Sun, Oct 6, 10:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Renderosity Site Notifications

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2011 at 4:37 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:12 AM
FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2011 at 1:35 PM

One issue Stacey,
When you click on the icon there is a realllllllllllllllly long lag time for it to pull up the mail or notice. Is this because you are still migrating things?
HugZ!
Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 3:18 PM

Please delete Stacey I found the right thread!
:)
HugZ!
Ariana

IO4 ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 6:38 AM

How do you delete these ebot notifications. I have viewed all the ones I received (via old email system) but the notifications are still listed on the site....

I appreciate that Rendro are always trying to find ways to impove the site, which is great, but I wish you would keep the email notification and  give us the option to choose either ebot or email - for me email notifications are great as I can link straight to the image/comment via the email. I don't really like the ebot system. and having a list of them as it appears they don't dissapear, and I have a lot of favourite artists. 

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

MKeyes ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 10:37 AM

This ebot notification is IRRITATING for ONE reason... you cannot delete the ones you've already viewed. That NEEDS to be implimented or a script that auto deletes AFTER you've clicked the link to the galary.

Good idea - BAD setup! Please get rid until you make it so that the notifications can be deleted manually or automatically upon clicking the link. It's very annoying!

3dvice ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 10:54 AM

Great feature, BUT regrettably it doesn't respect the user's 'turn on/turn off' notification settings for favorite artist uploads.

Le cinéma substitue à notre regard un monde qui s'accorde à nos désirs. - André Bazin

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 7:25 PM

The notifications that stay under "older events" is supposed to stay just like that. As I stated in another thread we MAY put a hide/remove option there in the future.  

When you have new events (the little color burst notifications is there showing you have new events since you last checked) and you click to go to that notifications page then you will ONLY see the events that occured since the last time you had any new events, all the rest are not shown, they are under that "Older Event" button so you don't have to see them unless you choose to click on that older event button. If you go back to that page without any NEW events then it will show the last 10 events that occurred for you and if you want to see more than the last 10 then click the older events button and it will show you even older ones than the 10 .

Stacey

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2011 at 7:27 PM

Quote - Great feature, BUT regrettably it doesn't respect the user's 'turn on/turn off' notification settings for favorite artist uploads.

I'll ask the techs about this as they are working on an "email digest" sort of thing to replace getting individual ebots everytime an activity occurs so I'll see about the options you have in the favorite artist section where you are able to choose to receive notifications or not:)

3dvice ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 8:29 AM

Quote - I'll ask the techs about this as they are working on an "email digest" sort of thing to replace getting individual ebots everytime an activity occurs so I'll see about the options you have in the favorite artist section where you are able to choose to receive notifications or not:)

Thanks! 

Le cinéma substitue à notre regard un monde qui s'accorde à nos désirs. - André Bazin

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2011 at 6:24 PM

After having this feature for ... what ... several days?  A week or two?  (Sorry ... we're travelling, and I've lost track of time.)  Anyway, I've become used to it, and think it will work just fine.

I'm with 3dvice:  If you can find a way to handle the on/off on favorite artists, it will be perfect.   (If not ... yikes!) 

Thanks!  :D

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 30 September 2011 at 11:26 AM

Wow, glad I decided to surf the forums today.

I didn't know about this...lol.

It may take a bit for me to get used to but I can do it. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 30 September 2011 at 3:28 PM

:thumbupboth:

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 7:38 PM

I may be dense...or the feature to TURN OFF E MAIL NOTICES for artists is gone?? I can't find it anywhere! I acutally LIKE the bubble thing to alert me and it's so easy to just go to the image, I want to STOP getting notices that fill up my e mail box for 'rosity! :)

Soooo how can I do that? 

Of course I want the Marketplace e mails, just not the huge amount of artist has posted a new image or even commented on mine.... when I put one up I come and check for comments often. :)

thanks!

Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2011 at 9:20 AM · edited Fri, 07 October 2011 at 10:22 AM

Hi Lyne,

We are in the process of switching over to an email digest rather than individual ebots for gallery activity. There will be an opt in and opt out feature this email digest. This should switch over on Monday. 

As for right now, the turn off and on email notifications for fav artists are still in the same spot. Go to MY FAVORITE ARTIST in the gallery and you can do this there.

