Sun, Sep 22, 1:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Need help to creat several figures

Frank_Markussen ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2011 at 5:50 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:37 AM

Attached Link: preview 1

file_472695.jpg

Hi.

I have tried to create some of the figures from DC Comics cartoons series "Legion of Super Heroes", but there are several of the charaterc I have problems with. Because it is not possible to attach more than 1 picture at the time here, I have to post several reply to try to explaine.

This picture is a preview of some of the more than 60 figures I have made. Mostly I have used Victoria 4, Michael 4 and Michael 3 with bodysuit to create the figures, but some figures are more difficult and the one I am not able to create is "Gates".

Frank_Markussen ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2011 at 6:04 AM

file_472697.jpg

This is Gates, a mixture of a 8 (or up to 12) legged insect, with a "bird"-like face and arms with only 2 fingers.

Are there somebody who think it is possible to create a figure that look something like this in Poser or a another software?

My knowledge to other 3D software is very limited. I have tried to use 3D Max, but are still at making squares and balls...

Frank_Markussen ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2011 at 6:08 AM

file_472698.jpg

Another of the figures have 3 fingers and 2 toes. Anyone that know if it is possible to create this effect on Victoria 4?

Frank_Markussen ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2011 at 6:09 AM

file_472700.jpg

My current version of Comet Queen.

Paloth ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2011 at 7:52 AM

Gates would need to be an original figure. The amount of work involved in creating this, (even if you know what you're doing) probably isn't worth it. It belongs to DC, you couldn't sell it and distributing it would be dubious. Most people who know how to make something like this for Poser are too busy making their own stuff.

The three-fingered thing might be faked by creating a morph in a program like Zbrush to mash the fingers together smoothly, index to middle, ring to pinky. If you wanted to move the fingers, it might be a problem. You could switch the geometry for the hands, but that would involve a new hand part and perhaps rigging as well (not to mention a knowledge of the cr2 format.) 

If you have a lot of time and patience you could learn to do all of this stuff. If you have money, maybe you can pay someone to do it for you.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

modus0 ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2011 at 10:14 AM

For Comet Queen, the V4 Creature Creator Morphs have 3 finger and 2 toe morphs, though they aren't very slender.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Frank_Markussen ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2011 at 2:51 PM

file_472711.jpg

This is a "Gates" figure I have been working with; A mixture of a Scorpion and Michael 3. Not very "posing-friendly"...

--O--

wingnut1 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2011 at 10:26 AM

Have you tried ZBrush for that? I've seen some amazing results from it, and it seems to be quick to learn. My son started using it this summer and was turning out amazing (to me) figures in a few weeks. I think you can import the figures into Poser and play with them further.

Frank_Markussen ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2011 at 10:46 AM

file_472726.jpg

> Quote - For Comet Queen, the V4 Creature Creator Morphs have 3 finger and 2 toe morphs, though they aren't very slender.

Thanx a lot.

I have tested this morph, but I had to create a completly new figure. The V4 Creature Morph would not work with the figure I have made (a problem I have seen several times).

.:. F .:.

Frank_Markussen ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2011 at 10:59 AM

Quote - Have you tried ZBrush for that? I've seen some amazing results from it, and it seems to be quick to learn. My son started using it this summer and was turning out amazing (to me) figures in a few weeks. I think you can import the figures into Poser and play with them further.

I have tested ZBrush too, but I am still at a very basic level here too. At the moment I try to make better Poser figures and to use these figures in interactive movies/games I create with Multimedia Fusion Developer

.:. F .:.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.