Fri, Sep 20, 3:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Pose2Lux

featherwitch ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2011 at 7:16 PM

Happy Birthday and have a wonderful time!!  :o)

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2011 at 8:19 PM

Have fun Snarly! And Happy Birthday!

Laurie

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2011 at 12:37 AM

Joyeux Anniversaire, cher ami! Je te souhaite une bonne voyage et de la belle cuisine a Paris! (I think that's how to say it - correct me on this, Laurie... 😄 )

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

masha ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2011 at 5:45 PM

Happy birthday!!!  Have a wonderful time :)

Believable3D ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2011 at 7:52 PM

Happy birthday, Snarly! May you receive just as you have given!

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 7:30 PM

Happy Birthday from a newcomer to Pose2Lux.

So is what is in the link here the only download I need?

Have had a few friends tell me I MUST try this renderer!

Thanks

Jamie

Quote - For my 50th birthday (on Monday) Mrs. Snarly is taking me to Paris for a few days, so I thought I'd leave you with this update to play with until I get back.

This build includes a few more bugfixes found in testing, but also includes a first draft of the custom material editor. This isn't the official release version yet, but do feel free to give it a bash and let me know if anything needs fixing when I get back :-)

Au revoir :-)

Snarly

@ Robynsveil - we've probably reached the point where this version should feature on the downloads page of pose2lux.com. Ta!

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 7:43 PM

You'll need to download Lux itself.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 8:34 PM

Quote - You'll need to download Lux itself.

Ok I am now officially confused, can someone link me to lux?

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 8:38 PM

Quote - > Quote - You'll need to download Lux itself.

Here's the website, Jamie:

http://www.pose2lux.com/

I'll be posting that current build tonight after work, Snarly... sorry I didn't get to it earlier! You might want to wait till then, Jamie... but feel free to have a read of the site... really good stuff on there!

Metaphor of Chooks

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 8:42 PM

Ok I will wait then someone can point me at what all I need to download!

And HELLO ROBYN I miss you!!! <3

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - You'll need to download Lux itself.

Here's the website, Jamie:

http://www.pose2lux.com/

I'll be posting that current build tonight after work, Snarly... sorry I didn't get to it earlier! You might want to wait till then, Jamie... but feel free to have a read of the site... really good stuff on there!

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 9:58 PM

To be clear, the Pose2Lux script is an exporter that you work with from inside Poser. Luxrender is the destination app for the exporter. The exporter is downloadable from this page: http://www.pose2lux.com/content/downloads ; the same page has a link to the page at the Luxrender site where you can download the app itself.

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 10:20 PM

Ohh ok thanks for all the help :)

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2011 at 7:09 AM

Quote - For my 50th birthday (on Monday) Mrs. Snarly is taking me to Paris for a few days, so I thought I'd leave you with this update to play with until I get back.

This build includes a few more bugfixes found in testing, but also includes a first draft of the custom material editor. This isn't the official release version yet, but do feel free to give it a bash and let me know if anything needs fixing when I get back :-)

Au revoir :-)

Snarly

@ Robynsveil - we've probably reached the point where this version should feature on the downloads page of pose2lux.com. Ta!

Done (finally :blink: ) ...sorry it took so long! Updated the manual download to be your newly-updated user guide.

Metaphor of Chooks

Xase ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2011 at 8:38 AM · edited Wed, 24 August 2011 at 8:38 AM

And for those brave souls who live on the bleeding edge, a new Dev release for Windows was just let into the wild. :) (Of LuxRender)

ThunderStone ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2011 at 8:51 AM

Not for me... I take blood thinner.... :b_funny:

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Holler ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2011 at 10:49 AM

@ RobynsVeil,

First a quick note to say thanks for all your work on the Pose2Lux.com site. .... and ya know that issue back in July with the cyber-mauraders... well apparently my user name got caught up in the purge (says I'm either blocked or not registered but trying to register with the same username and email tells me I'm already registered).  Same username as here if you need to search. No big rush.... would like to follow the bug tracker on the new versions is all. Thanks in advance.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2011 at 11:08 AM

Quote - @ RobynsVeil,

First a quick note to say thanks for all your work on the Pose2Lux.com site. .... and ya know that issue back in July with the cyber-mauraders... well apparently my user name got caught up in the purge (says I'm either blocked or not registered but trying to register with the same username and email tells me I'm already registered).  Same username as here if you need to search. No big rush.... would like to follow the bug tracker on the new versions is all. Thanks in advance.

