Tue, Oct 22, 2:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Seeking Resource: Industrial Buildings

KageRyu ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2011 at 11:24 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:26 AM

I am looking for some 3D models of industrial buildings, particularly the towers and pipeworks you might find at refineries, or the heavy smokestacks and buildings of a manufacturing center. Any model format that can be loaded into Poser will work. Free or commercially available. I just need a point in the right direction. Haven't found what I am lookinf or in the last month of searching on my own.

for example, meshes for stuff like this:

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 2:56 AM

RichardT had some in Freestuff.  Not smokestacks but a lot of other industrial things.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

millighost ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 5:50 AM

rj001 has some things i find interesting, among other things a "refinery starter kit":

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/2009-refinery-starter-kit/72791

no complete buildings, however. 

icprncss2 ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 7:21 AM

Dark Anvil has a fuel storage set over at Poser Direct.

http://www.poserdirect.com/fuelplantposer.html

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:00 AM

Quote - rj001 has some things i find interesting, among other things a "refinery starter kit":

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/2009-refinery-starter-kit/72791

no complete buildings, however. 

These are close to what I am looking for but not quite.  Thanks for the link though.

Quote - Dark Anvil has a fuel storage set over at Poser Direct.

Yes, I've seen that. As I said I am looking for the stacks and towers and pipeworks as in the images I posted. Especially the stacks and towers.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 2:53 PM

Check out Baumgarten Enterprises.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 3:10 PM

Quote - Check out Baumgarten Enterprises.

They really don't have what I am looking for. It's an older site, haven't seen anything new there in a long time. Most of it's pretty mediocre quality too (I've downloaded and attempted to use some of their stuff in the past).

Again, what I am really looking for is refinery towers and surrounding pipeworks. If anyone knows of such a product, free or commercial, I'd a appreciate a link to it. If not, please don't just suggest websites and modelbanks to search I am already doing that myself.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 6:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.procedural.com/

I looked for photoshop brushes for you on google that might do this but I couldln't find any.

It may be possible to use this cityengine software for doing what you want to do.

Love eshter

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 6:37 PM

cityenigne indie imports very nicely into poser I have found.

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:26 PM

I'm looking for 3D models, not a software, and certainly not brushes or backdrop images. I am aware of cityengine, and it is outside the budget for this. Not to mention there is no gaurantee it has what I need.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:35 PM

yes, I think it would be a steep learning curve for sure.

Try searching pipes and manybe you could kind of put your own thing together in poser.  I think I once bought a nice set of industrial pipes with Tpieces and joins etc.

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:38 PM

I already said those kinds of suggestions are not helpful I have, already been looking. That's about as helpful as if I were to start post LMGTFY links to peoples questions, honestly.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:44 PM

well I use a lot of premade content and I am sorry to say I just have not seen anything like what you are after.  I will keep my eyes open though.

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-refinery/389456

aha, these ones at turbo squid are expensive but they look pretty good to me, and they export .obj which should work in poser.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/industrial-building-dxf/393132

and this one doesn't have stacks butg looks really industrial

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:49 PM

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:50 PM · edited Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:52 PM

yeah, those are twice what it would cost me for Cityengine, which I already said is out of the budget - that's why I don't use turbosquid. Massive inflation.  I mean, they look nice and all - but $420 for a model set - I can buy another liscense for Lightwave for that, or a new computer if I build it myself.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:53 PM

Occasionally when I have seen a model I really liked on turbosquid I have managed to track down the modeller and done a private deal for very much less.

But I just googled that modeller and couldn't find him or her privatge website.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.myspace.com/frap3d/photos/2069610#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A2069610%7D

actually that was blue someone for the first models but there is lots about frap online including a myspace page.  And that is the best looking model (the last one I posted)

Love esther

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 5:18 PM

haven't seen those oil refinery models anywhere, but I didn't know what LMGTFY was, hence I googled it.

KageRyu ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 5:39 PM

Quote - haven't seen those oil refinery models anywhere, but I didn't know what LMGTFY was, hence I googled it.

I can not help but find that funny, I'm sorry. Brightened my day at least, not sure if you were intentionally being sarcastic or not.

Jus in case, for others who might wonder, it's Let Me Google That For You.  There are some CG websites (especially with programs such as Lightwave, or Maya) where asking any question will get some forum bully responding with a LMGTFY link. It's generally considered poor forum ettiquette, but it happens all too often anyways.  I guess I used the reference as I was recently on the Lightwave forums looking for plugin references for an explosion plugin (to shatter objects).  Too many of those links, and the google search results were all dead links anyways, hence why I say it's generally unhelpful at best, just rude at worst.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 11:13 PM

file_471354.jpg

I have this  refinery as an obj file it has about six mat zones PM me with an Email Address  if you find it suitable.

Cheers

P.S .late in New york
though  iwont be back online until sunday AM

My website

YouTube Channel

KageRyu ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 12:15 AM

Yes, that refinery would do nicely. Thank you Wolf359, PM sent.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.