Thu, Sep 19, 4:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: create path walk" in three characters (M4s) in poser pro 2010

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 4:53 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 8:12 PM

Hey ... Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, but anyone there could help me?
I wanted to know this:
I was wondering: how can I use the "create path walk" in three characters and Make Them Walk, each in a different direction at the Same Time?
note: I have used the walk path in create three M4s, but They end up Following the first M4.
thanks

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 5:58 PM · edited Wed, 17 August 2011 at 6:00 PM

file_471983.jpg

I don't have Poser Pro 2010, but assume it works the same way as in P6. A Walk Path is a prop and you can change the position and orientation of a Walk Path via its Parameters Palette just like you would for any other prop.

There are two ways you can do it.

1). Create three walk paths. Translate each path so that they each have a different starting point, and yRotate each so that each has a different orientation. Run the Walk Designer, assign figure 1 to path 1 and apply the walk cycle. Then  assign figure 2 to path 2 and apply the walk cycle. Then assign figure 3 to path 3 and apply the walk cycle.

2). Or create one walk path, assign figure 1 to the path and create the walk cycle for that figure. Then move the path, assign figure 2 to that path and create the walk cycle for that figure. Repeat the steps for any subsequent figures.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 6:43 PM · edited Wed, 17 August 2011 at 6:45 PM

file_471988.gif

For this animated gif I used 3 walk paths, each figure is assigned to a different path. Each path has been moved to a different position and has a different orientation. You can't apply all the walk cycles at once. You apply a cycle to the first figure, then apply one to the second figure, etc.

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 8:29 PM

Oops! Now it worked!
I was not aware when going to apply the walk, now I did as you showed in your first image, and applied the path to the corresponding character.
I'm using m4 in daz studio, poser pro in 2010 and now is working
Thank you.
now ... I saw that after apply the path and walk, no longer how to fix some things in character, as translate the arm, the head rotates counter etc..
you can change it later?

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 9:21 PM

You can change things after you apply the walk cycle. Or, if you don't wan't the walk designer to affect some parts of the figure, you can lock those parts before applying the walk cycle. After applying the cycle, unlock them, they will not have been affected.

If you need to lock/unlock a number of parts at once, it can be done via pose files. Take a look at my freebie "Lock Actors V4" poses, at sharecg, they should also work on M4.

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 3:44 PM

Hello,
you were a great help to me, thank you.
But I have a problem in "Lock V4 Actors"
I wanted to know: This "Actors Lock V4," works on a PC with 64-bit win7?
thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.