Is fixed. you can now log in

Holler ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2011 at 1:13 PM

Thanks Khai...

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2011 at 5:19 PM

Thanks Khai 😄

Metaphor of Chooks

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2011 at 4:23 PM

Attached Link: Pose2Lux Pro 0.7.2

This update enables Pose2Lux to produce output compatible with the recent Luxrender 0.9 dev builds. It should not be used with Luxrender 0.8 builds (or older).

It includes the following changes:

• Renderer output options changed to 'sampler', 'hybrid' or 'sppm'
  • distributedpath parameter 'renderingmode' removed
  • 'sppm' surface integrator added, with configuration options
  • All configuration panel data on Export screen now included in 'Save settings' and 'Save scene' options
  • A few minor bugfixes
  • FORCE_HOME_FOLDER option added

The last option may be useful to those who have issues with Windows UAC. The home folder is where Pose2Lux looks for its settings file, and is supposed to be the same folder in which the Pose2Lux script has been saved. Poser 6 users have had to manually specify this folder by editing the HOME_FOLDER parameter on line 49. Now Poser 7+ users can use this parameter too by specifying FORCE_HOME_FOLDER = True on line 50. This enables you to have your settings file in a different folder to where you have saved Pose2Lux.

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2011 at 8:44 PM

Site updated. Now to go have a play. 😄

Metaphor of Chooks

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2011 at 10:29 AM

Attached Link: Pose2Lux Pro v0.8.0

This update adds volume support to the basic material editor.

Also, some new options on the Materials screen to simplify the 'grab/assign' mechanism.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2011 at 10:33 AM

And as an example, I made this picture with the new v0.8.

Haruchai ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2011 at 10:55 AM

Quote - And as an example, I made this picture with the new v0.8.

Cool pic. Thanks for your continued work on this, really appreciated.

Poser Pro 11, DAZ Studio 4.9

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2011 at 5:52 PM

Um, did you want version .8 to replace version .72 on our downloads page? Promise I won't stuff it up this time 😄

Metaphor of Chooks

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2011 at 1:03 PM · edited Tue, 30 August 2011 at 1:04 PM

Yes please Robyn. As a general rule, any version posted here should also be available on our own site too.

edit: Forgot to say thanks! All the work you have done and continue to do on Pose2Lux.com is helping this venture succeed :-)

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 4:03 AM

Just noticed you've got P2L .8 downloadable from your site, Snarly - sorry about not getting to it quicker. We can leave it that way if you want - I do have it uploaded to pose2lux.com. Leaveing it up to you - thanks for doing that real quick.

BTW, we do need to get you access to the back door so you can have a bit more autonomy over YOUR site, Snarly 😉 ('tis yours, after all! 😄) - let me know a good time that will suit... maybe this coming weekend?

Metaphor of Chooks

mackis3D ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 12:17 PM · edited Wed, 31 August 2011 at 12:20 PM

file_472434.jpg

Why are the updates called Pose2Lux Pro (0.7.2 and 0.8.0)? It's Pose2Lux.py not pose2luxpro.pyc - or did I miss something? My Pro is still 0.63 - and when I open Pose2Lux (I'm using the most recent LuxRender_CVS_20110824_64bit_NoOpenCL.exe) I have this message:

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 12:38 PM

Hmm...my version of Pro is 0.8.0?

