Tue, Oct 22, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Poser 9 two questions?

moonwatcher ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 11:05 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:48 AM

I could not resist Content Paradise’s 60% sail and perched Poser 9.

I have 2 questions about “9”:

Question 1) Are there any patches or up grades?

Question 2) Is there an easy way to copy the runtime and downloads from “8” to “9”?

Please forgive me if these questions have been ask before, I took only a quick look just on the first page of the forum.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 11:09 AM

There are no Service Releases just yet although there are reliable sources hinting that there will be some sort of a release.

Never copy over a previous version runtime to new, that will cause many problems.  Simply link the P8 runtime to P9 and you will have full access to your content.

moonwatcher ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 11:17 AM · edited Thu, 01 December 2011 at 11:17 AM

Wow, I am glad I check back so quickly, I was just about to start coping files. Thanks for the heads up!

If this sounds like a new-bee question, that is because for the most part I am, what is “linking”? How does one link? And can I find the answer in the help or the P9 manual?

Thanks a lot J

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 11:30 AM

In the library, click the add Runtime button in the right upwards corner with the "+" sign.
And Yes, it is explained in the Manual :-)

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 11:31 AM

P9 manual has good info (chapter 7 if I recall correctly) - the content library is your friend.

The button you want is "add library". 

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 11:32 AM

On the right side of the Library window will be a folder icon with a + sign.  That is the add runtime button.  Click on it and follow you computer hierarchy to your P8 folder.  Just highlight the Poser 8 folder only, not runtime.  That will link your P8 content to P9.

moonwatcher ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 11:58 AM

O. K. that was unusual, that was way too easy even for Poser. Thanks all!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.