Wed, Sep 18, 12:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: The "How Much Did I Spend?!?!?!?!?!" Thread

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:36 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 2:23 AM

Well, here it is, and I'll get going for starters --

This is the "How much did I spend?!?!?!?!?!" Thread --

I joined in May, and since May, I have spent: $523.46!!!!!! Combined in all the months up to now. 

Where does the time go?  It's not only the really great low prices that are here that you spend so much, and not realizing it, but when it adds up, it adds up! I'm like :-O). Right now.

Have a good evening.....

Poser Pro 2012/3DS Max 2013/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Zbrush/

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:44 PM

Pfft....that's nothin ;).

I don't wanna add up all I've spent. I'll cry.

Laurie

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:58 PM

LOL -- I'm glad to know that's low then Laurie... ;-)

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

Laylah ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 8:02 PM

Before I started making my own stuff.... close to 5k on this site and some 11k in total. Its gone down now I only really buy something if it really impresses me.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 8:11 PM

I'm taking the Fifth on this one. 😊

But I think I could have bought a large car or small house with the money I've spent here, at DAZ, RDNA, Cornucopia 3D, and other similar sites.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 9:25 PM

I'm going to second randym.

I don't even want to look at how much I have spent over the years. :lol:

FightingWolf ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 9:33 PM

Unfortunately all of the money that I would have used to spend on 3d content has been going to pay off credit card bills.  I've probably kept things down to $50 or less for the last 5 months total.  Poser Pro was my last "Big" purchase.

I already have tons of content now since I started years ago.  In total I know I have spend well over $3000 in content over the years and that's not including buying Poser.  My goal now is to see some sort of return for the $3000 investment.

triangle2010 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 9:43 PM · edited Tue, 25 October 2011 at 9:44 PM

If it is a large number, everyone will think clearly b4 spending,but 10 or 20 each time, it don't look like that much, but after all, the sum up is :m_scared:

May be i am OT, but is that a way to earn it back?I am not just saying earn some money, I am talking about earn more money than spent.:m_thoughtful:

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 11:55 PM

Quote - If it is a large number, everyone will think clearly b4 spending,but 10 or 20 each time, it don't look like that much, but after all, the sum up is :m_scared:

May be i am OT, but is that a way to earn it back?I am not just saying earn some money, I am talking about earn more money than spent.:m_thoughtful:

Well, for the longest part of my Poser buying frenzy, I was also a vendor and it sort of paid for itself....lol.

Laurie

KimberlyC ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 12:42 AM

lol Laurie. Been there before too. Wasn't worth it to me. :P

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 12:44 AM · edited Wed, 26 October 2011 at 12:46 AM

Zero.

I've spent exactly Zero on content from this or any other site since I started with all of this back in the late 90's...All my stuff came from store testing and promotional NFR's from my days as Marketing Admin over at the 3DC..

But it's been a long while since I've done any of that so I have no current content...and I still have more than I could (or would) ever use.

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 1:13 AM

Wow Hawkfyr...you're probably in your own category in the Poserverse...lol.

Laurie

"another avid Rush Fan"

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 4:05 AM

Quote - Pfft....that's nothin ;).

Laurie

I CAN'T add up all I've spent. They'd be putting me away! Those nice men in the white jackets and the nice medicine and... :blink:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 8:27 AM

Tom, it's WAY too early for the santa hat!  :P

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 10:41 AM

Quote - > Quote - Pfft....that's nothin ;).

Laurie

I CAN'T add up all I've spent. They'd be putting me away! Those nice men in the white jackets and the nice medicine and... :blink:

And the jacket of eternal hugs...

anupaum ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 12:24 PM · edited Wed, 26 October 2011 at 12:25 PM

My main runtime is 111 GB in size.  I've been using Poser since version 3, and I don't even want to THINK about how much money I've spent on content over the years . . .

(I wonder how many Rush fans are on Renderosity . . .)

FightingWolf ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 12:30 PM

Quote - My main runtime is 111 GB in size.

That's definitely got me beat.  Maybe I would have that much if I didn't lose all of my 3d content during an external hard drive crash.  I lost 4 years worth of photography as well.  Hopefully this year I'll be able to take the hard drive in to have the motor replaced so I can get my content back.

anupaum ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 12:40 PM

Quote - > Quote - My main runtime is 111 GB in size.

