Tue, Oct 1, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro 2012 x86

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 9:11 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 11:21 PM
Site Admin

When I installed poser it created 2 short cuts. One isPoser Pro 2012 the other is Poser Pro 2012(x86) looking at them I don't see any difference. What is this second shortcut for?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 9:27 PM

The x86 shortcut is to the 32 bit version. The other is to the 64 bit version.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 11:21 PM
Online Now!

If the PP2012 installation is anything like PP2010 64bit, you should be able to opt out loading the x86 shortcut during the installation process.  Other users had similar situations which comes from not reading each installation window.

Magic_Man ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2011 at 4:30 AM

If installed on a 32 bit OS then the shortcuts are the same, i.e. You can get rid of one.

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2011 at 5:18 AM
Forum Moderator

If you have a 64 bit OS you really don't need the 32 bit version unless you have a problem with the 64bit flash player. (It's still beta, beginning to wonder if Adobe is ever going to release that one) Durring the install there's an option to Install either one or both.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2011 at 6:08 AM · edited Sun, 25 September 2011 at 6:09 AM
Site Admin

I have 32 bit so I guess I'll delete one. I did read all the windows, though I may not have understood them :)

Thaks everybody

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2011 at 5:00 PM
Forum Moderator

If you have a 32 bit OS I don't think you are presented with the option. So, you didn't miss any options. That it puts 2 icons in the desktop, probably an installer bug.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.