Wed, Oct 2, 3:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

fivecat ( ) posted Wed, 09 November 2011 at 11:46 PM

I'm going to take the unpopular approach of use what we have.  Certain people have always gone forward with this thought process -- we can ask for more, but we do with what we have. We always get more than what was intended.l

bantha ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 12:51 AM · edited Thu, 10 November 2011 at 12:53 AM

To answer the question clearly - no, I won't change to Studio permanently because of one single figure, even if it is as versatile as Genesis. I use Studio from time to time, but Poser is still the better application for me. I won't change because of some content.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 9:37 AM

Quote - I seriously doubt that a solution which involves constant usage of a another 3rd party program will succeed with Poser users as its main figure. DAZ has to do better than that to succeed with Poser users.

Perhaps they're not focusing on Poser users, and are slowly working to let the Poser users do whatever they will. There is after all a far larger world out there.

==

Quote -  I know that those caught up in the exhilirating air of rebellion don't want to hear that war is hell and people may not flock to the black flag, but it is and they may not. If SM decides to sit back, waiting to fly in like Khomeni and reap the benefits of other people's struggle, then good luck with that.

This, right here.

Solid point... I'd only add that "war" also requires work. Lots of work.

If you want to capture hearts and minds, you're going to need something that those hearts and minds can actually use to their own ends.

I don't care if you cough up a model that has a talking visemes/phonems capable vagina, and fully articulated breasts... if the mesh is hard to morph from its original shape, the character merchies by and large won't touch it. If they won't touch it, then sales won't get very far, so the clothing merchies won't really bother. If that happens, then sales will crater, and development remains with a small hard-core team. After that, that's pretty much it, until it fades into the same forgotten Runtime bin as Neftoon Gal, Koshini, Natalia, Alexa, Dina, Jessie, and dozens of other meshes that were fun for a couple of renders, but were then cast aside and left to rot in the toybox. 

Begmysweet ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 10:29 AM

No I won't switch to daz. I have my reasons (all filled with hate and malice). V5 is just a morph for Genesis. I've had the horrible time of sitting infront of a computer with d4 and this Genesis with the V5 morph...-.- my friend uses this crap.

My thoughts? Pancake breasts. No matter what I did to try to fix them so they didn't look flat..Cause not all breasts look flat and sag..it didn't change. Also I started to fiddle with other things of course. No I don't see her as a big deal. You can make the same thing go on in Poser actually. If you want a character that uses all the morphs and changes shape you can make one for poser.

Antonia is going to see big changes. I for one look forward to it.

V4 is getting weightmapped and rerigged to bend better and not have the flaws she originally had to begin with. So I'm going to grab that.

Mariko is a beautiful model. And I believe with what she offers many people will support her as they are starting to now.

We need some males to go with all the girls being thrown out here but yeah! Things are moving forward with poser.

But WE THE PEOPLE! Should not sit and wait on things to be done for us. We should be trying to learn everything we can. Take a program build clothing, make morphs, paint skins. DO IT OURSELVES! And then offer them up as freebies or sell them. We should learn how to do this if we don't do this already. I'm trying to learn blender and Mudbox for this so in time I'll beable to give free stuff away for characters I support. We should all be doing this. Talking about we want and waiting for this and that to happen aren't going to cure the problem. So lets fix this and move on.

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 11:13 AM · edited Thu, 10 November 2011 at 11:13 AM

file_475074.jpg

"So certain are you? Always with you it cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say? "

Yoda

A big difference between changing something, and not changing someting; between doing something or not doing something; between success and failure; is whether one even tries. If people do not even try, they have already failed. If folks want to wallow in that kind of failure, then by all means linger here for this debate.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 11:25 AM

Quote -
But WE THE PEOPLE! Should not sit and wait on things to be done for us. We should be trying to learn everything we can. Take a program build clothing, make morphs, paint skins. DO IT OURSELVES! And then offer them up as freebies or sell them. We should learn how to do this if we don't do this already. I'm trying to learn blender and Mudbox for this so in time I'll beable to give free stuff away for characters I support. We should all be doing this. Talking about we want and waiting for this and that to happen aren't going to cure the problem. So lets fix this and move on.

Well, you got the talking part done. ;)

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 11:29 AM

I think it might really be different this time.  Because, as wimvdb put it, of the "natural barrier" that now exists between Vicky 5 and Poser.  DAZ used to be the path of least resistance; now it isn't.

As for me, I just spent a ridiculous amount of money at RDNA's half price sale, getting stuff like Python scripts and dynamic clothes.  Looking forward to playing with them over the long weekend. 

