Wed, Sep 18, 12:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: OT: Bojangles the brown tabby ... RIP.

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 8:54 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 2:18 PM

As exciting as all the fireworks and explosives are on the 4th of July here in the US.  It's very hard on our furry friends.

One of our cats, Bojangles was frightened and unbeknownst to us had escaped on the 3rd while we took our dogs out for thier um ... constitutional.  WE discovered him missing the next day and started searching for him.  5 days later ... we heard a cry and he was sitting in our bathtub.  (He must have come back in while we were bringing in groceries.) 

He was weak and worn out.  We force fed him and gave him plenty of love and water ... but alas he passed away early this morning.  At least we were fortunate to have him with us when it happened.  He wasn't scared and hiding under bushes. 

I know there are cat lovers out there who will understand my loss and I thought I could share this with you.  Please ... where ever you live.  IF there is a loud celebration with fireworks ... remember animals don't understand that it's for fun, it frightens them. 

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 9:21 AM

My sympathies :o( (from a fellow cat lover)

Laurie

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 10:24 AM

I've never understood fireworks. 

If explosives are needed to fight a real war or kill a real criminal, then some 'collateral damage' can be justified. 

But when the explosives serve only to make noise and light, then no damage is justifiable at all.  There are lots of other ways to make noise and light that don't kill people and pets, that don't burn down houses or forests.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 11:32 AM

I don't buy fireworks! I don't HAVE money to burn.... literally! Sorry for your lost furry folk.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 1:58 PM

RIP Bojangles. Play happy over the Rainbow Bridge.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 3:47 PM

Poor sweet kitty... :sad:

I saw a printed sign in the neighourhood today about a lost cat, and scrawled at the bottom in a childish hand it read "$5.00 reward." I hope they find it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 4:03 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss Boni.

I had been without a cat for 2 and a half years, then a couple of weeks ago I found this stray black kitten. I have named her Shadow, but often call her 'Funny Feet'. She is a rather defective moggy, both front paws have been broken, and now point inwards at strange angles. It obviously happened a long time ago, because she does not seem to be in any pain when she walks. I also think she is rather deaf, because she rarely responds to noises, and looks around a lot more than other cats I have known. If I call her she takes no notice, but if I catch her eye and give a hand signal, she will come to me.

seaayre ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 2:49 AM

You have my deepest sympathies. I am so sorry for your loss. :(

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 4:14 AM
Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 4:26 AM · edited Sun, 10 July 2011 at 4:29 AM

I'm Sorry for your Loss...

Perhaps this will cheer you up a little.

http://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 10:26 AM

file_470723.jpg

Thank you all.  This helps a lot ... to know there are so many people out there who love and care for their pets.  Thankfully my other wee-beasts (well Magic the sheapard/lab mix is 131 lbs. and Oliver the Mighty Cat is 22 lbs.) are recovered and happy. 

All of our animals are rescues.  Bojangles (the tabby curled up in back in the photo)and his Brother Eli were part of a cat colony outside a Wells Fargo Call Center where I worked.  In fact their names were originally "Wells" and "Fargo", not very original. :)

3 kittens we rescued were dumped in a local park.  Smudge-face-tweek-tail, the littlest came running after us crying as loud as she could, while we were walking our dogs one day ... the other two were hiding in a tree.  She has followed me arround ever since and been dubbed "the stalker cat".

Joxer, another lab mix breed, was rescued from a post in a field outside a crack house where he'd been tied up durring a blizzard.

In Photo: Bojangles (Tabby curled up in back), Oliver (Other tabby behind dog), Joxer (dog), Smudgeface-tweektail (in front looking at camera, note her different colored eyes), and finally, Nod-No-Tail (the black cat, Smudgie's brother).

There are more ... but it's getting a litte "crazy cat ladies" embarressing. ;)

Tnanks all for sharing.

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.