Fri, Sep 20, 4:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Xfrog plants

woodcarver2 ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 7:45 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:35 AM

Hi all

I just downloaded some free Xfrog plants and want to know if I can use them in Vue 9PLE. If I can how do  I install them in the program. I tried to copy them over to were I thought they should go but they dont show up in the plants to use. any help please because they really look like good plants and if I can get them to work I will go and buys some. 

thanks

woody2 

stamate_filip ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 8:49 AM

Well, Xfrog plants typically either come in the Xfrog format (and you'd need Xfrog to convert them to something else) or in a regular 3d format (.3ds, .obj etc). You can't use either of those as Vue plants. The Vue plants (the ones with "infinite" variations) are specific to Vue and only Vue can make them.

In other words, you can't use Xfrog plants as regular Vue plants. You need to import them the way you'd import any other object. But, as far as I know, the PLE can't import any kind of object.

woodcarver2 ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 10:57 AM

Ok  thanks  that is waht I thought but they are in a 3dmax format and even a obj format. I guess I will have to upgrade to a full version one of these days . 

woody2

woodcarver2 ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 10:57 AM

Ok  thanks  that is waht I thought but they are in a 3dmax format and even a obj format. I guess I will have to upgrade to a full version one of these days . 

woody2

croowe ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2011 at 12:55 PM

If you go to XFrog's web site http://xfrog.com/130-free-xfrogplants-now-available/ they have some free plants/trees in vob format, not all the freebies listed there have vob format, you willl need to click on each freebie link to see what format is available for that particular item. The Japanese Maple for example is one that has a Vue download for it.

I belong to the XFrog Yahoo group and the following tutorial has recently been posted there for help with thier plants in Vue. www.xfrog.com/Vue/1300XfrogPlantsVue.avi

Hope this helps

woodcarver2 ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2011 at 1:18 PM

Thanks croowe

I will go and take a look at the tutorial that is there and go over to the XFrog site and see what they have there also.

thanks again

woody2

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.