Thu, Oct 3, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser 9 subsurface scattering? will P9 work without internet connection?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 2:16 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 6:13 AM

according to the P7 reference manual, sss only works with depth map shadows.

the P9 new features page doesn't mention if it will work with raytrace shadows in the new version?

http://poser.smithmicro.com/comingsoon/

19 days left to pre-order. and it looks like pre-order includes the physical version.  yayy
no way i can d/l jigabytes.

i can't find anything to say if P9 will work without an internet connection?
P8 gives me an annoying message every time i start it, looking for the mothership :lol:

the only internet i can get on my lonely deadend street is optimum, and i'd rather spend that 50 bucks a month on content.

Facebook® image export?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 4:28 PM · edited Wed, 31 August 2011 at 4:28 PM

Wait...Poser 7 doesn't even have SSS. SSS is completely new to Poser9/2012.

Laurie

willyb53 ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 6:54 PM

As far as I know, all versions check the local network if available to see if another copy with the same serial is running.

Poser should not be 'Phoning home" unless you have Edit>preferences>Misc>Check for updates checked.

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

willyb53 ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 7:04 PM · edited Wed, 31 August 2011 at 7:05 PM

OK, just checked on mine (P8) and if network down it gave error, if internet down (modem unplugged, I received no error.

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 7:22 PM

Quote - Wait...Poser 7 doesn't even have SSS. SSS is completely new to Poser9/2012.

P7 does have fake SSS...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 9:26 PM

Quote - > Quote - Wait...Poser 7 doesn't even have SSS. SSS is completely new to Poser9/2012.

P7 does have fake SSS...

Ahh...

Never used it :P.

Laurie

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 8:20 AM

Poser9/PP2012 work without a live  Internet connection.
Facebook export = YES.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 8:39 AM

why would anyone need facebook export? :huh:

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 8:43 AM

everything has to be connected to facebook. it's the in thing.

next up. your coffee pot, now Facebook Connected! (and thats not quite a joke...)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 9:02 AM

Quote - everything has to be connected to facebook. it's the in thing.

next up. your coffee pot, now Facebook Connected! (and thats not quite a joke...)

but, the site is so ugly, imo.

now, ---  icanhascheezburger  -  that would be cool, export to Lolz builder. 😄

Lzy724 ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 9:10 AM

Quote - > Quote - everything has to be connected to facebook. it's the in thing.

but, the site is so ugly, imo.

now, ---  icanhascheezburger  -  that would be cool, export to Lolz builder. 😄

what a brilliant idea!! LOL

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2011 at 8:05 AM

Quote - As far as I know, all versions check the local network if available to see if another copy with the same serial is running.

Poser should not be 'Phoning home" unless you have Edit>preferences>Misc>Check for updates checked.

Bill

i double checked my preferences, Check for updates is unchecked.

sigh i can't pre-order P9 today, cuz my P8 serial number is on my home compy.

lkendall ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2011 at 9:37 AM · edited Fri, 09 September 2011 at 9:37 AM

file_472703.jpg

**MistyLaraPrincess**:

If you bought from Content Paradise, your seriel number may be in your order history at Content Paridise. My seriel number for PP2010 was there.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2011 at 12:57 PM

On the OP question, don't mix fake SSS with our new true SSS.

I doubt true SSS will even deal well with depth map shadows. Depth maps are nowhere close to realistic, and AFAIK, SSS calculation is a very raytrace sort of thing.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.