Thanks
Stac 

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2011 at 5:01 PM

Quote - Hi Lyne,

We are in the process of switching over to an email digest rather than individual ebots for gallery activity. There will be an opt in and opt out feature this email digest. This should switch over on Monday. 

As for right now, the turn off and on email notifications for fav artists are still in the same spot. Go to MY FAVORITE ARTIST in the gallery and you can do this there.

Thanks
Stac 

That didn't work for me.... :(

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2011 at 7:33 PM · edited Sun, 09 October 2011 at 7:37 PM

ohhh it does not SAY e mail notifications but now I see a "turn on" or a turn off" on my fav artists... so guess I have to just go down, clicking to turn off and this would stop the email... hope it does NOT stop the site notice HERE from showing..! but I will give this a try.. and hmm tomorrow is Monday! :)

Lyne

Uh... I am dyslexic... but I did the 'turn off' and noted that one I had never HAD TURNED ON I got notices of... so I will just wait through this week and see how it goes...I know, it's a process!

thanks!

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 8:48 AM

OK, Stacey I LOVE the daily Digest via e-mail! Now get rid of those dang notices in my on site area! If we opt for the e-mail digest, the other should no longer appear! It is clutter, and annoying... makes me feel like I am forgetting something, or being forced to go comment on every single post.

E-Mail digest YES!
Site List  NO!

Thank you! :)

Me

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 8:58 AM

Quote - There will be an opt in and opt out feature this email digest. This should switch over on Monday.

Bad Rendo!

it should have been opt IN not opt OUT from the start. -10 points.  when someone elects to get no email from a site, respect that. not implement a feature that sends them an email then tell them they can opt out of it.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 7:35 PM

The Powers that be really don't have a clue do you. Have you even thought about those who are Not Active Memebers that have favored Artists here and only come here when they get an ebot that one of them has Uploaded an image. If you think that's an insignificant number you're wrong, watch your Number of members currently Online start dropping because they are no longer visiting. Rendo is going to become the NetFlix of Online Art communities with these Bonehead Changes.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

renecyberdoc ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 1:41 AM

i could compromise when you add a checkbox like in the sitemail/wishlist etc where i can delete the ones i had viewed and acted upon.

that could work .

for the moment all visitors on my site are upset and not content i wonder if we are the only ones.

and yes i see first time i recall at this hour (08:00 08:30 in spain) less than 6.000 members online.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 9:57 AM

does unchecking the daily updates cause it to revert to regular email notifications?

renecyberdoc ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 10:25 AM

no richard i dont think so besides that i unchecked the box approx.a million times already and it still is checked when returning to the site.heheheh

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 1:55 PM

We are gathering all feedback and will be discussing some different options to help:)

Richardphotos ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 7:12 PM

when I unchecked it, it did go to my email account but as one whole email

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 7:37 PM

Quote - when I unchecked it, it did go to my email account but as one whole email

Yep, once a day....Yesterday's happenings, kinda like getting today's paper tomorrow, aint that Nifty...No News like Old News, bout as handy as Hemorrhoids

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 10:57 PM · edited Wed, 12 October 2011 at 11:00 PM

Ok, I liked the eBots better than the new Site Notifications Daily Digest, but I'm willing to live with it.  However,

Don't send me a Daily Digest if there's nothing to report!

For the past two days I've received Daily Digest e-mails saying "There are no new notifications."  I could deduce that information myself by simply not receiving an e-mail.

I beg you to please at least implement this change if you aren't willing to let us have individual notification eBot emails anymore.

The eBots were still better because they were more or less real time.  I could keep track of my friends galleries and my own commented images and respond to them at my leisure.  Now, I have to wait up to 24 hours later for a single (potentially) massive e-mail to arrive.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 8:24 AM

Is it a Fluke that the Ebots are working again...Hope it's not, I hope they are back to stay

Hubert ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 9:01 AM

Sorry, but this new site-notification system is NOT userfriendly!!

Please provide the old e-mail notification system again, if feasible. Optional to chose from, for those (few) members, who prefer the new system.Thanks!!    