Laurie

mackis3D ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 12:50 PM · edited Wed, 31 August 2011 at 12:51 PM

file_472435.jpg

If I open the Pose2Lux.py with notepad it says it's Pro and it's 0.8.0 - But when I open Pose2Lux in Poser I get the above message posted earlier.

This is Pose2Lux.py but not the Pro that was called pose2luxpro.pyc

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 12:53 PM · edited Wed, 31 August 2011 at 1:02 PM

Quote - Why are the updates called Pose2Lux Pro (0.7.2 and 0.8.0)? It's Pose2Lux.py not pose2luxpro.pyc - or did I miss something? My Pro is still 0.63 - and when I open Pose2Lux (I'm using the most recent LuxRender_CVS_20110824_64bit_NoOpenCL.exe) I have this message:

All current development is for Pose2Lux Pro. The current version is 0.8.0.

At some point I got lazy and made the filename pose2lux instead of pose2luxpro. If you want you can rename it to anything you like. I may get even lazier and start calling it p2l.py, but it will still be Pose2Lux Pro.

Since v0.7.0 the script has been open source and so has a .py extension instead of a .pyc extension.

As described in both the readme file and on the Pose2Lux.com site , the settings file format has changed in v0.7. The error you are getting is because 0.7 (and higher) do not understand the 0.6+ settings file format, which it is trying to load automatically. The solution is to delete the old settings file and create a new one. It only takes a few moments.

Hope that helps,

Snarly

EDIT: Oh, there was also a practical reason for using 'pose2lux.py' as the filename. Because v0.7 was not backwardly compatible with v0.63 (as you have discovered) I wanted to be sure the 0.7+ versions didn't overwrite the 0.63 ones, so I used the different filename. Apologies for the confusion it has caused!

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 1:00 PM

Quote - Just noticed you've got P2L .8 downloadable from your site, Snarly - sorry about not getting to it quicker. We can leave it that way if you want - I do have it uploaded to pose2lux.com. Leaveing it up to you - thanks for doing that real quick.

BTW, we do need to get you access to the back door so you can have a bit more autonomy over YOUR site, Snarly 😉 ('tis yours, after all! 😄) - let me know a good time that will suit... maybe this coming weekend?

I'm off to Spain on Friday for a bit, so not this weekend. I'll give you a shout when I get back?

mackis3D ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 1:09 PM

Snarlygribbly: Thanks for clearing this up! And a nice weekend in Spain!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 1:31 PM

Quote - Why are the updates called Pose2Lux Pro (0.7.2 and 0.8.0)? It's Pose2Lux.py not pose2luxpro.pyc - or did I miss something? My Pro is still 0.63 - and when I open Pose2Lux (I'm using the most recent LuxRender_CVS_20110824_64bit_NoOpenCL.exe) I have this message:

I had this. the fix was to delete the existing install and recopy the files in. if you just copy the new over the old, you get the error.

mackis3D ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 1:34 PM

Quote - I had this. the fix was to delete the existing install and recopy the files in. if you just copy the new over the old, you get the error.

Thanks - that helped! :-)

Haruchai ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 2:15 PM

Hi,

Just a quick question.

Will all builds after 0.7.2 be for LuxRender 0.9? I assume so but would appreciate the clarification.

I currently have 3 folder on the go -

Pose2Lux 1.0.1

Pose2Lux Pro 0.7 build 0042 - for use with LuxRender 0.8 stable

Pose2Lux Pro 0.8 - for use with LuxRender 0.9 weekly build

Is any of this redundant. Have I got the wrong end of the stick at any point?

Thanks

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 3:21 PM

I'm only supporting Luxrender 0.9 now.

I would ditch Pose2Lux 1.01 unless you have a special reason to keep it.

Pose2Lux Pro 0.7 build 0042 is good to keep if you want to uuse Lux 0.8

All new updates will be for Lux 0.9 only

If anyone wants to fix up the latest source to work with Lux 0.8 I'd be happy to give them some pointers, but my limited time means I can only support one version of Lux, which might as well be the latest one!

