Sat, Oct 5, 6:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Creating A Script - Interest? Testers Needed.

unzipped ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2011 at 10:32 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:12 AM

Hi all,

I've created a script that saves face (.fc2) files such that they contain either feature settings, expression settings or both. This is slightly different from the default face saving behavior in the Poser library in that the default behavior is to save both, which makes it inconvenient to use such faces when they would override your existing expressions or features. Basically it lets you more easilly create face files that you can use to change an expression without changing feature/character settings and vice versa. It will also (optionally) render a thumbnail of the face suitable for usage in the library pallette. So far I've only tried it out for V4 with the standard, ++, and She Freak features, but it's not hard for me to add figures/features if you can give me the names of the face morphs for a given figure.

Anyone interested in me putting this in free stuff? Additional figure support wishlist? Can I get some tester volunteers?

Thanks

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2011 at 11:14 AM

This sounds like a very good idea!

How do you handle the division of the morphs? Do you store lists of expression and feature morphs in editable text files?

unzipped ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2011 at 11:51 AM

Actually, I've hard coded them for now, the expressions and features are each in their own separate list(s). But putting them in files is a better idea. I'll have to figure out a good way of doing that. Maybe a JSON formatted file including the figure name and the two lists...

Quote - This sounds like a very good idea!

How do you handle the division of the morphs? Do you store lists of expression and feature morphs in editable text files?

unzipped ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2011 at 12:00 PM

file_475446.png

I've also hardcoded the angle at which the thumbnail is rendered at to get an angled perspective on the face, in between frontal and profile. Is that an acceptable angle, would people prefer frontal, or should I make it an option as well? I'm attaching an example of how a thumbnail is currently rendered.

imax24 ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2011 at 3:46 PM

I hope it will be written so as to work in Poser 9 / 2012 and on a Mac. The Mac version of Poser 9 / 2012 does not handle tKinter-based puthon scripts at all in 64-bit mode, and worse in 32-bit node because it makes Poser useless when you try it. At least in 64 mode you just get an error message.

Developers have had success (Shaderworks is one) by avoiding the tKinter mess altogether and updating their scripts in wx Python.

unzipped ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2011 at 4:46 PM

I'm not using any explicit calls to tKinter or wx, but I am using some of the dialog boxes specified in the poser python API. Do you think that will be a problem.

Quote - I hope it will be written so as to work in Poser 9 / 2012 and on a Mac. The Mac version of Poser 9 / 2012 does not handle tKinter-based puthon scripts at all in 64-bit mode, and worse in 32-bit node because it makes Poser useless when you try it. At least in 64 mode you just get an error message.

Developers have had success (Shaderworks is one) by avoiding the tKinter mess altogether and updating their scripts in wx Python.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.