Sun, Sep 15, 11:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:30 pm)

Subject: Python Scripts for Poser 9 / Poser Pro 2012

bantha ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2011 at 2:01 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

Hello, here is a list of Scripts working in the new versions.

New scripts will be added accordingly.

PhilC has updated versions of his scripts, ask for an update at his web site:

http://www.philc.net

Dimension3d has updated his XA,XS, XO and XL scripts for Poser 9, and his other scripts as well.

Personal web page     -     Renderosity Store

Dizzie has updated his camera script and Hampelmann:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=157998

BagginsBill's VSS still works since it isn't compiled, but has no new skin shader yet.

http://sites.google.com/site/poserbagginsbill/vsshomepage

Mathmatic is recompiled and has the new nodes:

http://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/matmatic

Pose2LUX has been updated to work with the new version

http://pose2lux.com

A reworked version of svdl's texture converter can be found HERE

Cages Looper and Skinner scripts are updated, as well as his Morph Transfer scripts:

http://www.the.cage.page.phantom3d.net/looper/loopy.html

http://www.the.cage.page.phantom3d.net/TDMT_Match/TDMT.html

Updated scripts from RuntimeDNA are listed here.

Face_off scripts:

OcclusionMaster PC works, Mac version not currently working on P9/2012

RealSkinShader PC works, Mac version not currently working on P9/2012

V4SkinRealsimKit - will be updated in the store in a few days (already out?)

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2011 at 2:36 AM

Thanks for making this a sticky Uwe ;). For ppl like me that won't have Poser 9/2012 right away, it'll be quick to find ;).

Laurie

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2011 at 2:16 AM

Phyton?   

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2011 at 1:02 AM

SteveJaxA unit of power for the settings on an alien raygun?

Dizzi morphscale script still works perfectly in PP2012

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Helos ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2011 at 7:15 AM · edited Sun, 02 October 2011 at 7:16 AM

Hi Uwe, 

the TextureFilter PythonScript by SVDL now is reworked for P9/PP2012, in fact 

for Mac (only) by me in the old style:  P9 TextureFilter.zip

--> http://www.runtimedna.com/forum/showthread.php?64676-Scripts-and-Poser-9-Which-still-work/page3 
Third from the bottom of the site (Post #58). 

for PC (and Mac) by Netherworks in a two-step-style: NWS_Apply Texture Filter.zip 

--> http://www.runtimedna.com/forum/showthread.php?64676-Scripts-and-Poser-9-Which-still-work/page4 
First half of the site (Post#67). 

Henning  :biggrin:

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2011 at 8:50 PM

Seriously? You can't edit the title so it makes sense to people who don't know it's Python and not Phyton?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2011 at 10:40 PM · edited Sun, 02 October 2011 at 10:45 PM

nic w. can edit the title (mods cannot), but users who are confused may read the thread here or in python forum in order to learn what phyton is.  no, wait, I'm not finding nic in member search.  he may have gone off.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2011 at 10:20 AM

Quote - nic w. can edit the title (mods cannot), but users who are confused may read the thread here or in python forum in order to learn what phyton is.  no, wait, I'm not finding nic in member search.  he may have gone off.

Uh, yes mods CAN edit the title. Bantha just probably hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Laurie

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2011 at 5:40 PM

but I kind of like phyton.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

chaylastorm ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 7:00 AM

Don't know if this is the right place, but I installed PoserPro2012 today. I have found just one small problem. Everytime I go to load something into the main window, like a morph for V4, a 'popup window' tells me to find com.obj, which I can't find. Now I did go into my 'Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > PoserPro 2012 Content' and moved what I didn't want to use into a folder that I named 'unwanted' but left it there in PoserPro2012 content,eg.. the people that came with the program.

Can anyone give some idea as to where to find   com.obj  or why it's coming up.

Thank you

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 5:41 PM

Quote - Can anyone give some idea as to where to find com.obj  or why it's coming up.

com.obj is the geometry for the "Centre of Mass", you should have a com.obz (the file is compressed by default) in Runtime/Geometries/Balance in the content Runtime (not the application Runtime).

ShadowNovus ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 9:54 PM

So for products that use python scripts (Like Al3d's pantyhose), we will have to wait for the vendor's to update them?

Ouch...

I'm so bummed I can't use a couple of things in PP2012 at the moment :(

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2011 at 10:26 AM

Quote - So for products that use python scripts (Like Al3d's pantyhose), we will have to wait for the vendor's to update them?

Only if the script is supplied compiled, i.e. as a PYC file, otherwise scripts, i.e. those supplied as PY files, that don't have a GUI should work fine, those with a GUI might need some attention.

bantha ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2011 at 12:05 PM

I've edited the title. Please keep this on topic. Sorry for being that late.