Haruchai ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 4:31 PM

Quote - I would ditch Pose2Lux 1.01 unless you have a special reason to keep it.

Sentimental value  :)

Thanks for the info, appreciated. I always work with the latest one but keep the older ones around in case something breaks in the weekly builds of LuxRender.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 5:40 PM

Quote - > Quote - Just noticed you've got P2L .8 downloadable from your site, Snarly - sorry about not getting to it quicker. We can leave it that way if you want - I do have it uploaded to pose2lux.com. Leaveing it up to you - thanks for doing that real quick.

I'm off to Spain on Friday for a bit, so not this weekend. I'll give you a shout when I get back?

Wow, jetsetter! :biggrin: Have a wonderful time, anytime that suits you is fine with me. I'll have the two weeks following PP2012's release off work - YAY! - so anywhere during that time would work perfectly.

Metaphor of Chooks

Xase ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 7:50 AM · edited Thu, 01 September 2011 at 7:53 AM

Quote - I'm off to Spain on Friday for a bit, so not this weekend. I'll give you a shout when I get back?

Spain?  Didn't you just get back from Paris?  Obviously I'm in the wrong line of work....course I don't like flying so that may be a bit problematic to be jetsetting.

And saying "I'm off to Iowa this weekend for a bit" just doesn't have that same ring to it.  Oh well, least I have BBQ :)

Seriously though, have a good time!

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 8:43 AM

I do get around a bit :-)

Paris was fun, and maybe Spain will be even funner :-D

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 9:56 AM

Quote - And saying "I'm off to Iowa this weekend for a bit" just doesn't have that same ring to it.  Oh well, least I have BBQ :)

Laurie

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2011 at 5:06 AM

[quoteAnd saying "I'm off to Iowa this weekend for a bit" just doesn't have that same ring to it.  Oh well, least I have BBQ :)

I'm off to Ipswich for a barbie - does that count? :biggrin:

Actually no, I'm saving myself for Sept 20th. I'm so keen to run Pose2Lux in the new U-Beaut PP2012 I can taste it! Simplified shaders everywhere... easy-peasy.

Metaphor of Chooks

Xase ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2011 at 9:27 AM

Quote - I'm off to Ipswich for a barbie - does that count? :biggrin:

No, but it sounds cooler..especially with an accent. :)

Heck, I'm not even going to Iowa...going to Kansas...not much better.  Network gaming and movies and food!  So take that Spain!  Yeah that's it, Kansas!  All the cool people are going to be there!

Who am I kidding....it's Kansas :)  Still have BBQ though!

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 4:06 AM

Attached Link: Pose2Lux Pro v0.8.1

This update fixes a couple of bugs:
  • bugfix: Jade material fixed to work with 0.7+ versions of Pose2Lux
  • bugfix: Light group names can now contain spaces and non-alphabetical characters

Oh, and Spain was amazing! A solid week of partying to the early hours should have left me exhausted but actually I'm still buzzing with excitement! No doubt I'm going to collapse in a crumpled heap once the excitement wears off :-)

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 8:06 AM

Thanks and when you do collapse, make sure you're on the bed... Save time and energy... 😉

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

jancory ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 8:11 AM

welcome back! where in spain? i'm trying to talk my sister into taking a side trip over there when we go to sicily in november.

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 9:14 AM

Quote - welcome back! where in spain? i'm trying to talk my sister into taking a side trip over there when we go to sicily in november.

Madrid, mostly in and around La Latina quarter. Had a room right in Cava baja, one of the liveliest streets in the whole city! If you visit Madrid be sure to go there, and have fun!

jancory ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 9:19 AM

ok thanks, i've got it on my wishlist now.

& thanks for the new P2L too.....

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

imagination304 ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2011 at 7:16 AM

Hi all,

Can I open poser and Pose2Lux at the same time?

If I can, when I change something on Poser scene, would Pose2Lux dynamically change or I have to press some button to update the render of Pose2Lux?

Thanks in advance

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.