Sat, Sep 21, 8:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser 60% Off Sale Questions

Bendinggrass ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 10:01 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:40 PM

Hello Everyone.

I was just looking over the notice from Smith Micro with this 60% off sale.

If anyone knows more about this, could you tell me if this sale includes an upgrade from

Poser 8 to Poser Pro 2012, and does it include Miki 3?

Thanks so much. 

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 10:12 AM · edited Thu, 24 November 2011 at 10:13 AM

From the SM website:

"60% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE
It's that time of year again and we're offering deep discounts—60% off most software in our online store*—from now until November 30th. "

the asterik reference:
*One coupon use per customer. Not valid with any other offers or discounts. Not valid on trials or upgrades. Not valid for SendStuffNow subscriptions. Sale ends 11/30/2011 at 11:59pm PST."

I guess that answers your question? I guess Miki may be covered but it blows that the upgrade isn't.

Laurie

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 10:55 AM

Try it and see if it works...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Risika75 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 11:44 AM

It doesn't work on upgrades

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 11:49 AM

Quote - It doesn't work on upgrades

I can't even find an upgrade section there. Just the new purchase of Poser 8, 9 and 2012.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Risika75 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 11:52 AM

file_475586.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - It doesn't work on upgrades > >   > > I can't even find an ***upgrade*** section there. Just the new purchase of Poser 8, 9 and 2012.

There's a menu that opens up under the List Price for you to select digital, physical, upgrade, and sidegrade

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 11:54 AM

I tried clicking that arrow, but all it keeps giving me is a popup of the picture to the right.

Risika75 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 11:55 AM

Move your cursor over to the left a bit more, there seems to be some overlap. I had the same problem at first.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 12:05 PM

Ahhhh! Thanks!  That worked.

Bendinggrass ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 1:12 PM

Thanks everyone.

Much appreciated.

Now, Mr DAZ, how about including upgrades. After all, it is Thanksgiving you know :)

rubina ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 1:26 PM

I have both. Poser 7 and Poser Pro 10. I was to trying to make a sidegrade from the Poser 7 to Poser Pro 12, but doesn't work :-( 

So, no PoserPro12 for christmast for me ;-)

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 1:44 PM

Quote - I have both. Poser 7 and Poser Pro 10. I was to trying to make a sidegrade from the Poser 7 to Poser Pro 12, but doesn't work :-( 

So, no PoserPro12 for christmast for me ;-)

Ditto.  I'm finally getting around to getting my graphic card replaced and wanted to get 2012.  But I'll wait for a sale on the side grade.

philebus ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 3:13 PM

On the other hand, the offer is also available at Content Paradise and from what I can tell it includes all content - I just picked up a shed load of Dinoraul stuff (if you like his creatures, make sure you check his store there as it includes some items not sold here).

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 3:22 PM

Quote - On the other hand, the offer is also available at Content Paradise and from what I can tell it includes all content - I just picked up a shed load of Dinoraul stuff (if you like his creatures, make sure you check his store there as it includes some items not sold here).

Holy cow, really????  60% off?  OMG. 

I'm gonna go broke...

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 4:55 PM

The coupon didn't work for me.  I think it's just software, not content.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 5:18 PM

Never mind. I got it to work.  For some reason, it didn't apply until I went back to the front page, then clicked on my cart again.

Holy cow, what a sale.  60% off. I got Miki 3 for $16.  (It's almost 300 Mb.  Pity any purchaser on dial-up.)  I also got a ridiculous number of Dinoraul's dinos, and am kinda wishing I bought more.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 6:05 PM

Quote - Never mind. I got it to work.  For some reason, it didn't apply until I went back to the front page, then clicked on my cart again.

Holy cow, what a sale.  60% off. I got Miki 3 for $16.  (It's almost 300 Mb.  Pity any purchaser on dial-up.)  I also got a ridiculous number of Dinoraul's dinos, and am kinda wishing I bought more.

You probably can use the coupon more than once.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 6:11 PM

It says the coupon can only be used once per customer. 

It's good until Nov. 30, so you have time to make up your mind!

Mark@poser ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 6:54 PM

Yeah I tried getting the sidegrade today too and the coupon didn't work. I wrote CP a note and got this response.

Response (***) 11/24/2011 03:47 PM Thank you for contacting Support. As stated in the Coupon information, the discount does not apply to special pricing, upgrades, etc...

You can use it on the Full Price option for Poser Pro 2012.

