Tue, Oct 22, 8:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: A tip for posing the eyeballs

WGWilco ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 1999 at 12:10 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:49 AM

Here's a little trick I picked up in Sudan. Some other bright folks might have figured this out already, but sometimes things take me a while. Add a simple primative as a prop, like a box or a sphere, set it's highlight color to black and make it transparent, then click on one of the eyes. Go to Object|Point At... and tell the eye to point at the primative, then do the same for the other eye. This way you can move the transparent prop around to where you want the person to look without adjusting eyeball angles. Hope I wasn't the last person on the board to come up with this. -Gary Seven

LoboUK ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 1999 at 4:23 AM

Never be afraid to post a tip like this - there are always new Poser users through here :) (And it's something I never thought of doing) Paul

Traveler ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 1999 at 7:03 AM

I am with Lobo on that one, I would have never thought of that...... Very cool trick! Thanks for sharing! -Trav

jdare ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 1999 at 10:07 AM

That IS a good tip, thanks Lobo! A minor addition to it that most folks have probably already thought of is to parent the box to the head so the eyes don't automatically shift when the head turns. - Jim

Foxhollow ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 1999 at 2:09 PM

This tip always bears repeating! I have a prop at my site that takes this idea further...it's corrects the problem when you Point the eyes at the Main Camera and change the lens from the default wide angle. Usually, the eyes will roll up into the head. I located a ball at the Main Camera location and Parented the Ball to the camera. When you move or change any dials of the Main Camera..including the Lens..the eyes will stay focused on the Cam. It may sound complex, but is very simple and intuitive once the cam is loaded. Complete instructions are in the file. Be warned that my site is (R) rated. The file is on my Download page...please enjoy... http://eroticscratchpad.virtualave.net/ Foxhollow

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.