Thu, Sep 19, 9:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Physical Poser Shipped Notification

pappy411 ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 12:32 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 7:17 PM

Anyone get an email notice that their physical poser order has shipped?  Or does Smith Micro just ship without notification?

Just wondering if there will be a long wait.

adroge ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 1:13 AM

I didn't get a notification, but I checked my order history on the website and it said it shipped today.

pappy411 ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 1:18 AM

thank you.  I didn't think of that.

Paloth ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 11:28 AM

My order remains "captured" in suspended animation.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Turtle ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 11:49 AM

I just looked and mine is being shipped,  look over the order good I almost didn't see where my says it's shipped and the number to click on to see where it's at.

Love is Grandchildren.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 12:45 PM

all those lil poser boxes came across the Pacific, prolly China or Singapore, and the dock cranes in California hoists the trans pacific shipping containers and gently lowers 'em to the mail trucks.  and now theys on their ways across the Interstates Hwys like Route 66.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

anupaum ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 1:31 PM

Mine was shipped yesterday and arrived across the border this morning.  You can track your product via UPS.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 1:56 PM

Louisville, KY, United States 09/23/2011 12:34 P.M.

Arrival Scan

oooo boyoboy it's coming closer.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Paloth ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 2:07 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I was confused and thought I had purchased Poser Pro 2012 instead of a lousy voucher. Now I've redeemed the coupon and the product can be shipped.

What was the reason for not allowing people to just order the product early, I wonder? Why this coupon BS? I had to go through the checkout twice. Now I’m worried that I’ll be charged twice.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 2:10 PM

ohhh nooos.  2 day delivery doesn't count Saturday.  scheduled delivery is Monday

Roy G ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 3:18 PM

My order was placed on 9/20 but not shipped until today 9/23. I have a UPS tracking number, but UPS can't locate it yet. Just great, that means I may not get it today. :crying:

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 3:49 PM

I was confused and thought I had purchased Poser Pro 2012 instead of a lousy voucher. Now I've redeemed the coupon and the product can be shipped.

What was the reason for not allowing people to just order the product early, I wonder? Why this coupon BS? I had to go through the checkout twice. Now I’m worried that I’ll be charged twice.

I thought the voucher was for download to simplify verifications... I received a slew of purchase ads prior to getting that coupon too. I assumed it was duplication email and not intended for physical ships. Anyway, I've done it this way a few times already.

Perhaps the answer is at RDNA.*

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 5:03 PM · edited Fri, 23 September 2011 at 5:06 PM

Whew. Thanks Paloth.

I did not have the deal done evidently. I prepaid for an upgrade from Ppro2010. It drew from my account right away. I asked for the CD to be shipped...

Thought I was done.. Packed for a long trip from home..

But that coupon voucher finalizes the deal. I had yet to pay shipping.. It seems that was all done at the same time before with my previous purchases over the years. This is a little slippery... it implies you lose the upgrade discount if you do not apply the voucher by the end of the month.

Finding out your upgrade cost jumped from 149.99 to 499.99 might upset some people... Not sure why SM would risk that. Gotta be a better way.

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 5:45 PM

My order status still says Captured. sigh

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 6:33 PM

Mine shipped 9/22 after paying for shipping 9/20....

Last I checked it was waiting in  Cal..if..orn..I...A for transfer to the great land of OzTralia.

Is it here yet???

anupaum ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 7:21 PM

Ok, the UPS site led me astray . . .  Here's an update:

West Sacramento, CA, United States 09/23/2011 3:59 P.M. Arrival Scan Richmond, BC, Canada 09/23/2011 7:18 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency   09/23/2011 7:18 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency Los Angeles, CA, United States 09/23/2011 6:21 A.M. Departure Scan Richmond, BC, Canada 09/23/2011 1:48 A.M. Package data processed by brokerage. Waiting for clearance. Los Angeles, CA, United States 09/22/2011 11:56 P.M. Arrival Scan Aliso Viejo, CA, United States 09/22/2011 10:50 P.M. Departure Scan   09/22/2011 9:21 P.M. Origin Scan United States 09/22/2011 6:54 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS Bummer!  I'm not going to get my copy until next Wednesday . . .

:(

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:01 PM

Latexluv,

Have you entered your voucher coupon?

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:08 PM

Quote - Latexluv,

Have you entered your voucher coupon?

On Monday night, yes. I had to pay for international shipping because I'm living in Canada now. I received and email confirmation of that also on Monday night.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:16 PM

Good.

This voucher code raises alarms with me for some reason. Filling out the forms and paying for it with a CC usually seals the deal in my world.

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:21 PM · edited Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:26 PM

I do not know if I should fill out a ticket with Smith Micro. I claimed my voucher excetera as I explained on Sept 20th and now its the 23rd. Shouldn't my order status have gone to Shipped by now?

Weapons of choice:

anupaum ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:23 PM

You can check your order status on the SmithMicro site:

http://store.smithmicro.com

That's how I got my tracking number.  I'm in Sardis, so I don't expect you'll get your copy before I receive mine.

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?263-The-Official-Poser-9-Poser-Pro-2012-Forum

There's the RDNA forums for quick reponses.. SM may be swamped. Who knows.