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2011 at 1:54 PM

Quote - Please keep this on topic.

The only way that can really happen is if you lock the thread, and unlock it only to post updates.

bantha ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2011 at 11:51 PM

I could keep it open and delete every posting which does not fit.... :sneaky:

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2011 at 7:28 AM

Quote - I could keep it open and delete every posting which does not fit.... :sneaky:

Not the fairest way to deal with people who ask questions in the what seems to be a relevant place but is in fact a "wrong" one. An alternative would be split off unwanted posts into their own thread, but I suspect the forum software here doesn't have that capability.

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 3:11 PM

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

bantha ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 3:35 PM

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

imax24 ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2011 at 1:20 PM

Open plea to those who created incredibly useful (and free) python scripts in years past: I think a lot of us would be willing to pay for them if you updated them for P9 / PP2012. I checked the scripts in Free Stuff and see that most of them have not been updated in years. Which didn't matter until now; they worked fine in P8 / PP2010.

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2011 at 1:35 PM · edited Mon, 17 October 2011 at 1:37 PM

Many (perhaps even most?) old scripts should still work, as I understand it.  Any script which used Numeric in earlier versions needs to be updated.  Any script which is distributed in .pyc format needs to be recompiled.  Any script which relied on a .pyd will be broken until and unless a new .pyd, compiled (and possibly revised) for the new Python version, is made available.

Numeric has mainly been used in scripts which build new geometries within Poser, because PPy's geometry API relied on Numeric arrays.  Numeric, however, has been replaced by Numpy in more recent versions of Python, so Poser has had to make that switch as well.

I would assume that if a script doesn't import Numeric and is distributed in .py format, it will probably still run in P9 without any alteration.  There may be a few cases where this isn't true, but AFAIK it should generally be true.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

face_off ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2011 at 3:36 PM · edited Wed, 19 October 2011 at 3:37 PM

OcclusionMaster PC works, Mac version not currently working on P9/2012

RealSkinShader PC works, Mac version not currently working on P9/2012

V4SkinRealsimKit - email me for an update, or (preferably) wait a few more days for the store to update to the P9/2012 compatible version

PoserPhysics - current version will not work with P9/2012.  A new version will be released shortly which will be specifically for P9/2012.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

moogal ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2011 at 6:46 PM

If you want a few more PoserPhysics customers, address the soft-body problem.  We can manually fake it somewhat with magnets (a working jellymagnets script?) but we still need something to automate the positions of the magnets for animating.  I'd consider using a jiggles-like morph-based solution if the process of creating the morphs and setting the parameters was clearly explained.  Is there any particular reason why no one has tried to solve this problem yet?  All the previous attempts now seem outdated and/or abandoned.

(I'd really like to have different fall-off types, though.  How would you use a soft-body or spring solver on trans-mapped hair?  Maybe you'd want the minimum zone to be somewhere along the top of the skull (soft-spot area) and everything farther from that would be affected by the springiness?  I' d really like an automatic way to make prop hair seem less stiff when figures are moving.)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2011 at 9:17 AM

i would luv a script (or .pz2 if that'll work) to remove all the magnet deformers, magnet props, etc from a figure loaded into a scene.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Haruchai ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2011 at 1:25 PM · edited Fri, 11 November 2011 at 1:25 PM

Quote - V4SkinRealsimKit - email me for an update, or (preferably) wait a few more days for the store to update to the P9/2012 compatible version

Just a heads up. Not had a notification but this has been updated at the store. Reset my download today and got the new version.

Thanks face_off for updating, appreciated.

Poser Pro 11, DAZ Studio 4.9

Rubbermatt ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2011 at 6:51 PM

Quote - i would luv a script (or .pz2 if that'll work) to remove all the magnet deformers, magnet props, etc from a figure loaded into a scene.

Then you'll want D3Ds Delete script

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=delete

imax24 ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2011 at 7:05 PM

Just a note from the Mac side of the world... Even updated python scripts based on tKinter will not work on 64-bit Macs. And every older script I've tried in PP2012 Mac in 32-bit mode has immediately put Poser into an unusable state. For older scripts that are indispensible, I go back to PP2010 to use them, then back to 2012 to render.

The good news is that some vendors (Shaderworks for example) are rewriting their old scripts in wx python instead of the problematic tKinter. These work fine in PP2012 on 64-0bit Macs. 

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2011 at 3:08 PM

I was wondering if sdvl's Inj Pose python work with Poser 9/Pro 2012?  I have some custom characters I made and like to make some Injection Poses.

Thanks.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.