Sat, Oct 5, 6:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: testing scripts - need to restart Poser?

unzipped ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2011 at 6:24 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:50 PM

Hi,

I'm testing a script I'm writing and I find that if I have to make changes in modules I'm loading into the main script, the changes don't seem to be picked up unless I quit and restart Poser. I've tried deleting the .pyc files, but no luck. There must be a way to get the changes detected without quitting/restarting but I haven't found the answer yet (and I've been crawling through the archives for this forum a bit). Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks.

OKCRandy ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2011 at 6:45 PM

There used to be a Reinitialize Python under File, but the last version of poser it was available is 7.

It is one of the features they removed I guess. Like save as pzz without using compression in the preferences.

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2011 at 9:12 PM

Yes you'll need to restart Poser.

The reinitialize Python option was removed because in Poser 8 and later, elements of the Poser GUI are in fact wxPython based. You would effectively be reinitializing Poser.

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2011 at 11:46 PM

there is a reload() or inp functions to reload an imported module.  check the manual to see if it applies to your code.

unzipped ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2011 at 12:37 PM

I couldn't find this in the poser python manual (poser pro 2010) - is it a regular python library call?

Quote - there is a reload() or inp functions to reload an imported module.  check the manual to see if it applies to your code.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2011 at 4:04 PM

Its regular Python.

unzipped ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2011 at 10:14 AM

Do you have any idea if it's part of Poser Pro 2010's API? I can't find either in the documentation.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Quote - Its regular Python.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2011 at 11:05 PM

Those are regular python , that is Not part of the poser methods.

look at www.python.org  for the manuals. You want the Library Referance section.

imp (import) and reload are in the index.  

I dont know if they apply to what you are doing.

unzipped ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2011 at 11:58 AM

I think reload may be the thing for my debugging purposes. I'll give that a try.

Thanks.

Quote - Those are regular python , that is Not part of the poser methods.

look at www.python.org  for the manuals. You want the Library Referance section.

imp (import) and reload are in the index.  

I dont know if they apply to what you are doing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.