Thu, Sep 19, 11:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue can't find Poser runtimes on new external drive

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 1:41 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

Hi: I recently purchased a new 3 TB external drive and transfered all my Poser runtime to it. Poser works fine, but Vue 8 and Vue 9 can't find Poser anymore, and when I told it where the Poser executable was, it still could not find the stuff in the external runtimes on the external drive. I did not have this problem before. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thank you, Sherrie

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 4:53 PM

Are the Runtime folder and the Poser.exe program still in the same folder together?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 12:46 PM

The  main original runtime is with the programs. The runtimes I have V4 etc. stuff on is on the external drive.

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 10:32 PM

oh oh, (and hi there!) I bet it needs poser content to be "whole" ? I also made sure to set my pz3's not to save the darn pmd's separately (the morphs) so they are included in the pz3 to import...

I have just posted about being brave and trying vue 5 on my new machine... but hoping that vue 8 is still around to be bought ... since the version before is normally the most stable.. ;)

hugs,

Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2011 at 3:55 AM

Vue 9 and 9.5 are much more stable than version 8 and fewer bugs (video-wise) in my experience.

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2011 at 8:04 AM

The problem I have with Vue 9 is the atmospheres are washed out, unlike Vue 8. I do have PMDs turned off.

Lyne ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2011 at 5:23 PM

hmmm in all vues I did have to turn the HAZE and/or uh...what was the name of the other aspect? ack, not installed yet so can't remember but it brightened up the sky right off! :)  hope that helps!

also I went back, long time ago to keeping my entire runtime in the main poser with the exe... and then vue could find stuff... I know... a real pain to have a bloated poser... but 7 does handle that WAY better and I can have folders in folders in folders in the libraries. :)

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2011 at 6:20 PM

I have just one massive huge runtime folder with my Poser.exe in the same folder.  I don't want to mess with it in case I break something.

AVANZ ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 3:29 AM · edited Sun, 18 September 2011 at 3:30 AM

Under preferences add the Poser Texture folder(s) on the "operations" tab. Don't forget to tick the box next to it or it will still not be found.

N

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2011 at 7:24 AM

"

. but hoping that vue 8 is still around to be bought ... since the version before is normally the most stable.. ;)

"

Bad idea. I seem to recall that poser 8 had problems with clothes that were scaled to fit a poser person in a pz3 (using the scale dial in properties in parameters) when that PZ3 was imported into vue.

Works hugely better in poser 9

love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2011 at 12:53 PM

I'm still not having any luck, but thanks.

adorety ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 10:26 PM

That is odd about runtime. As long as you point to the runtime folder when you configure the Poser set up in Vue preferences, it should work. I also use the newest compatibility version, when it asks. My runtime is not in the same folder as the program and everything has always worked. I run Vue 9.5 and have felt this is the stablest version yet, except for the Skin Vue issue, which is now resolved.

As far as your skies still washed out. I don't know. Maybe try some new atmosphere settings than what you used in version 8. The atmospherics in 9 are more like real life with haze and atmosphere density. Do you use spectral atmospheres mostly and what kind of lighting, GR or lower?

Other things can be Camera issues like having gamma correction on and auto exposure on. I usually have both of those off because they will affect the render. Hope maybe something here helps. AD

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 4:46 AM

Post a sky render so I can see what kind of washed out it is.

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 12:53 PM

Thanks Adorety. I turned off Gamma Correction and that fixed the washed out look.

adorety ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 1:59 PM

Excellent Drifterlee! That was the first thing I noticed when I started with vue 9. I just got Realism in Vue by Dax Pandhi. A bit costly, but well worth it in my opinion. I'm already learning new things.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.