My concerns/points:

• e-mails are nearly instantly and fast.
  • e-mails don´t force me to frequently logon/check the site per day, to browse multiple pages with (often endless) delays. Checking for personal e-mails is usually allowed at one's office/job, but browsing (non-job related) websites not!!  
  • e-mails are much easier to handle than this list of unsorted and unmanageable(!!) onsite-notifications, which could spread across multiple browser pages.
  • e-mails don´t vanish automatically after only 7 days! Did the developers really consider a lengthy member vacation or sickness period here?? I doubt!
  • etc. etc. etc.... did I already mention usability and comfort??!

For me, that new system is a pure hassle and wasting much of my limited spare time, which I could spend much better at Rosity. Those "Daily reports" as current workaround are nice for statistics but clumsy and they cause considerable delays, considering our different time zones. (My "news" are over one day old now, to react/respond accordingly!)  :(

I really appreciated receiving an e-mail per incident (comment, fav-post, etc.) and ask politely, to re-activate the old notification system again.

Otherwise, I too would reconsider my amount of activities here at R'osity. Sad but true.

Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 9:29 AM

In reviewing of all the feedback regarding the site notification email system, we've reintroduced gallery ebots and we will be looking at incorporating customizable options on the site notification page.

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 9:41 AM

Quote - In reviewing of all the feedback regarding the site notification email system, we've reintroduced gallery ebots and we will be looking at incorporating customizable options on the site notification page.

I do hope it's not just a temporary reprieve for the ebots, without them it is impossible to stay current here. The ability to be current on uploads and comments and respond to them immediately is crucial to Member interaction, without them there is no longer Community.

renecyberdoc ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 9:46 AM

Thank you very much Stacey and also a big thanks to the complete staff.

i knew that with constructive critics and valuable arguments and in a respectable way we would find a solution.

and i am pretty sure you will come up with a super notification site.

in honor of this i will implant a big 3d-shopping day saturday lol

Hubert ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 9:52 AM

Hi Stacey,

thanks for these good news!! :)

As Lenord, I too hope that the ebot e-mail system will stay permanently.  

Now, I urgently need some new comments at my images... uhm, only to test the ebot functionality, really! Just for technical reasons! Not that I would ever grovel for comments. Pay for them... possibly, but not beg/grovel! ;)

Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

Cimaira ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 11:05 AM

Another round of applause and a big thank you from me. It is greatly appreciated that you returned the ebot system :)

I'd also like to say kudo's on avoiding the FB script that seems to have taken over several other online stores that have comment boxes at the bottom of product pages! I didn't see that once here on Renderosity and I'm grateful. The tech staff is on top of things and that makes me feel even more confident to buy using my cc, in the store.

Jean-Luc_Ajrarn ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 5:28 PM

I sure am glad to see the emails/ebots back. :)

The digest does not suit me either.

Thanks in advance for keeping the option to keep the ebots if one wants to.

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2011 at 1:19 PM

I am GLAD I am getting ebots again!!!!! Keep them coming.

papasmrfe ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2011 at 8:00 PM

Hi, I'm encountering a little hiccup here... (and since I've been ill for several days now, it's probably annoying me a bit more than it should - please forgive.)

When I received my first 'Daily Digest', I came to Renderosity to change my settings so that I would no longer receive it; it kept showing up in my email anyway, so I came back to verify (and re-remove the checkmark) on a few separate occasions. Finally, the checkmark went away; but after a few days, the Daily Digest returned to my inbox - this time, with no way to cancel it.

Please find a way to stop sending me the Daily-Digest. I do not want it.

In the future, it would be nice if we were given a choice to 'opt-in' to experimental site changes, rather than having them fully-implemented before the bugs are worked out. This way, you could gather feedback (from willing participants) and correct any inherent problems before turning the entire community into test-subjects. (This would be a much more considerate approach to use.)

Thank you for your time.

(... and now, I'm off to replenish my supply of Thera-flu - I feel icky.)

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2011 at 9:27 AM

Hi,

This bug should be fixed so if you have it unchecked you shouldn't get the digest any longer.

We are looking into some options you can opt in and out of:)

papasmrfe ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2011 at 3:44 PM

Thank you. I didn't receive one today, so the fix seems to have worked.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 9:59 AM

Great news!! Thanks for letting me know that the fix is working as it should:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.