Mon, Oct 7, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: CARRARA 8.5.0.21 is now the latest beta build!

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2011 at 6:28 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 4:10 AM

Looks like Daz has released a beta for us to preview.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=173246

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2011 at 6:41 PM

I'm not happy with DAZ right now...   Actually, I'm mightily cheesed off at them...  So I won't be beta testing their stuff for a while

Kixum ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 7:17 AM

Be careful if you decide to download and use this beta.  If you install it and uninstall your current version, it may not work as it will be looking for libraries which will be missing.

The primary function of the beta appears to be a testing ground for the Genesis figure (a type of figure which as a lot of morphing controls to build different human figures) with it.

There's a significant list of bug fixes which would include memory leaks.  It's difficult to know how many leaks are fixed and which ones may survive.

-Kix

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 4:28 PM

I browsed the forums on daz and yeah, I would only install this on a clean machine and not on any primary production machine.

manleystanley ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 1:02 AM

Oh Please.

To start you have to have Studio 4 installed; the beta doesn't install genesis.

Be sure to pause your antiviruse so CMS can install; or not.

I installed the beta to default, never uninstalled C8.1 didn't have a problem; other then now all my runtime names in the carrara browser are library.

I also uninstalled CMS; I betaed it in ds4, I have nether want nor need of it.

Been doing all my work in C8.5; see above. The content thumbs; meaning my saved carrara scenes, load much faster. Bullet is up to soft cloth, another step tword dynamic clothes.

I worked with genesis in DS4 some time ago, so I only worked with it about 2 days then went to testing the physics. 

Past few days I have been caught up in the carnival thing. C8.5 is working right alng with no real notice in the change of work flow; although I am just working with props/buildings.

The only people in the scene is M4. Working with figures is where you will see the most diference; and bugs. C8.1 can do some nasty things to the mil2 and 3 figures.

Pardon the spelling, Firefox's spell checker doesn't work here, and I can't spell anywhere. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.