Sun, Oct 6, 10:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: WIP: my Green Lightning Body Suit

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2011 at 11:42 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:15 AM

file_473863.png

I finally figured out how to get it to fit SimonG2, and I am still working on the cowl and gloves, but I am happy with it so far. I am going to change the final texture map for it, though, as there is too much yellow in a character with green in his name.

I am also going to remove the nipples and naval, something I didn't do prior because I was struggling to make it fit. I did this in Wings3D, by the way...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 5:59 PM

Wow.... no responses.... oh well...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 7:42 PM

maybe reverse the yellow and green and see how that looks.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 7:43 PM

also i think the texture needs more shine.  At the moment he looks like a character dressing up as a superhero.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 7:46 PM

I agree with estherau. Maybe change the colors around and put a shine. I think that would really help. Lookin good! :)

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 7:47 PM

Thank you. I am still working on the texture. I am trying to create the gloves and make them fit.

I went the extreme and took all the yellow out of his costume. I am playing with the idea of making the logo on his chest a badge of some sort. Right now it doesn't look quite right.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 9:37 PM · edited Tue, 11 October 2011 at 9:38 PM

file_473881.jpg

Can someone show me how to achieve this effect with putting a badge on my guy's chest? I am assuming it will have to be separate prop. But how do I put it on there to bend or twist with his chest, and not look hokey?

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 9:45 PM

file_473883.png

Ok... I like the color change and the shine, but I am not too pleased with the chest emblem. I want to do something similar to the Superman Returns costume, so I am hoping that someone can show me a tutorial on how to create that. I want to duplicate the depth of it, and make it conform to his chest shape and bend and twist with him if it can be done.

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 11:07 PM

You could have modeled it in directly or you could have done it as a displacement. Doing it as confromer or a parented prop may require you to also add in support any morphs that the chest area contians and that can be tricky.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 11:23 PM

file_473885.png

ok

I will give it a shot. I may just model it directly on the suit. Thanks

In the meantime, here is an update on the texture...

Ravyns ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 11:31 PM

Looking Good rokket! 

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 11:41 PM

Quote - Looking Good rokket! 

Thanks! I am happy with it so far. It does pretty good in the cloth room, even though it is poly heavy...

Just the gloves and cowl left, and he will be ready to fight crime. I wish this was an original mesh, so I could offer it as a freebie, but alas, I am not that good... yet.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.