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:27 PM

I've got another window open at Smith Micro and in my account my order status still says Captured. So I don't know what to do.

Weapons of choice:

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:28 PM

Mine is in Ontario CA .   Waiting for intl transfer I assume.

Been sitting there all lonely and dejected waiting to get to Me..!

anupaum ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:30 PM

@Latex:  Did you go to the STORE site?  If you check your order there, you can get a UPS tracking number.  It makes no sense that they've shipped mine but not yours.

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:31 PM

Quote - I've got another window open at Smith Micro and in my account my order status still says Captured. So I don't know what to do.

Click on the order Number, then look at the lower left side of the statement,  there is a highlighted shipping# , click on that and it will take You to UPS site..

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 9:34 PM

Quote - @Latex:  Did you go to the STORE site?  If you check your order there, you can get a UPS tracking number.  It makes no sense that they've shipped mine but not yours.

I went to the Smith Micro store. I did not buy through Content Paradise.

Weapons of choice:

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 10:00 PM

All you lucky people living in North America.   Poor od Me way down under in the land of Dangerous creatures.  UPS is telling Me approx delivery is late Friday Oct 30 ...

Oh well,   probably by then I might have forgotten that I ordered Poser and it will come as a BIG surprise..   lol

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 10:03 PM

to those asking about the vouchers and why. there was a blog post on the SM site explaining it, back in august. but the blog is jammed on 1 page atm... but with some diligent googling I was able to dig it out..

*Pre-orders, vouchers, & redemptions! Oh Why?*Posted on August 18, 2011 by Smith Micro Blogger

We know that this pre-order voucher program we’ve unveiled for the Poser release is a little out of the ordinary.  It also probably seems complicated, or maybe just strange to some of you, but there are a few reasons behind it that we wanted to share openly in hopes that it explains the “why”.  So here’s the honest scoop.

SMSI, as a public company, is required to report our revenue performance to the public every quarter and hitting the number we say we’re going to make is extremely important.  Our company runs on a calendar year, so the end of the 3rd quarter is September 30, 2011.  Our graphics division set a revenue goal for Q3 that was dependent on a very strong Poser release that we had originally planned for early September.  In July we made the decision to move out the release date so that we could focus on stability and polish features like rigging and rendering improvements.

It was definitely the right decision to make and now that we are nearing the end of development we are extremely pleased with the results.  The extra time has given us very solid high quality releases and there is no question that we’ll make our ship date.  However, we went from having 25 days of selling the new versions down to just 10 before the end of the quarter which put us in danger of not meeting our quarterly goal.  We felt strongly that the products would sell well, but unfortunately WHEN the sales come in matters to a public company.

So we decided on a pre-order campaign which is a common way to extend the buying period ahead of a release.  We really wanted to announce at Siggraph and then give our user base plenty of time to learn about the new features before making a buying decision so we started early.  We also set some of the lowest pricing we’ve ever offered as a bonus for the pre-order buyers.

But why the voucher and redemption process and not just a standard pre-order where we hold the card information and charge it when the product is delivered?  The simple answer is that our custom-built online stores – contentparadise.com and store.smithmicro.com – don’t have that exact capability yet.  So because the majority of the early buyers for the new Poser products are upgraders, and we do all upgrade sales in our own online stores, we had to find a creative way to take pre-orders.

We thought about our options and then decided to borrow a page from Groupon where you pay up front for a coupon and then redeem it later for the goods or services.  But we still needed to limit the redemption period to within the quarter in order for us to formally book the sales.  The rules are a pain. Having to deal with hard quarter-end deadlines is a pain.  But we trudge on.

So that’s the back story, but here’s the front story.  We are going to do everything we can to make sure that all of your vouchers are redeemed on time.  We will send out plenty of email reminders with all of your redemption information and our customer service team will be on hand to redeem your voucher FOR you if you can’t or haven’t by the last day.  We’ll take care of it so that your software will be waiting for you in your store account.  We won’t let you miss out, we promise.

Once your voucher is redeemed and you have access to the software, our 30-day money back guarantee kicks in so that if you’re not happy with the product you can return it for a refund.  We’re also working very hard to address the huge download volume that we know is coming by adding multiple file locations across the country to handle the bandwidth demands.

All in all we’re confident that the process, though a little unorthodox, will work out for everyone.

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 10:11 PM

Thanks for the info re pre order.  I am sure we all appreciate the SIGNIFICANT price drop.

I am just bitchin about UPS being not as fast as they have sometimes been.  No issues at all with SM.   (yet...!!)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2011 at 9:36 AM

squeeee

Farmingdale, NY, United States 09/26/2011 7:32 A.M. Out For Delivery

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2011 at 12:19 PM

Mines arrived in the U.K. - at Castle Donington - hopefully it'll be in me greast mits in the next day or 2.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2011 at 12:24 PM

:unsure:

should i do a complete deltree of P8?

I used Creach a few times, but never really did anything with the other content stuff.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2011 at 3:32 PM

Creech and all the others are in the new version. As far as I can see.

InfoCentral ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2011 at 4:21 PM

Hummm...says mine should be delivered today!

InfoCentral ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2011 at 8:54 PM

Yep, I got it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.