Tue, Oct 22, 3:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: How can you make realistic looking blood?

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 3:51 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:33 AM

file_203776.jpg

I am working on a project right now that is going to require some good looking blood, does anyone have adive for this? I have photoshop and deep paint. As you can tell by this pic, this figure is in need of some blood! No terminator is complete without it! I also still need to do some morphing and other odds and ends, but if anyone knows of a tutorial for good looking blood textures, (dried or running, it doesnt matter to me) any help will be appreciated. Also this figure is being made with massive mike.

veamon ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 4:34 PM

in photoshop, use a soft brush, set the color red to about 83 or so, and switch it to color dodge

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 7:34 PM

file_203778.jpg

here is another progress shot, still working on the blood and stuff.

GrayMare ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 8:11 PM

Eye Candy's drip plugin is great for this, but isn't functional in the demo I have. Without that, you can use bevel and push filters to good effect. There are some good blood textures to use out on the web, I'd use one as a fill so you don't get the red paint effect. Use a layer on top to add some reflection so it looks wet, or use a "plastic" filter. This looks really good so far. GrayMare

SnowSultan ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2001 at 8:36 PM

I have actually used Eye Candy's Glass filter to make blood, and with some tinkering, it can look pretty good. Set the color to red with a very light reflection and position the light so it doesn't bevel the edges too strongly (be sure to lower the bevel too, or it will look very strange). :) You can see a small example of this method in my image "The Serpent Slayer" (search for Snowsultan in the gallery). I hope that's of some help at least. ;) Good luck with your image, it does look like you're off to a good start! Take care. SnowS Hoping his pictures are worth 1001 words.

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 7:00 AM

file_203780.jpg

here is another render, thanks for all your adice, its moving me along with this project!

Blitter ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 12:13 PM

One suggestion, blood does not feather out at all, but is antialiased of course. Your blood color looks good; just make it very shiny, dark, and unfeathered.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.