Wed, Sep 18, 11:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Creating clothing

Demon2330 ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 1:14 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 10:22 PM

Hi everyone , 

I am wondering what is the best way to create clothing for Victoria v4 base , I was orignally using marvellous designer only to find that unless i paid 200+ Dollars for it I could not  take anything from it and give it away and then had to give anything to them first.

So what are the other way's to create something I have seen some clothing from tv shows and stuff that would look really good in poser.

Thanks everyone

Desktop : AMD FX4100 , GT-630 1GB, 4x BD-RE , AOC e2343 23in LED Monitor , 1TB External (120mb/s write speed)(stores my all poser stuff and photo's from camera) and 1TB internal HDD

P2010 , P2012 , P2014 , Reality 3 , Max 2014 , Lightwave 11 , Showcase 2014 

Website @ www.steadyrabbitdesign.freezoy.com (New site still under construction) & Dev art : Tim2700

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 3:16 PM

I use Wings3D...a free program. So long as you know how to model, you can make anything you want and give it away or sell it if you want to ;). But you need to learn to model if you don't already know how, as you have to make the items from scratch. There is no other software like Marvelous Designer that I'm aware of.

Laurie

icprncss2 ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 4:56 PM

Take a look at PhilC's Cothing Designer bundle.

http://istore.mikrotec.com/philc/index1.html?page=catalog&category=a&vid=2080245373&pid=998521432&oldvid=2143420604

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 5:01 PM

Quote - There is no other software like Marvelous Designer that I'm aware of.

There's a feature very similar to it in 3ds Max, I forget what it's called, "Garment Maker" or something like that.

I thought the MD owners were going to relax a bit on their license restriction, it sounds like they haven't?

My Freebies

Demon2330 ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 7:45 PM

I will have a look in 3DS max i have it but not really used it much.

Desktop : AMD FX4100 , GT-630 1GB, 4x BD-RE , AOC e2343 23in LED Monitor , 1TB External (120mb/s write speed)(stores my all poser stuff and photo's from camera) and 1TB internal HDD

P2010 , P2012 , P2014 , Reality 3 , Max 2014 , Lightwave 11 , Showcase 2014 

Website @ www.steadyrabbitdesign.freezoy.com (New site still under construction) & Dev art : Tim2700

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 6:10 AM

Marvelous Designer and Shade work nicely for me.  

I am hopeless for rigging, so I also have the OBJ2CR2 utility which can help convert the meshes to conforming cloth.  

(My skills aren't high-level, though, and therefore I am probably not utilising these apps to the fullest extent)

Eternal Hobbyist

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 7:50 AM · edited Sat, 24 September 2011 at 7:54 AM

Quote - I thought the MD owners were going to relax a bit on their license restriction, it sounds like they haven't?

They have.  You can give away freebies with their less expensive license, although you need the pro to sell.  I think he meant that the demo is export-disabled.

ETA: Here are the license terms for the personal license now:

"- 3D Data Sales: Licensee may distribute his/her own 3D works created in Software and their 3D derivatives for non-commercial purpose. Licensee may sell his/her own 3D works and their 3D derivatives solely in www.MarvelousDesigner.com.

• 2D Data Sales: Licensee may distribute or sell any 2D images and 2D animations derived from his/her original works. "

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.