Fri, Sep 20, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: DAZ is screwy...

ookami ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 7:32 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:28 PM

DAZ is screwy. I ordered the windows version of MegaMike and paid for it... no problem. I get sent a receipt (shows that I bought the windows version).... I click on the link and I get to download the SIT (MAC) version. DOH! I sent an email to them... they problem won't respond until Monday... which of course helps me not at all since I needed the morphs this weekend. DOH!!!!!!!!

atthisstage ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 7:39 PM

If you need it this weekend, I suggest going to someone like tucows.com and finding the PC utility that will allow you to open .sit files. And it's one little error. Big deal.

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 7:54 PM

WinAce Archiver will open it. Handy to have for some that only make sit files.

ScottA ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 8:51 PM

I think the shareware program is called Alladin expander or something similar to that. maybe try www.alladin.com? ScottA

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 9:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.aladdinsys.com/expander/expander_win.html

http://www.aladdinsys.com/expander/expander_win.html

Lorraine ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 9:34 PM

but the problem is that there is no exe the installer file seems to also be a non-windows file...so whats up with that?...can it be converted to windows exe file?... I also got the same dealy.... :-)...

ookami ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 9:47 PM

I'm not saying that DAZ is bad... just that their ordering fullfillment system is screwy right now. I love DAZ... it was just a strange occurance.

nitreug ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 10:14 PM

I did try alladin but did not work at all it produce another site file and when executing this other sit file it create a file without extension that cannot be executed.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 10:19 PM

if it's a Mac file, Lorraine will likely need Mac OS and Martin C.'s MaConverter to convert the unstuffed file to Windows format.

Lorraine ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 10:52 PM

Oh well don't have either so I guess I have to wait till the Daz people get in the office....waaa I love DAZ also, just fidgity and want to play with the new toy...

neurocyber ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 1:12 AM

Ever wonder if any one at DAZ purchases anything from thier own site on the weekends? Doh! :)

Lorraine ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 5:18 AM

good question!...

annemarie ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 10:59 AM

Hi all, Regarding the Mega Mike product from the DAZ store over the weekend. The mac file was set as the link for both the windows and mac operating systems. We do apologize for this inconvenience. Please contact tech@daz3d.com if you purchased the windows format over the weekend. We are currently working on improving the accuracy of our store. Please email webmaster@daz3d.com with corrections or suggestions for improvement. Thanks, AnneMarie White DAZ

praxis22 ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 12:41 PM

I concur, DAZ is screwy, bounced my card twice, once I can explain, but the second was right after I'd ordered stuff from here with exactly the same details. I'll have to phone them once I get time, (since it's not like I can phone them from work, in Germany :) later jb

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.