Fri, Oct 4, 10:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Anyone Recognize this Fan?

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 7:34 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 8:17 AM

Feathered Fan

Does anyone recognize this fan?  The picture says it's a photograph, but it looks like a Poser figure based on the elbow bend.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 7:38 PM · edited Wed, 14 September 2011 at 7:40 PM

Attached Link: Feathered Fan

Does anyone recognize this feathered fan?  It looks like a Poser image based on the elbow bend. I found the image during a google search.  The photo indicates "Adiene" as the "Photographer", but the image looks more like Poser than a photograph. I did send Adiene from here a message. I haven't heard back yet if the image is hers or not.  But I really would like to get my mitts on that fan!!!

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 8:01 PM

looking at the webbing of the hand betweenthe fingers I would say you are probably right ie CG, but it must have considerable postwork if it was a poser person because of the muscle definition eg inner right arm and the flat hanging down left breast which you can just see. I think the jewelry glints are also postworked so it is possible she just drew in those fans in photoshop.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 8:08 AM

those are nice fans.  ticklish too, i bet -    innocently

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Lzy724 ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 9:40 AM

hmmm. are you sure this isnt lilflames feathered fan?  I cant seem to find it on synful at the moment though.

DesignsbyEve ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 10:43 AM

I recognize it as Adi's work from one of our TAC exchanges years ago.  She's working an offline job these days, so let me see if I can dig it up over at TAC for ya in case she gave credits there.

DesignsbyEve ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 10:53 AM

Okay so she doesn't list credits on her site or in our turn-in thread so no help there.  I think she may have retextured these from RDNA http://www.runtimedna.com/RDNA-Egyptine-Peacock-Feather-Fans.html  If not, it's something that might work for you anyway :)

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 5:53 PM

Quote - Okay so she doesn't list credits on her site or in our turn-in thread so no help there.  I think she may have retextured these from RDNA http://www.runtimedna.com/RDNA-Egyptine-Peacock-Feather-Fans.html  If not, it's something that might work for you anyway :)

They sort of look like it a little. I do have those fans. If she did texture it she must have used a transmap to hide the handle.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 6:20 PM

I found a gallery image with Lilflame's feathered fan.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2031505&user_id=83195&member&np

I don't recall seeing that in the MP. It doesn't look like the one in the image above, but it is pretty. I'm sorry I missed it when it was in the MP. I tend to collect fans, umbrellas, hats and bags for my poser girls.

millighost ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 6:46 PM

Quote - I found a gallery image with Lilflame's feathered fan.

This one is available there: http://www.synfulmindz.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=321

Lzy724 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2011 at 8:21 AM

Quote - I found a gallery image with Lilflame's feathered fan.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2031505&user_id=83195&member&np

I don't recall seeing that in the MP. It doesn't look like the one in the image above, but it is pretty. I'm sorry I missed it when it was in the MP. I tend to collect fans, umbrellas, hats and bags for my poser girls.

Yes, that is the one I was talking bout, however the neck part is only the neck part, the fans are seperate I think.... you could always try sending Nemain a message or even Lil :)

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2011 at 6:19 PM

If you look at the face and hair, it is Poser as is the shadows from the lighting.

That hair is one of kozaburo's. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

MadameX ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2011 at 8:16 PM

The armpit in the image is a dead give-away for V4, IMO.

dasquid ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 11:27 AM

Obvious V4 is obvious :P

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 1:35 PM

The fan looks painted to me.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 2:11 PM

I swear I remember a burlesque-sytle fan package for Poser. Large fans, extra fluffy. And for some reason I think it was in this MP. I remember thinking "Finally!" but funds were tight at the time, and I guess in time I just forgot about it.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 2:54 PM

I thought I saw a fan package too but don't remeber where.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

LilWolff ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 3:10 PM

file_472949.jpg

It reminds me of the peacock fan I bought from firebirdz many years back with a different map on it. The handle is bigger but you can adjust that also.

Will look in my account and see if I bought it here; for some reason I am thinking the old Poser Pro's that Daz took over a while back?

LilWolff ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 3:28 PM

I bought it a Poser Pro's but it is also available here at Renderosity

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 3:43 PM

Thank you!  I searched for "feather" but that doesn't come up. I've put it into my cart to buy next week.

LilWolff ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 5:47 PM

Your welcome

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.