Wed, Sep 18, 10:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Big Head! Help!

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 11:57 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

I just purchased MRL Gabi.   Supposedly, she looks best when I start with V4.2 with ++morphs and V4 Elite.   When I click on Gabi's body,  the head becomes enormous!   Any way i can overcome this?  This has happened with other V4 purchases, and I have had to resort to using plain old V4.  Thanks! 

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 12:11 PM

Sounds like it is an issue of Poser crosstalk. 

When this happens, is V4 the first figure/object in your scene?  Have you tried injecting the character's body INJ first and the head INJ last?

If you right click the pose window, are you running "OpenGL" or "SreeD"?  Try "SreeD" if you in Open GL.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 12:22 PM

Could be crosstalk triggering scaling for the head.  How current is your V4.2?  There was an update for the model last year, IIRC, which caused problems if you were using a resaved, morphed model in your library.  Unfortunately, updating the base does not reinitialize the saved morph versions.  This might be the source of your problem.

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 12:24 PM

Another reason why I stick to Posette!  Or my remapped version of her at least!

dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 12:25 PM

Thanks!  When I inject the body inj first, and the head last, the head still enlarges.  What do you mean by right clicking on the pose window to see "openGL"of "SreeD"?Nothing happens when I right click on the pose window.

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 12:28 PM · edited Wed, 13 July 2011 at 12:29 PM

Quote - I just purchased MRL Gabi.   Supposedly, she looks best when I start with V4.2 with ++morphs and V4 Elite.   When I click on Gabi's body,  the head becomes enormous!   Any way i can overcome this?  This has happened with other V4 purchases, and I have had to resort to using plain old V4.  Thanks! 

I get this with certain INJ poses. Happens with some M4 packs too. Dunno why. Maybe an error in the pose file.

The solution is to find the 'head size' morph (you may have to find it among the morph poses -- in the morph++ folder-- and inject it manually), and adjust it until the head is normal size. I'm not sure if you need to find it on the 'head' of the figure or the 'body.' But one of them will work.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 12:41 PM · edited Wed, 13 July 2011 at 12:44 PM

Acadia is eluding to viewing issues which manifests if the preview window is not properly configured for your system.  In this case, I don't believe it's a viewing problem.  Open your Properties/Parameter panel and select V4's body, and check Morphforms>Morph++>HeadSize.  You may see that dial set to 1 instead of 0. 

Edit: moriador, the OP is already starting with a morphed V4.  That dial does appear automatically; it is not present in the base version.

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 1:04 PM

Thanks to all of you!  I'll look into your suggestions.   I don't think I updated the ++ morphs last year.

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 1:12 PM

Moriador, I just went to the ++morphs and was able to reduce the head size.   Thanks to you all!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.