That's definitely got me beat.  Maybe I would have that much if I didn't lose all of my 3d content during an external hard drive crash.  I lost 4 years worth of photography as well.  Hopefully this year I'll be able to take the hard drive in to have the motor replaced so I can get my content back.

Ugh!  That's frustrating!  I feel your pain!

I regularly back up my runtime on an external drive.  Now, mind you, that's JUST the main runtime I use.  That doesn't include the archived runtimes for Poser Pro, Poser Pro 2010 and the new Poser Pro 2012 on my computer.

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 1:32 PM

Wow -- looks like I have alot of catching up to do to get to 111GB -- only 10gb in size, LOL

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 1:33 PM

I'm new at this. A little over a year. But I just bought a new computer to replace the old econobox. Better able to handle the new features of PP2012. Spent last weekend transfering about 20 (probably more, didn't count) GB of content. Manually installing them into better organized runtimes.  But I'm not addicted. I can quit any time. I mean it, honest.........

I've downloaded Blender and Wings, in hopes of making items that don't seem to exist. (Mostly medical.) Eventually I will run out of things I "must" have. Now I just need more hours in the day, and days in the week.

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 1:36 PM

I can see it coming a new Rendo affliate-Render Rewards-Prime program. You go to a high end car dealer and look at the concept cars several years out and select your target model and price range. Then the car manufacturer supports the artists and certain products that fits their genre-projected lifestyle of vehicle. Then every purchase you make here at Rendo a small percent is sent to the car dealer and put in your account. You as a user are expected to send various renders to the car manufacturer from time to time to be used in print-web advertising. Then one day in the future you get a call and are informed you just spent 3 gazzilion dollars on content at Rendo and met the required threshold. Please come pick you your shinny new Mercedes, BMW or even Ferrari. :thumbupboth:

Think of it as how to buy a new car by paying $10.00 at a time.

To the admins: Who do I contact in Rendo affliates program? My Ferrari was supposed to be yellow, not red!!!!!

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 1:42 PM

Quite honestly, I've spent thousands.  Here and at DAZ, it adds up to a frightening amount.  Add in the now defunct PoserPros, 3DCommune, SanctumArt, plus several other sites that are still going - Renderotica, ZS3D and more, and it becomes a thing of absolute financial terror.

I haven't spent much for a while - broke - but when I had it, boy did I spend it. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 1:59 PM

I know the feeling. Now with the new Prime club it's even harder NOT to spend.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 4:54 PM

Quote - Pfft....that's nothin ;).

Laurie

Let's see. I've shopped here, RDNA, Daz, Smith Micro, Content Paradise, and some other smaller private vendor sites.

A couple months ago I counted my individual product purchases from this site only (not the whole orders, but the individual packages bought), and even added up the value.

And all I'll say is that I did cry!!! 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

FightingWolf ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 5:03 PM

Quote - "  But I'm not addicted. I can quit any time. I mean it, honest........."

I had to laugh at this one because that's exactly what people say when they have a really bad addiction LOL.   You should think about using an external runtime on an external hard drive then all you have to do is just add the librarys.  It saves time because you don't have to reinstall anything.

seaayre ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 5:20 PM

Since I've been at this for about 10 years now, a lot. Especially in the first few years. Now, not so much. My runtimes are full, and my job went to India. So it works out. :)

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 4:04 AM

"Tom, it's WAY too early for the santa hat!  :P"

Actually...It's way too late...I haven't taken it off from last year.

8 )

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

SteveJax ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 5:04 AM

If I told you how much I've spent I'd have to kill you for making me actually add it all up!  3 Purchasing accounts at Renderosity, 1 at DAZ, 1 at CP, 1 at RDNA, 1 at Poserworld, 1 at Cornucopia.com, 1 at Pixlogic, 1 at PhilC's, 1 at Poser Addicts.........

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 8:22 AM

Quote - > Quote - "  But I'm not addicted. I can quit any time. I mean it, honest........."

I had to laugh at this one because that's exactly what people say when they have a really bad addiction LOL.   You should think about using an external runtime on an external hard drive then all you have to do is just add the librarys.  It saves time because you don't have to reinstall anything.

I work with addicts often. I intend to get an external drive, probably SSD, eventually. But I needed to reorganize the content. Much easier to find things now. Next, however, is the second family financial crisis of the year to deal with........

