Sun, Oct 6, 10:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Grrrrr... nipple issue AGAIN....

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 3:24 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:10 AM

I want to make a suit for SimonG2, the Green Lightning thing I have been working on. I have a pretty good idea from watching a few tuts on how to do this, but I can't get past taking the nipples out.

What I did was to export his .obj file sans hands feet and head to Wings3D. I have no problems up until I try to take the nipples out. The polygons are so small, they are hard to pinpoint and work on.

In Poser, I attempted to morph them out and then export the morphed .obj file. No dice, I am not skilled enough with the morph tool to removed them.

Are there any tutorials around here somewhere that explain how to do this? I really want to make this costume because the second skin texture I am using has too many shortcomings to be useful.

I appreciate any help you can give me with this. If someone has the time and can do a .obj file of SimonG2 without nipples, that would be cool too, but I would rather be able to do it myself, so I have that skill set for future reference.

Thank you for you help. I know there are probably threads started in here to deal with this issue, as I am sure I am no the first to come across it, but for the life of me, I couldn't find them. I guess I am not trying hard enough.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

shuy ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 4:32 PM · edited Sun, 11 September 2011 at 4:38 PM

I think you should swith off genitalia in Poser menu => figure. It hides female nipples then maybe help with Simon.

BTW you should change camera setting in Wings, to make closup visible (do not ask how - I do not remember, ask google). Nipple hide morph can be done with "slide". Select edge rings around to nipple and slide it 90%. If there is single vertex on the top, slide it with "quick edition" to any other vertex. Later slide it to the center again. Nipple should be flat. You can slide back edges as well, to prevent texture stretching.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 8:28 PM

Ahhh, thanks for that. I will work on it later. I am not sure if gen off will work with Simon, because his are a conforming figure, but I will see what happens. And if it don't work, I'll give your other suggestion a shot.

Thanks again, you have been a HUGE help to me since I started modelling.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 8:42 PM

Yeah, I exported him with genitalia off and he still had the nipples, so I am going to try your suggestion.

imagination304 ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 8:45 PM

bookmarked

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 10:52 PM

Ummm, there is no 'slide' in the version of Wings that I am using. I am on v1.4.1, so I am a little lost. The options I do have are 'shift', and 'sweep'... I tried to use them ,but it did some weird stuff to the model...

shuy ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2011 at 8:26 AM

I have 1.2 Slide is avaliable with edge mode (not vericles). Moreover it is avaliable (for verticles and edges) when you on quick edition (or fast edition), then select verticles or edges and hold ctrl and LMB.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2011 at 4:20 PM · edited Mon, 12 September 2011 at 4:22 PM

I will give that a shot. I am beginning to feel that I jumped in over my head a little bit. Even with the hands, feet and head gone, Simon is over 20,000 vertices... Sheesh!

And I am not sure what quick/fast edition is, so I am going to hit the manual before I get any further along. I hate stabbing in the dark. I like a smooth work flow, and so far, it's been anything but.

shuy ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2011 at 4:30 PM · edited Mon, 12 September 2011 at 4:31 PM

On menu bar you can see: menu, edit ... tool, view, help. In "tools" last position is "quick edition" or "fast edition" (I have another language version then I do not know English name of this tool)

SteveJax ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2011 at 5:04 PM

I preferr Blackberry Ripple...erm...oh you said nipples....nevermind.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2011 at 9:41 PM

Quote - On menu bar you can see: menu, edit ... tool, view, help. In "tools" last position is "quick edition" or "fast edition" (I have another language version then I do not know English name of this tool)

On the v1.4 it is Snap Image, but if I click on it when I have the edges selected, it tells me to load an image first...

I did figure out the rest of what you are telling me, I am just having a hard time selecting the edges on the nipples because they are so small. Hope I can get it done in the next day or so, because i would really like to put this costume together. I am taking a break from the script for a few days to let my brain cells cool down, and this is making them work again...

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2011 at 9:43 PM

Quote - I preferr Blackberry Ripple...erm...oh you said nipples....nevermind.

Haha!

from an email my mother forwarded to me:

"Kids just aren't the same as when we were kids. I sent my kids out to pick blackberries, and they came back with 3 cell phones..."

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2011 at 5:55 PM

Scale Poser stuff up 10,000% in Wings to give yourself a fighting chance of actually seeing tiny polygons.  Scale back down when you finish.

Simples. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2011 at 11:00 PM

Quote - Scale Poser stuff up 10,000% in Wings to give yourself a fighting chance of actually seeing tiny polygons.  Scale back down when you finish.

Simples. 

Thought of that, but wasn't sure if it would work. I will give that a shot later on. It's my bedtime...

shuy ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 6:17 AM

Quote - Scale Poser stuff up 10,000% in Wings to give yourself a fighting chance of actually seeing tiny polygons.  Scale back down when you finish.

Simples. 

When you create nipple morph you can do this, but with more serious morph it is not recommended. You can change centre of object, and then scaling translate mesh.

I remember! :) It can be "tweak mode" not quick edition.

In "View" you can find camera setting. Decrease "near clipping plane" then you can zoom more and easy select short edges.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 3:32 PM

Quote - > Quote - Scale Poser stuff up 10,000% in Wings to give yourself a fighting chance of actually seeing tiny polygons.  Scale back down when you finish.

Simples. 

When you create nipple morph you can do this, but with more serious morph it is not recommended. You can change centre of object, and then scaling translate mesh.

I remember! :) It can be "tweak mode" not quick edition.

In "View" you can find camera setting. Decrease "near clipping plane" then you can zoom more and easy select short edges.

I got it. I did scale the model up and back without any issues, but I tried this too, and it allowed me to zoom in closer, but with those microscopic polys on the nipples, it was still hard to select them without a lot of effort. I will keep plugging at it, and hopefully will have something I can start working with soon.

I am thinking that when I import this into poser, I should do it a part at a time, with all the import options unchecked, huh? Make grouping it easier. I tried it with the whole mesh combined, and it was impossible to assign the group names to it...

shuy ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 4:31 PM

Quote - I am thinking that when I import this into poser, I should do it a part at a time, with all the import options unchecked, huh? Make grouping it easier. I tried it with the whole mesh combined, and it was impossible to assign the group names to it...

Sorry - I do not understand. "Load morph target" has no option to check.

I never had problem with groups made in Wings. Poser accepted them correct. Of course you cannot create groups on solid mesh, but if you create box and cylinder and export them as a one object, then in poser grouping tool you can see "cube" and "cylinder".

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 8:40 PM

Yeah, but selecting them in the grouping tool is out. I tried it already... the only body part listed was the hips.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.