Sun, Oct 6, 5:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: what Daz 4

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 2:56 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 5:40 AM

do you think Daz will replace Poser, will Daz do anything? I think Poser need to get off there @ss and start doing things. Or it will be to late...

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:00 PM · edited Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:03 PM

Apparently, you haven't been keeping up.

And to answer your question, no. I definitely don't think DS will replace Poser...lol.

Laurie

Ridley5 ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:12 PM · edited Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:15 PM

"Too" late for what? Daz's imminent takeover of the low end 3d hobbyist figure world?? Meh- As long as a market exists, someone's going to fill in the gap, who really cares who it is as long as it gets done.  Poser and Daz will both be around for years.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:14 PM

P9 and PP2012 will be out in just over a month.  Lagging behind?

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:15 PM

oh don't know

but let you do know I am a heavy user of Poser.

So what did I miss, what have they done so great?

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:17 PM

oh I need to check see what they do have that is new! P9 and PP2012

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:19 PM · edited Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:20 PM

Here David..check this link:

Poser announcement

And before you ask - it will not be able to use Daz Genesis at the current time.

Laurie

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:23 PM

ain't that too bad, for Genesis, lol

that might mean they will not sell too much

oh btw ty for the link info

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

ProudApache ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:30 PM

I want to get Poser Pro 2012 but will it still have all the features of Poser Pro 2010?

Ridley5 ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:33 PM · edited Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:36 PM

Yes, and more (big advancements are in the new pipeline)..check LaurieA's link to Poser announcement above.  There is a nice comparison chart between different versions of Poser there.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 3:36 PM

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 6:31 AM · edited Wed, 17 August 2011 at 6:34 AM

@ the OP Calm Down

Daz inc. has  their "marketing plan" as does Smith Micro

It not as thou Daz can Forcebly Assimilate anyone

SO WE HOPE

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Diogenes ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2011 at 7:28 PM

We have the secret weapon to infect the collective mind of the borg. The yearning to be free to choose.  :lol:

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Ridley5 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2011 at 10:23 PM · edited Thu, 18 August 2011 at 10:26 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=170253&sid=117b85cdd7466c4cbaf1b04e5132cdfc

> Quote - We have the secret weapon to infect the collective mind of the borg. The yearning to be free to choose.  :lol:

Hope you don't mind the plug, wolf. Nicely done, LOL.  Looks like Daz is prepping their "Genesis" device for total domination.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2011 at 10:28 PM

I liked it...lol. One thing tho..weren't the borg defeated?

coldrake ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2011 at 1:54 AM

Quote - I liked it...lol. One thing tho..weren't the borg defeated?

Yeah, but that won't happen for about 350 years. 😉

Coldrake

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2011 at 2:07 AM · edited Fri, 19 August 2011 at 2:09 AM

Quote - > Quote - I liked it...lol. One thing tho..weren't the borg defeated?

Yeah, but that won't happen for about 350 years. 😉

Coldrake

Oops...I forgot about the whole time travel thing...lol :-P

Laurie

SteveJax ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2011 at 8:47 AM · edited Fri, 19 August 2011 at 8:49 AM

Well while we're on the topic of Trek! Warp Drive Anyone? Again....

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2011 at 9:08 AM

actually... they did'nt need time travel to defeat the borg.

simple fact. Borg don't shield against physical attacks such as fists, knives, swords....or bullets.

they only shield against energy based attacks.. so... replicate a few AK47's, attach a mini replicator as the Mag and bye bye borgies...

(take a look through the show.. the Borg never activated their sheilds when just attacked with fists or knives. and Picard took out 2 of them with a (holographic!) Thompson (and you can't tell me the Borg have never encountered simple projectile weapons before....) so the question is, what the hell are the Feddies playing at? we know they have projectile weapons (Deep Space 9 - the Sniper Rifle that has a transporter attached to it...) and it's not like they can't use history books for designs....)

(old god I'm sorry... I thought I was free of this stuff....)

Ridley5 ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2011 at 9:44 AM · edited Fri, 19 August 2011 at 9:45 AM

Quote - simple fact. Borg don't shield against physical attacks such as fists, knives, swords....or bullets.

they only shield against energy based attacks.. so... replicate a few AK47's, attach a mini replicator as the Mag and bye bye borgies...

Resistance is NOT futile?  A personal fav scifi trope- super advanced cultures that forget vulnerabilities as mundane as this lol.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.