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 2:15 PM
Online Now!

I have also noticed my spending has increased with joining "Prime" ...

I won't reckon it all up, but I have noticed that I have over a hundred morphs for Victoria ... and an awful lot of robots.

Renderosity must love me!

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 2:40 PM

Quote - "Tom, it's WAY too early for the santa hat!  :P"

Actually...It's way too late...I haven't taken it off from last year.

8 )

LOL......Good one Tom!  You're in line with everyone else -- JCPenney's starting to sell their Christmas stuff, just like Walmart is with their garden shops....:lol:

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 3:35 PM

Oh yeah, I also spent a fortune at BBay, buying loads of Supermodel Vickie, or whatever she was called and loads of pose sets.  That was way back before I started doing me own poses, though.

I'm sure there's other stores I threw money at, too.

Like I said, thousands. 

My Store

My Gallery

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 4:11 PM

Wow --

See now Sam, I'm glad that people make packages for poses.  That's one thing I find hard to do, is recreate good poses for people, and have them be effective.  So I have say thank goodness for the Battle Bonanza package and Ironman13's store -- great poses in their work, that's for sure! :m_smile:

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 5:04 PM · edited Thu, 27 October 2011 at 5:07 PM

Quote - Oh yeah, I also spent a fortune at BBay, buying loads of Supermodel Vickie, or whatever she was called and loads of pose sets.  That was way back before I started doing me own poses, though.

Like I said, thousands. 

Bbay, PoserPros, Runtime DNA, Poserworld, PoserStyle, 9mbi, Content Paradise, Evil Innocence, FairieDreams, Animotions, Dacort, Xurge, Renderosity, 3D Commune, Polymage, Imagination Works, Vista Internet Products, Dedicated Digital...I can't think of any more...my head will explode.

These are all the places I've personally bought from, mind you.

:)

Laurie

Prometheus273 ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 1:42 AM

An average of $11.96 a month.

It sounds better that way.

And just to give you an idea....I started the day Poser 2 came out.

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 4:05 AM

That doesn't sound better at all! :lol:

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

SteveJax ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 5:22 AM

Does this mean I can trade all my 3D software and content in on a Jaguar?!?

Prometheus273 ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 6:14 AM

Quote - Does this mean I can trade all my 3D software and content in on a Jaguar?!?

I don't see why not.  As long as it comes in .OBJ format.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 7:46 AM

Don't bother with a static Jaguar model....go for the rigged one. You at least want the wheels to spin ;).

Laurie

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 7:55 AM

I could probably have saved enough for a 1959 Les Paul. 

Well, maybe not but close.   

My Store

My Gallery

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 1:56 PM

Quote - Don't bother with a static Jaguar model....go for the rigged one. You at least want the wheels to spin ;).

Laurie

:lol:

byheart ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2011 at 1:53 PM

I won't join prime, but I am curious as to why they don't have a way to track current and annual totals . . . it would sure help those who suddenly need a tally for back tax purposes . . .

None of these sites do and I lost a whole boatload of receipts in a usb drive crash . . . so I told the guy I'd just give him access to my accounts and he can figure it up cause I don't have the time.

laschae ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2011 at 10:29 AM

Just here I've spent $527.21 since January.  That's a total of 30 seperate orders and including the $25 for Prime.  I really thought it would be much more =O  My boyfriend and I agreed to a budget of $100/month for my 3D addiction so I'm not telling I spend way less than that! =P  I would say I spend the most money here. 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2011 at 8:45 PM

Quote - > Quote - Oh yeah, I also spent a fortune at BBay, buying loads of Supermodel Vickie, or whatever she was called and loads of pose sets.  That was way back before I started doing me own poses, though.

Like I said, thousands. 

Bbay, PoserPros, Runtime DNA, Poserworld, PoserStyle, 9mbi, Content Paradise, Evil Innocence, FairieDreams, Animotions, Dacort, Xurge, Renderosity, 3D Commune, Polymage, Imagination Works, Vista Internet Products, Dedicated Digital...I can't think of any more...my head will explode.

These are all the places I've personally bought from, mind you.

:)

Laurie

Oh Christ, yeah.  Polymage, RDNA, Poserworld, Vista.  Blinking flip. 

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.