******* | Customer/Tech Support
Smith Micro Software, Inc. | www.smithmicro.com ** Customer (******) 11/24/2011 02:45 PM Customer Email = ********
Customer Name = Mark
Product or Seller Info = Poser 2012
Order Num =
Problem = Is a "sidegrade" an upgrade? I can not get your 60% off black Friday coupon to work on an order of a sidegrade from Poser 8 to Poser 2012. Thanks

One thing I noted, if the coupon can be applied to the full price, it lowers the cost to about $200 (40% of ~$499.99), so you still save some money as the sidegrade price is about $250.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 7:05 PM

Might be worth keeping an eye on Amazon.com instead (if you're in the US, anyway).  They run these "lightning deals" at this time of year.  I got PoserPro 2012 for $169.99.  That's cheaper than the pre-order upgrade price.  And there's free shipping (it just arrived yesterday). 

If previous years are any example, they'll be running this deal again before Christmas.

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 7:14 PM · edited Thu, 24 November 2011 at 7:14 PM

Quote - Might be worth keeping an eye on Amazon.com instead (if you're in the US, anyway).  They run these "lightning deals" at this time of year.  I got PoserPro 2012 for $169.99.  That's cheaper than the pre-order upgrade price.  And there's free shipping (it just arrived yesterday). 

If previous years are any example, they'll be running this deal again before Christmas.

Actually, no.

It's $20.00 more than pre-order upgrade price, but still good none the less :)

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 7:17 PM

Maybe it depends on what you're upgrading from?  The pre-order upgrade price they offered me was $189.99.  (This was an upgrade from Poser 8, which is what I had.)

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 8:05 PM

I couldn't get the coupon to apply?  People got this to work today?  I went to content paradise :(  

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 8:13 PM

The coupon doesn't work on software upgrades. 

It should work on the full versions of software, and on the Poser content in the store.

imax24 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 9:21 PM

I hadn't been to CP in a very long time. I must say, I've been spoiled by Rendo and RDNA and DAZ. At CP it seems like a lot of the products (at least in the Props and Scenes category) look like the Free Stuff here at Rendo. Not the quality, I don't know about that since I haven't bought the stuff, but the presentation: primitve figures in stiff poses and weird expressions  used to populate the scenes, primitve lighting and renders that make the textures look primitive and amatuerish as well. Kinda turned me off. Like a lot of them were somebody's first attempt at making something. Other categories, like Figures and Clothing, aren't as bad.

Even with 60% off, I walked away without buying. I was tempted by a $16 Miki 3 (whose regular price is $40, which seemed a lot). But then I thought I'd have to buy a lot of new clothing that only fits Miki 3. I haven't beem able to get Wardrobe Wizard 2 to work well for me.

Still, if there's something you've been waiting to buy from SM or CP, 60% off makes it a good time to do it.

TinyAngel ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 9:27 PM

the site is running SUPER slow for me today- when it even works.

@randym77- i ALWAYS miss those lightning deals

Anyone know how much they charge to ship physical editions? thx!

Bendinggrass ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 9:49 PM

Does Miki 3 work in Daz?  

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 10:05 PM

It's about $10 for shipping software at CP.

There are quite a few merchants who sell at both CP and Rosity, so if you have a favorite here, it might be worth seeing if they sell at CP too.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 10:33 PM

There are a lot of outfits for the G2 Poser characters not available elsewhere, now quite reasonable. Hopefully, they will run this sale again in the future. I'm tapped out helping out family members.

philebus ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 11:50 PM

I wanted to buy so much more than I did - but I had to be strict with myself, and limited myself to $45 - still managed to get about $130 of creatures for that. I only wish that I could have spent more.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 10:52 AM

Someone over at DAZ reports that they were able to get the 60% off discount on a sidegrade to PoserPro 2012.  Dunno if they changed the rules, or it was a fluke or what.

Mark@poser ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 2:13 PM

Quote - Someone over at DAZ reports that they were able to get the 60% off discount on a sidegrade to PoserPro 2012.  Dunno if they changed the rules, or it was a fluke or what.

I tried it again. Didn't work for me.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 2:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - Someone over at DAZ reports that they were able to get the 60% off discount on a sidegrade to PoserPro 2012.  Dunno if they changed the rules, or it was a fluke or what.

I tried it again. Didn't work for me.

Don't believe everything you hear on internet forums.

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 2:31 PM · edited Fri, 25 November 2011 at 2:35 PM

I am getting this as my Christmas present from my spouse.  It was $250 to upgrade from Poser 9 to Poser Pro 201 without the BLACKFRIDAY2011 coupon--but $199 with the coupon applied to the non-upgrade Pro 2012.  I wanted to buy Miki 3 also, but when I tried to get the physical version of Pro at Content Paradise, it only showed the digital version--I wanted the disk.  So I was unable to purchase Pro there and went to Smith Micro website to purchase the physical version.  Miki isn't available on the Smith Micro website--so I had to go back to Content Paradise to buy her.

Poser 9 has Miki 1 & 2 items in with the free content, but no Miki Figure.  I found hair for Miki and Poses for her, but nothing else, I expect that Pro is the same way.  I think it's very strange that they Miki items, but no Mik figure (they should give Miki 2 with Poser, it makes sense that if people like her they'd eventually upgrade).  Although I don't use many female figures in my renders, I like this one and will be using her I'm sure--plus she comes with hair, clothing and Poses.

