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 3:14 PM

file_470730.png

it's possible to do stick-figure cut-outs in poser (e.g. using primitives or mapped planes), and then render to look like 2d drawing, but it may take longer to put together the figures in poser if ya wanna animate 'em, and the settings for 2D animation in poser can be capricious.  haven't used anime studio for that, but it's also easy to do 'em in APS, which costs more $$$ IIRC.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 3:33 PM

Interesting topic.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 5:09 PM · edited Sun, 10 July 2011 at 5:17 PM

file_470732.gif

I call this figure "M5" (short for "Man 5"). Now DAZ will have to find a new name for their next male figure, or I'll be talking to my lawyers!

I was thinking about about the "paper doll" animation idea, and decided to make a two dimensional Poser figure to see how it worked out. It's a very simple figure made almost entirely out of squares. I didn't even get round to making joints for the elbows and knees, but I learnt a little bit (mostly what NOT to do), and had a bit of a laugh.

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 6:18 PM · edited Sun, 10 July 2011 at 6:19 PM

Cool,Les! I was going to suggest using squares with 2D images applied as a solution but ultimately, you probably would be better served with Anime Studio for 2D anims. Anime Studio Pro 8 can import Poser Scenes also, I don't recall if Debut does - I only ever work in Pro for creating the content files. In terms of animating a character, the principles are the same - create your character , create bones for it, adjust affected areas, and animate using keyframes.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 6:22 PM · edited Sun, 10 July 2011 at 6:22 PM

"Anime Studio Pro 8 can import Poser Scenes also,"

yes but only very simple ones( no MIC/VIC4!!!) or it Chokes into a coma

,on my machine at least,

best to use the native AS figures or buy some of the really Cool ones from CP.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 8:28 PM

file_470736.gif

p.s.: ((mikey)) posted some bvh dance files at legume's poser newsgroup - they are not bad IMVHO.

heddheld ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2011 at 4:44 AM

maybe get "shot at " for this but if you want to do 2d animations have a look at inkscape, vector graphics for free

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2011 at 6:01 PM

les, they may have already trademarked mike-, michael- et al. -5, -6, -7, ...., et seq. as a precaution. 🤣

Artchitect ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2011 at 8:56 PM

hmm interesting

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.