Tue, Oct 1, 5:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara 8 Pro Manual?

sfdex ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 2:52 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 11:00 PM

Am I crazy, or is there no documentation for Carrara 8 Pro? I've just installed it and can't find any useful documentation. The "Help" menu has "Show Tips" and "New User Help Forum." I'm certainly not above looking in the "new user" help forum (though I'm hardly a "new" user -- I've been using Carrara since version 1, and was an RDS user before that), but since it's a "new user help forum" and not really a manual, it's impossible to find details on features. Did they just blow off the idea of telling us how to use all these new features, or am I just obliviously missing something? Thanks! Dex

Antaran ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 3:05 PM

Nope, you are not crazy... there is no manual at this point. There were several attempts to complete the manual, but as far as I know, it hasn't happened yet and the manual is still being worked on...

But that fact is indeed crazy. It's not you, it's DAZ.

At least the community is nice and friendly, so if you ask questions, you are likely to get a good answer from people. Both here and in DAZ forums.

headwax. ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 10:04 PM

Yes Daz doesn't realise that it costs more to get new customers than it does to keep them. For example, I didn't buy daz studio 4 advanced pro - because carrara has no manual.

It's a case of consumer trusting producer - or no longer trusting in my case.

manleystanley ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 12:37 AM

nether does Studio 4.

EngyJoe ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2011 at 8:43 PM

Its really crazy how bad they are with documentation.  You would think they would hire someone just to do that.

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2011 at 7:53 AM

They had some one and some one good, but she wouldn't move to Utah, so....

I've always thought Daz was their own worst enemy lol

cosmos1138 ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2011 at 8:41 AM

Quote - I've always thought Daz was their own worst enemy lol

Sad but so true - they really have no clue of customer service - I returned Studio4 advanced due to its lack of lypsync and ask they remove the serial number - yep its still there after almost 2 months. :  /

headwax. ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 11:58 PM

hmm maybe they have target fixation , that's where you only see what you want to see and ignore everything else.

Still I would rather carrara with no manual, than no carrara and a manual :)

headwax. ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 12:00 AM

Quote - nether does Studio 4.

oh that's a shame ......

they are busy pumping out help videos though

I think 3dage and mark bremmer should be hired to put out a car 8 manual....

Maybe daz needs to finish the car 7 manual first :)?

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2011 at 8:20 PM

Yeah, it's a shame it's far too late for me to get a refund at this point.

My Freebies

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2011 at 4:03 PM · edited Tue, 13 December 2011 at 4:04 PM

With the shake up at DAZcontrol, this may change. Seems some DAZ folk are working on there own time to get out a DS4 manual. But that is studio, not carrara.

If it wasn't for 3dage I wouldn't know how to use half the new stuff in carrara.

And there is a lot of odds and ends new stuff in C8.5.

headwax. ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2011 at 5:06 PM

Quote - Yeah, it's a shame it's far too late for me to get a refund at this point.

Well, possibly not as far as consumer law goes.

Mind you, Carrara is a great prog, and as Manley Stanley says, people like 3dage and Mark  etc are wonderful  Better than any manual sometimes. But of course you can't printh them out, put them on the dining room table and spill coffee on them...

Daz' new arftzone says they are working on a manual...?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.