I'm hoping that SM includes new content with the next Poser release.  This release seemed to have even less new content but the same old "legacy" content we'd had before.  We'd got some morphs on Aylison an Ryan, some new scene files, and the Dragon, but I've not discovered much else.

Risika75 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 2:52 PM

Poser 9 is currently on Lightning Deal at Amazon for $59.99.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 3:46 PM

Quote - the site is running SUPER slow for me today- when it even works.

Physical shipment? Depends on where you live in the world. If you live in Canada and the item comes UPS, expect to pay nearly 100% of the purchase price is duty, brokerage fees, and COD costs for them to collect that from you and taxes on top of it all.  Same thing with the UK.

There were lots of angry people posting on the forums when Pro 2012 was shipped and people were gouged by UPS.

imax24 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 3:50 PM

At CP some vendors have taken some of their products "off the shelf" for this sale. Products they don't want to sell for 60% off and have a pittance after giving CP their cut. Hard to blame them, I guess. Naturally these are the kind of things I would buy at such a markdown! :) 

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 3:59 PM

Quote - Poser 9 is currently on Lightning Deal at Amazon for $59.99.

Ohhhhhhhh

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 4:00 PM · edited Fri, 25 November 2011 at 4:01 PM

Quote - > Quote - the site is running SUPER slow for me today- when it even works.

Physical shipment? Depends on where you live in the world. If you live in Canada and the item comes UPS, expect to pay nearly 100% of the purchase price is duty, brokerage fees, and COD costs for them to collect that from you and taxes on top of it all.  Same thing with the UK.

There were lots of angry people posting on the forums when Pro 2012 was shipped and people were gouged by UPS.

I believe it's Canadian law that you can refuse the shipment and do the customs yourself, avoiding that ridiculous "'for your convenience'fee" UPS of course will tell you that you can't, but you can ;).

Laurie

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 5:03 PM

file_475609.jpg

> Quote - I wanted to buy so much more than I did - but I had to be strict with myself, and limited myself to $45 - still managed to get about $130 of creatures for that. I only wish that I could have spent more.

I could easily have spent more, too. Though it's probably better that I didn't.  I bought more critters than I'm likely to render in a year. 

I got AM's fox on a whim; it was on the front page and looked interesting.  I really like it.  Takes awhile to load, but renders quickly.  The dynamic fur is nice.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 5:10 PM

I love animals. Hardly anyone makes em anymore. The fox is nice. I had my eye on that too. ;)

Laurie

jancory ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 6:30 PM

thank you Risika75 for pointing me at Amazon--i just ordered P9 for $59.95 WOOT!!! -jan-

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

TinyAngel ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 7:06 PM · edited Fri, 25 November 2011 at 7:09 PM

ok where is the poser 9? i didn't see it in the lightning deals? :(

ETA- don't even see it in past deals :/

jancory ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 7:18 PM

look in the expired deals.

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

Risika75 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 7:23 PM

Jan - Yay! I managed to get it too :)

TA - In the Computers/Software deals it's on page 35 of 48, but expired a couple hours ago.

TinyAngel ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 7:23 PM

Quote - look in the expired deals.

as i've posted i don't see it there... are you in the us? or canada? or uk?

TinyAngel ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 7:28 PM · edited Fri, 25 November 2011 at 7:30 PM

Quote - Jan - Yay! I managed to get it too :)

TA - In the Computers/Software deals it's on page 35 of 48, but expired a couple hours ago.

just found it on the "all deals" page... i was watching the gold box page for lightning deals...

you see @randym77 - i always miss them lol!!

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 8:40 PM

Poser Pro 2012 is 8 GB of data, even though I have broadband it would have taken 2 days to completely download if I didn't experience any errors--that's why I had to go with the physical shipment.  I tried the Poser Debut Demo--4 GB and it took a whole day to download.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 11:22 AM

Amazon is offering Poser Debut for $15.99 as a lightning deal today.

They seem to be cycling through the SM products.  We've seen Poser 9, PoserPro 2012, Anime Studio Debut, Anime Studio Pro, Manga Studio Debut, and Manga Studio Pro so far.

Tomsde ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 1:51 PM

I was looking at Debut for possible Vue exports, but it didn't work.  I'd only reccomend Debut for 3D newbies.

TinyAngel ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 6:24 PM

Quote - Amazon is offering Poser Debut for $15.99 as a lightning deal today.

They seem to be cycling through the SM products.  We've seen Poser 9, PoserPro 2012, Anime Studio Debut, Anime Studio Pro, Manga Studio Debut, and Manga Studio Pro so far.

do you get alerts? or do you log in every hour? :p

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.