And hopefully learning how to shade realistic eyes.  Some really nice examples posted here and at RDNA, but so far, I haven't been able to achieve it myself.  If anyone wants to make a Poser 9 eye pack for Antonia or V4/M4, I would be first in line to buy it.

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 11:31 AM

"'ive had the horrible time of sitting infront of a computer with d4"
.....I'm trying to learn blender and Mudbox for this so in time I'll beable to give free stuff away for characters I support.

Mudbox and Blender much more complicated to learn than DS4  so be prepared.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

SnowSultan ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 12:33 PM · edited Thu, 10 November 2011 at 12:36 PM

Quote - Well, you got the talking part done. ;)

LOL, yes they've clearly all mastered that part.

I wuv Pengy, he speaks truth.  :)

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

mousso ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 1:09 PM

Yeah, I'm not a forum person but when I get email notification and see Peng, Wolf, lmckenzie etc. had posted I come and read it. Their humor is priceless XD

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 3:04 PM

Quote -
Mudbox and Blender much more complicated to learn than DS4  so be prepared.

Dunno about Mudbox, but sometimes,  writing a Poser clone in FORTRAN would be easier to do than using Blender...

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 4:47 PM

Quote - Dunno about Mudbox, but sometimes,  writing a Poser clone in FORTRAN would be easier to do than using Blender...

I use Blender. And Bagginsbill will attest to the fact that my intellectual abilities are not stellar. Blender is not as difficult as you think. And there's lot's of tutorials out there.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

alexcoppo ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 5:31 PM

Sits down, popcorn in hand, to watch to upcoming show... 11.11.11...

About the question: I'd rather die.

About Blender: yesterday, Cycles was merged into trunk. This means that if you go to Blender.org and download the latest build, you have much more than you will have if (...if? nah, no if, it would be libelous rumor spreading, wouldn't it? when!) Carrara will have its LuxRender bridge. As far as tutorials are concerned, there are tons of tutorials out there. And if somebody does not like Blender... who cares? we blenderheads will survive.

Bye...

P.S.: tic toc tic toc tic toc... 11.11.11... tic toc tic toc tic toc...

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 5:37 PM

Once you get your brain around the way Blender does things then it's not as hard as people make out - when I was using it a lot, it was actually pretty fast to get things done.

And no - I'm not planning on switching

(I am agreeing with Alex - the world must be about to come to an end :biggrin: )

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 8:11 PM

Not another EoTW scam!? Last time, I was all settled down with my cyanide and ready to snip off my jewels only to find out there was no Mothership.  

Silliness aside, let's all remember that November 11th is a day when we should  take more than a moment to think of those who made, and are still making very real sacrifices - for us. 

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 8:30 PM

Answer to original question - Are die-hard Poser users going to switch to Daz Studio for VIvky 5?

No, absolutely not. I don't even have DS installed! LOL

I enjoy Poser too much and would miss too much if I switched. :)

SteveJax ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 10:39 PM

Who is this Vivky 5!?!?

grichter ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 11:34 PM

Is 11/11/11 the day the weight mapped Antonia or WM V4 is released? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Sivana ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 11:43 PM

No, I don´t change to DAZ-Studio for V5 or Genesis. My V4 is in best health ;-)

lkendall ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2011 at 12:15 AM

file_475117.gif

gritcher:

No, 11/11/11 is the day when Antonia Polygon ~ Standard will be released at RDNA. This edition will work in all versions of Poser since Poser 6. Antonia Polygon ~ WM is getting the final touches applied. This version will come out as quickly as possible.

November 11 is also Veterans Day in the United States, and Rememberance Day in Canada. A day to honor the sacrifices and contributions that our people in military service have made for our freedom and democracy.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2011 at 1:07 AM

Quote - gritcher:

No, 11/11/11 is the day when Antonia Polygon ~ Standard will be released at RDNA. This edition will work in all versions of Poser since Poser 6. Antonia Polygon ~ WM is getting the final touches applied. This version will come out as quickly as possible.

November 11 is also Veterans Day in the United States, and Rememberance Day in Canada. A day to honor the sacrifices and contributions that our people in military service have made for our freedom and democracy.

lmk

It's the 11th of the 11th of the 11th here in Oz today, and although we're not in the same time region, our celebration on this day at 11:11 was for those who made the ultimate sacrifice for this country. Minute of silence in Post-op Recovery - something that rarely happens... :biggrin:

...sent from my iPhone

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

3-d-c ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2011 at 6:56 AM

Cant wait to see the RDNA release.

3-D-Cs Facebook Page: 3-D-C on Facebook

Check the K-Azonica Story and World Evolving:   K-Azonica

Check my website and products and the large freebie section:   3-D-C

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.