Mon, Oct 21, 11:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Qestions on lights, shadows, maps, etc.

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 1999 at 1:47 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:53 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

This is the first render of a work in progress and the lighting and casting of shadows is a pain. Could somebody please tell me why the edges of the shadows are zig-zagged? And since I'm using a square at 90degree angle for a wall why are the shadows so high? There is one infinite light casting shadows with a map of 1024. I can't make it go any higher. With a spotlight the jagged edges were worse. Please, somebody shed some light on this.

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 1999 at 4:55 PM

I have the same problem here. Poser do not have a raytracer, thats the problem - so I make my HiRes renderings in Bryce. I think MC will fix the shadow problem in Poser 5 :-)) Chris BTW: Nice work so far - cant wait to see your image when its ready

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 1999 at 6:48 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Thanks Chris, I did what I could with the lights and the finished image is up at the gallery.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.